UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Jazz, sorry to hear about trudy, hope the surgery goes well and she heals well too

Merledogs, how horrible of your neighbours.... have you ever had a problem with them? seems a bit odd for them not to be able to broach the subject with you personally... i don't talk to one lot of my neighbours but the woman the otherside will let me know if the dogs are playing up noise wise. some people really are vindictive little feckers

Safe trip home Happylittlegreen squirrel

Hope Trudy'a surgery goes well :)

How odd of your neighbours Alex, hope you can get it sorted :flowers:

Great news about being able to fly home Sam :partytime:

Holiday is going good, will be spending today mostly in the shade though as my legs and stomach are a rather fetching shade of red (despite me applying factor 30 religiously). Weirdly my back is fine. I always worry my back will burn when I am travelling alone as I usually miss somewhere when applying the sun screen. Must have done a good job yesterday though as my back is fine :unsure:

I always thought we got on okay. I keep myself to myself and only really chat with my adjoined neighbour but she was always pleasant enough. I now feel like I have to disinfect my house from top to bottom before Friday lunchtime when council man is coming round. Now I know why the letter was put through my box rather than posted - he must have been trying to catch me on the hop. Bet he had a good nose through the letter box too. I've never felt so humiliated in my life.

Edited by merledogs

I always thought we got on okay. I keep myself to myself and only really chat with my adjoined neighbour but she was always pleasant enough. I now feel like I have to disinfect my house from top to bottom before Friday lunchtime when council man is coming round. Now I know why the letter was put through my box rather than posted - he must have been trying to catch me on the hop. Bet he had a good nose through the letter box too. I've never felt so humiliated in my life.

The council are duty bound to investigate any complaint. It doesn't mean they believe it.

If your neighbour has not been in your house how would she know it was full of flies?

We once had an infestation of blue bottles. As fast as we killed them more appeared.

We discovered they were coming from a chimney- a gas fire had been fitted in front of it. There must have been an old nest or something in it and the heat from the fire hatched out the eggs.

Copious amounts of fly spray up the chimney sorted it.

Step away from the bleach Alex. You don't need to do more than you do already.

I am so tired, everything is starting to take its toll.

Work is a pain, moving into rented so we can get work completed on our flat is still a nightmare as we could be moving on Saturday apparently. We don't have boxes yet.

In no particular order...glad Trudy seems cancer free, Jayne, do be careful in that sun...Sam, glad you are going home (funny how quickly Sri Lanka has become "home" rather than here)...oh dear that sounds wrong, I'm not glad you are going home, I'm pleased for you that you can! Alex...how old is your neighbour? could they be going a little senile? Unless there were hordes of flies climbing your windows, what on earth made them come out with that? I'm sure the council man will soon see there's nothing wrong.

In no particular order...glad Trudy seems cancer free, Jayne, do be careful in that sun...Sam, glad you are going home (funny how quickly Sri Lanka has become "home" rather than here)...oh dear that sounds wrong, I'm not glad you are going home, I'm pleased for you that you can! Alex...how old is your neighbour? could they be going a little senile? Unless there were hordes of flies climbing your windows, what on earth made them come out with that? I'm sure the council man will soon see there's nothing wrong.

I know what you mean :)

you could have something there about the neighbour , some medications can also make people imagine insects

people can get confused , years ago when I worked on the railway we had a call via customer services that an elderly lady whose garden backed onto our railway line was saying hoards of rats where clawing at her back door. She sounded very frail and afraid so I sent my track workers down who said her garden was very overgrown and the fence to next doors garden had as holes in, It turned out the hoards of rats was next doors pet bunny

We tidied her garden up using tools and supplies we normally used on track weeding ! , replaced her fence with wood we diverted from our stores , told her neighbours to keep an eye on her and my track workers regularly checked on her and she enjoyed making them tea so a real win win

It could be Alex;s neighbour is having similar issues ? either that or they are spiteful sods who deserve infected piles and sore legs straight away

am at the airport waiting to board my first plane

just a quick hi to everyone.

My year has been eventful, my son is now in Austraiia and showing no signs of coming home. I did my Close Protection course at the beginning of the year, and have since embarked on a new career looking after bands and vvvips.

My daughter started UEA in Norwich last weekend, and my partner of two years and I have decided to take the plunge and start living together. We needed to be in a specific area for various family reasons hers and mine and we saw a house today that is happy to have my dogs and is in the right area. My partner is going self employed and has resigned her job and has said goodbye to her career of 20 plus years.

It is a whole new start, and it has not only my daughters blessing but my parents too - which surprised me - it is exciting and scary at the same time.

• Like 2

Moaning :tired:

Hi Jess :wavey:

My neighbour is a school teacher in her twenties. Her parents own the house and before they had it renovated two years ago it was a really shabby eyesore for years, so much so that I had to replace the fence panels on their fence because they were falling to bits. Her garden is left for months to become overgrown. So she is hardly pristine herself.