UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

Lol, Loobie..... try and chill and hopeyou have a great time

Jazz.... any news yet? hope things went your way

Buddyboy, i don't do facebook what is it you are doing?

i have had a manic day, i had to take diez to the vet as she collapsed the day before yesterday, she just fell over on her side, lay there for a second and was back up...been fine ever since and i guess most people would have not bothered with the vet but she is my baby so i am £100 lighter, she has a slightly raised urea level so monday i am taking in a pee sample, then she is getting booked in for an ecg, my vet has said sometimes they never know what has caused it but i would spend every last penny i have on her to make sure she is o.k and at least if anything happens to her i will know i have done all i can for her. Got back to find my dad had left a bottle of screenwash in his boot which had then leaked out everywhere.... thank god for wet and dry hoovers! had a mad dash to the bank to put some cash in to cover the vet fee this morning and i am going to have to venture out with the dog for a walk in the rain (he will hate me Lol) and then whizz down the dr's later..... also trying to deal with my mums mate who has walked out on her partner again... she had a breakdown before and mum put her back together..... this time mum is working and it is down to me, i am not very much help as the bloke she left is a cretin and she deserves so much more, people are fed up with her as she keeps going back and every few months she leaves and rings us in tears... we just get her back on her feet and she goes back to him! i have dug out some over 55's social groups but she won't help herself, i have tried to get her to see a dr but she won't go, my mum has had enough as have her other friends and i do get a bit p*ssed off as all she does is moan but i am not sure what else to do for her

ive got it bacccckkkkkkkk!

im exhausted!

call from the vet, trudys screw in the broken leg has snapped, so crate rest for 6 weeks, yeaaa right!

give your friend the info and say you are busy. if she keeps doing it she cant expect you to be there every time.

have a great holiday xxx

Edited by Jazz

ive got it bacccckkkkkkkk!

im exhausted!

call from the vet, trudys screw in the broken leg has snapped, so crate rest for 6 weeks, yeaaa right!

give your friend the info and say you are busy. if she keeps doing it she cant expect you to be there every time.

have a great holiday xxx

Great news, Jazz. It is just a pity that you had to have all the stress in the first place.

That is fab news Jazz, so glad you can get your car back! sorry to hear about Trudy

just had my mums friend on the phone...crying again, she can't stand being in the house on her own so i offered to get her a cat..nope, offered to get her a budgie...no, offered a hamster no, suggested taking in a lodger...no this is my house and i don't want anyone else here! (but she doesn't like being in the hosue on her own) told her about the groups i had found but it fell on deaf ears, i really do feel sorry for her but if she won't help herself then there is nothing i can do

Moaning :tired:

Well done Jazz :flowers:

Hope Diez is okay :GroupHug:

Remember me saying how Peel Holdings were planning to build up to 600 houses on the greenfield site (cow fields) where me and the mutts have been walking every weekend for the past 11 years? Well they held the hearing on Thursday and it was rejected :pinkie: Link to the story is here. 9 votes against and 1 abstention. We are all over the moon. I know they will appeal but at least they've lost this battle. There has been a massive campaign by residents. Peel did a traffic survey on the road, which they did in the summer holidays, and used this as evidence that local infrastructure could cope. The RAID campaigners did their own survey which showed 50% more traffic than Peel's. Thankfully the planning panel saw through Peel's lies. Peel also argued that the land was unattractive. Does this look unattractive to you?

9cbba2f2.jpg

3572e785.jpg

0a16c052.jpg

bdd8a0b8.jpg

b991742c.jpg

dfd54de7.jpg

• Like 1

The thread does die from time to time :(

I have had Archie out for a forest walk and apart from annoying cyclists who think they can ride anywhere with gay abandon it was a nice quiet walk. I did the walk with much more ease than previously so am quite chuffed. I know I will suffer for it later but it's just nice to out in the woods with my boy :wub:

Oh Alex has posted whilst I was writing this. Hurrah for common sense :elefant: How could anyone find that glorious vista "unattractive" especially with the added bonus of those gorjuss supermodels whose pictures have made me :) and :mecry: at one and the same time :wub_anim: :wub_anim:

• Like 1

I don't feckin believe it! I have just had god botherers at the door so I asked them what part of the "no cold callers" signs on both the garden gate and the front door didn't they understand. This sort of thing really pushes my buttons so I gave them both barrels.

Me: "how dare you disturb me and other people especially when I have signs up specifically telling you not to call, you people make me sick"

GB's: "oh we didn't see the sign. We are just here to give people a bit of hope" and waves a pamphlet at me

Me: I have plenty of hope without having to rely on any of your crap. If you want to help people go and do something productive like actually helping the homeless, the sick and the hungry instead of disturbing people to proselytize your useless beliefs. Now get the feck of my property and don't ever come back" and cue door slamming in their faces.

And breathe.

• Like 1

Congrats Merledogs..... wow what an awful blot on the landscape that is!!! tw*ts

Lol, i am afraid i don't have much time for god botherers either Yantan, to each their own but i really don't need someone shoving it down my throat, there is a nice lady round the corner who lights a candle for me at mass everytime she goes.... i think it is lovely of her to think of me but she doesn't force it on me

beings as you and Jazz have had them today does that mean i will get them too??..... hope not........ i just had to google proselytize, learnt something new there

i was supposed to be on an anti BSL protest today but i think i am getting pleurisy again and it is raining so i just popped and said hello and signed the petition and told them i would send my mum up later Lol

Hope you don't get pleurisy, griff.

No evangelists here so far. I just tell them I do not want to change my religion and wish them the best, then shut the door. If they persist, and I am not in a good mood, I tell them which church I go to and they turn pale with fright before they make a hurried exit. Most of them have been taught that spiritualists are satanic *sigh*

That is a lovely and typically English landscape, Merledogs. What on earth is unattractive about it? Glad the permission didn't go through.

• Like 1

How can anybody think that that rare, picturesque vista could look better with 600 houses, and all that goes with them, on it? All they are interested in money as is the owner of the ground.

I tell the god botherers that I have my own religion and am quite happy with it. Then I shut the door.

Mind you , with the noise the dogs make when they come to the door they are usually half way back down the path anyway. :laugh:

They don't know the dogs are barking to tell me someone is there, not barking at them.

I have baked a victoria sponge for tonight's film club and am now going to help OH cut up some logs. The sun is shining so we better take take our chance while we can.

Oh Alex has posted whilst I was writing this. Hurrah for common sense :elefant: How could anyone find that glorious vista "unattractive" especially with the added bonus of those gorjuss supermodels whose pictures have made me :) and :mecry: at one and the same time :wub_anim: :wub_anim:

Me too :wub: :(

It is a beautiful place, especially considering that it's in Salford, just a few miles from Manchester City Centre as the crow flies, where decent green space is rare as hens' teeth. Lots of people are able to let their dogs off there who can't let them off anywhere else.

I don't have a problem with people believing in god or Darth Vader, as long as they do it quietly and don't bother me with it. I would have loved to have seen you in action Marion - I bet it was quite a sight! :laugh: Glad you managed to get out with Archie too - bet you've missed it :flowers:

Griff - look after yourself :GroupHug:

RMF : Dogs have had some fried pigs liver with their tea.

• Like 1