UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Me too :wub: :(

I don't have a problem with people believing in god or Darth Vader, as long as they do it quietly and don't bother me with it. I would have loved to have seen you in action Marion - I bet it was quite a sight! :laugh: Glad you managed to get out with Archie too - bet you've missed it :flowers:

:GroupHug:

I'm the same Alex. People can believe what they like and I have no problem with that. I don't feel the need to try and make people follow my belief system. Each to his own. However when someone ignores the signs on my gate and door and knock regardless then, no matter what they are peddling, I take great exception to their disturbing me and it's then open season as far as I am concerned. I come out blazing. I mean WTF do they think I have the signs there for in the first place :banghead:

Morning.

Beautiful sunny day here but last night we had torrential rain and in the afternoon we had a thunderstorm accompanied by huge hailstones which turned everything white :unsure:

We had torrential rain last night so fireworks weren't too bad.

Today I'm remembering all those who have given their lives that we might be free - human and animals alike poppy.gif

• Like 1

Oh I LOVE the Coke advert! "Holidays are coming, holidays are coming" :)

It's a beautiful day here too - absolutely gorjuss! Archie and I have managed a short walk to the wood at the top of our road and a half circuit around it and back again. I really felt every footstep today and in fact my right foot went numb about half way in. Fortunately the gorjuss weather took my mind off it. We were only out for 50 minutes but Archie had 40 minutes off-lead time and ran and scooted about all over so he's happy. He's also got agility and flyball tonight so he won't be lacking excerise today.

I really miss sausages so I'm trying some made from turkey and having a sossidge buttie for lunch.

ive put jamas on trudy, a little bit small, but if she keeps them on ill get some for her. shes in her bed a lot, dont want her cold. where is the best place for very cheap ones please? second hand is fine

I have to think about what to do for her. the op hasnt worked on her leg, her back legs are very weak. doesnt look good

Poor Trudy xx

Just had news that an old friend, well known in the puli world, has died. She had been very poorly for a while but seemed to be on the mend. She had been through so much including amputation of toes. But I feel extra sad because she was a lot younger than I am, and if she hadn't smoked all her life, including after she was diagnosed with diabetes many years ago, things might have been different.

Sorry about your friend Owl. Diabetes can be a horrible condition - I see lots of patients with type 2 diabetes, and they tell me it's the mild one. There is no such thing as mild diabetes - any diagnosis of diabetes needs to be taken seriously and not ignored. There is one of our diabetic patients who drives to the shop, buys about 10 chocolate bars and a newspaper and sits in his car for a few hours every day whilst he eats his chocolate and reads the paper. He is morbidly obese and his diabetes is poorly controlled. I am sure that if he stopped doing that every day, he would lose weight and his control would be better :rolleyes: Diabetes is actually the leading cause of blindness in people under the age of 65 :(

Glad Archie is enjoying his flyball :)

Wet and miserable day here today - have just done my ironing, might run the Hoover round in a bit - even though it is nearly time to put the Christmas tree back up again, I am still finding bits of tinsel and Christmas tree in my front room :laugh: I have no idea where it comes from :laugh:

:laugh: I hate going food shopping - usually go on a weekday so it's a bit quieter than the weekend. I went on a Sunday morning once, thinking it would be quiet, it was mental, so have vowed to never go food shopping on a Sunday morning ever again! I have found though the quietest time to go shopping is Saturday night at about 7.30 - everyone else is out having fun or watching X factor :laugh:

I have hoovered, and am now on the sofa with a cup of tea and the second game of thrones book - I read the first one when I was on holiday with cocktails, so a cup of tea and a wagon wheel isn't quite as good, but still a nice way to spend a rainy afternoon :)

It was ok, took a while to get into. I think because I had seen the first couple of episodes of the series, it helped me get into it. I think it took me about 4 days of beach reading to get through. Struggling to get into the second book at the moment - the prologue is pretty long, but I will persevere with it :) I like books that I can jump into and they get going right away, whereas with Game of Thrones, there is a lot of scene setting and stuff, which I find a bit boring. I will try for a while longer, then if I don't get into it, I will shove it in my suitcase for Cuba, as I will need to take a lot of books there as there is no free internet to keep me amused *shock horror*