UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Happily living in Tiverton :) (seem to have lost emoticons!). Currently only have one dog, Beautiful Benjamin Bear a brown Newfie rehome. We got him when we stopped moving around and settled here. He is ten years + and we have had him a couple of years. he has some health baggage but generally great for his age. DB heavily into astronomy (still) - darker here than Glasgow. I come on line more often now I have an iPad so you may see a little more of me.

• Like 1

Report from Crabtree Park battle zone: All quiet at last. The first rounds of tonight's skirmish were fired early on by Almond Grove, but were drowned out by very bad language and threats to kill from the canine division of Rowan Crescent. The Rowan unit then retired to bunker to plan strategy. There was little time to formulate a plan of action, as Ash Close quickly brought up the heavy artillery and pounded away non stop. Attempt by canine division to smash through the steel garage door and give the opposition hell was discouraged by intelligence officer, who pointed out that the unit would be freezing cold until the door could be replaced which would be Monday at the earliest. After fiddling with a few controls, intelligence managed to access weapon of mass destruction. Mass in C Minor as it happens. Very effective in a flat roofed brick garage. Go, Mozart! Canine division subsided into hypnotic state. Artillery inaudible. Then rain caused hostilities to be suspended.

Rowan Crescent unit will be relocating to somewhere in Sherwood Forest before action starts again tomorrow night, with blankets and rations. This is a night exercise, you understand. It is not a retreat. We are ready to take on Worksop any time. We just don't feel that Worksop is ready for us, and we need to respect this.

• Like 1

Hope your tea was able to be rescued Snow :)

Eyebrows are indeed quite sore now. Keep putting sudocrem on them to soothe them. My left eyebrow is worse than my right one. I felt so sorry for Leanne (my beautician) as she was mortified. She just kept apologising over and over again. I was ok about the situation - could have been better, but it's not going to be permanent, so no real harm done :) In the future, I won't put my acne cream on anywhere near my eyebrows - I don't tend to get spots there anyway but just put the cream all over my face to prevent spots appearing.

And for the information of Mommy Bear, we have gone to live with Mummy Owl to keep an eye on her. But she gets asthma from animals, so we are living in the garage (very snug) until our little log cabin is built in the garden.

Report from Crabtree Park battle zone: All quiet at last. The first rounds of tonight's skirmish were fired early on by Almond Grove, but were drowned out by very bad language and threats to kill from the canine division of Rowan Crescent. The Rowan unit then retired to bunker to plan strategy. There was little time to formulate a plan of action, as Ash Close quickly brought up the heavy artillery and pounded away non stop. Attempt by canine division to smash through the steel garage door and give the opposition hell was discouraged by intelligence officer, who pointed out that the unit would be freezing cold until the door could be replaced which would be Monday at the earliest. After fiddling with a few controls, intelligence managed to access weapon of mass destruction. Mass in C Minor as it happens. Very effective in a flat roofed brick garage. Go, Mozart! Canine division subsided into hypnotic state. Artillery inaudible. Then rain caused hostilities to be suspended.

Rowan Crescent unit will be relocating to somewhere in Sherwood Forest before action starts again tomorrow night, with blankets and rations. This is a night exercise, you understand. It is not a retreat. We are ready to take on Worksop any time. We just don't feel that Worksop is ready for us, and we need to respect this.

It had quite slipped my mind how bonkers Refugees are. Glad to be back!

• Like 1

Happily living in Tiverton :) (seem to have lost emoticons!). Currently only have one dog, Beautiful Benjamin Bear a brown Newfie rehome. We got him when we stopped moving around and settled here. He is ten years + and we have had him a couple of years. he has some health baggage but generally great for his age. DB heavily into astronomy (still) - darker here than Glasgow. I come on line more often now I have an iPad so you may see a little more of me.

really pleased your back online :boldred: any photos of Benjamin Bear

Mark and I are now resident in Sri Lanka and hoping to bring over our telescope next spring , sadly Mark still only has a small one compared to DB :ph34r:

Owl you crease me up!

My PC won't even start. Technical support gets back from Moscow tomorrow so hopefully if anything can be done she will do it. Having shelled out on the renovations in the sitting room and buying my new car and not to mention Christmas there's no way I can afford to replace it if its not repairable. I shall just have to stick to this tablet.

Yantan, if all else fails, look on freecycle, down our way there are quite often computers given away.

Lol, Owl..... that is hilarious

Jayne, hope your eyebrows soon feel better, i had mine threaded and the c*w took too much off and took it from the top, i saw the lady who usually waxes mine and she said i had to go "wild" so i have hairs everywhere apart from where i want them...... i have resorted to applying minoxidil and i now have a few fine hairs!!!!

That week will fly by Loobie :)

Glad all doglets were ok with fireworks :flowers:

Today marks the 28th day since sending my complaint to Thomson - they haven't replied to it and their website says they will reply within 28 days :angry: Thankfully I saved what I sent to them, so I shall modify it a bit, print it out and send it recorded delivery. Kind of ironic since I am complaining about how poor they were at communicating before I went away :laugh:

• Like 1