UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Yantan, do you know the rescue she came from? i would get in touch and request they do a follow up visit.... you are right... she needs to be in an appropriate home, one of our friends is moving house and has decided he wants a dog, he is going to get a puppy and said he would love a border collie....ermm yep that's great beings as you and your wife work all day

Gooster, hope you have a safe flight and an enjoyable holiday

Jazz, hope you get your room decorated

Merledogs, we had a dyson and i hated it... everyone always said how good they were so we spent the cash and in under a year it went to the tip, absolute crap!

I'm here :biggrin: Flight was absolutely out of this world - champers before takeoff (at 9.50am :wacko: ), more leg room than I knew what to do with an enough food to feed an army, as well as unlimited drinks. I ordered the chicken and when they brought it, I said to the steward "that's not chicken" and he replied "no, that's just your starter" :laugh:

Just checked into the hotel and I have been upgraded to a privilege guest :biggrin: The room is awesome :biggrin:

• Like 2

Yantan, do you know the rescue she came from? i would get in touch and request they do a follow up visit.... you are right... she needs to be in an appropriate home, one of our friends is moving house and has decided he wants a dog, he is going to get a puppy and said he would love a border collie....ermm yep that's great beings as you and your wife work all day

I do Griff but it would do no good at all to get in touch with them as they are one of the worst kind of "rescues" and not really deserving of the name. When I was helping at another local rescue we did a lot of mopping up after this bunch and clashed horns with them time after time.

I hope your friends come to their senses.

Great result Jayne! I'm pleased for you. No sign of Mr Right on the plane journey over then?

Thanks guys :)

No sign of Mr Right on the flight over unfortunately - not yet found any English people in the hotel either, so not looking good. It's the welcome meeting late this afternoon though, so hopefully there will have been some people arrive on the flights that arrived from Birmingham.

Am not overly bothered though - there is free wifi everywhere (and I mean everywhere - I am typing this from my sunlounger on the beach :biggrin: ), so I can still talk to my friends :)

It's been a gorgeous day here today so I've been doing some gardening type stuff. I've potted up five plants which I am giving to a colleague at work. Even washed the pots down for them and everyfink.

Apparently it's going to be nice for the next few days so will try and get as much done before the weather breaks. I may take a day or two off this week if I can (subject to my diary). Am off to Bristol tomorrow - going to be a really long day so I'm not looking forward to it at all :(