UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

thank you all, i think i may have found a lady who does palms, i won't tell my family as they will just laugh at me. will need to save my pennys up first!

Owl, sorry things are still difficult with regards the housing situation, i hope it can all be sorted out soon.

just done my good deed for the day, one of the chaps round here was told by a housing officer his cat has fleas... quite how they know this i don't know as i had a hard time even getting within 2 feet of the cat! basically they have given him 1 week and he would have to get rid of the cat.... nobody would take her on as she is aggressive so PTS would be the only option, he hasn't any money so i have paid for the cats treatment, i have applied the frontline and i have sprayed his balcony and bathroom and left him the info on how to use the spray and also put a note on his calender to remind him to do her again in a month (he has learning difficulties)

• Like 1

Well done Griff :)

Hope your house is sorted soon Owl :flowers:

My phone has been playing up this afternoon, unable to get a signal. I was waiting for a phone call at some point this afternoon, but as I have had no signal, no such luck. Jeez, between my sky box having no signal and my phone playing up, am not having much luck with technology at the moment :rolleyes:

Your a good soul Griff :flowers:

Owl I hope your housing situation gets sorted soon :flowers:

Well our DW has managed to take on a shop in town to sell health foods in partnership with her mum. I don't know yet if she will be giving up walking Archie because of it though I suspect she will have too. It's all just happened over the last few days. We used to have a health food shop which seemed to do OK - it traded for about 25 years and only closed because the owner retired but since then we haven't had one so I think the potential is there. It's the bloomin' rents that the landlords charge (faceless business conglomerations from London) that cause so many shops here to fail. My cousin tried running a deli and she had to make £50,000 a year just to cover the rental costs, business rates and staff wages before she could even think of a making a profit. It all got too much for her in the end and she closed it.

I haven't been around much posting the past few days as we're on leave this week and had mil here on the weekend as Rob had a project he thought might be interesting - we have been doing the family tree so I've been acting as the researcher IT person etc. What sparked this was Rob realising that his mum isnt getting any younger and aside from his paternal grandfathers name he knew absolutely nothing about him or that side of the family. So we started on Saturday and as of today we have gone back 16 generations to 1520 :bigeyed: we've discovered a "Sir" a family coat of arms and quite possibly a black branch of the family! (still trying to confirm that one but having discounted it once and then going back further I've now found a plantation owner who IS our line! sooooooo we shall see).

Oh and we booked to go to Florida in 6 weeks!!

• Like 1

oh how exciting Snow!!!! i have criminals and horrible people in my family now and dread to think what i would find if i went back Lol, my nan used to have soe paperwork that proved we were related to rabbie burns but when she moved she threw it in a skip!! very wise to get onto it now, all of my grandparents are gone and my dad didn't even know his grandmas name

Yantan, i hope your dog walker manages to continue with Archie, i am sure she will try her best as her dogs likes to meet up with Archie too

Gooster, i hope you get a signal and you haven't missed your call, you sound like your having a day like i had a while back.... i broke 3 electrical devices one after the other and my dad just told me to sit down and do nothing and touch nothing Lol

i did feel sorry for the lad with the cat, i told his neighbour downstairs as i suspect she has something to do with it and she said he was full of cr*p and he has money, i don't think he is bright enough to try it on and he did offer to come and give me the money but i told him to keep it and go and stock up on flea treatment instead. my problem is i don't ever see the bad in people, i really should walk round with MUG on my head, the past 10 days has shown me what a poor judge of character i am, oh well if he has money at least i will know the cat is safe from the housing woman Lol

forgot to ask, has anyone here ever had their palm read?? what did you think?

I am a cynical old squirrel and I think its a load of pony

If it did work I am not sure I would want to know anyway if I was going to have 17 kids , 3 husbands or about to snuff it

Oh and we booked to go to Florida in 6 weeks!!

how very exciting , where are you going ?

No pod yet, current house situation too complicated to explain in haste, will check in later. Don't worry, it will be getting sorted out. May be camping in garage fro a bit.

I hope things work out for you soon Owl you do seem to be having a tough old time of it :(

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Lol, HLGS i know the answer to 2 of those questions anyway, i am properly sick and can't have kids, i just want to see if there is any reason why i am so unlucky

Lil Angel, did they warn you about the side effects? did they give you any info on what to take / do if you feel bad? hope you feel better soon

Crikey snow, you are doing really well!

Florida is one place my brother always heads back to when he gets chance

Evening. Have had a nightmare of a day. Left home at 06:45, drove to one Birmingham site, did a three and a half hour meeting then drove to another Birmingham site, did a four hour meeting, then finally got going home through M6 rush hour traffic, only to break down just past J14 on the M6 :mad: I was in the middle lane when all of a sudden I lost power - big lorry coming up the inside lane so couldn't pull over. Managed to keep going until he'd passed and thankfully managed to get onto the hard shoulder. Waited for an hour on the verge next to the hard shoulder, all the while getting my ankles/feet stung by nettles. Recovery bloke wouldn't bring me straight home, had to go via their garage in Crew for a mechanic to look at my car to see if it was fixable. When we got there the mechanic wasn't there and wasn't due back any time soon, so they recovered my car to my house and I finally got home just before 9 pm. Engine management system light is on, which means it ain't gonna be cheap. Soooo tired :tired:

Edited by merledogs

Had some news re the situation which happened at work recently - let's just say he is no longer with the company (there were obviously some other factors in play apart from this incident). Dunno how I feel about that.

Edited by merledogs