UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Evening. Have had a nightmare of a day. Left home at 06:45, drove to one Birmingham site, did a three and a half hour meeting then drove to another Birmingham site, did a four hour meeting, then finally got going home through M6 rush hour traffic, only to break down just past J14 on the M6 :mad: I was in the middle lane when all of a sudden I lost power - big lorry coming up the inside lane so couldn't pull over. Managed to keep going until he'd passed and thankfully managed to get onto the hard shoulder. Waited for an hour on the verge next to the hard shoulder, all the while getting my ankles/feet stung by nettles. Recovery bloke wouldn't bring me straight home, had to go via their garage in Crew for a mechanic to look at my car to see if it was fixable. When we got there the mechanic wasn't there and wasn't due back any time soon, so they recovered my car to my house and I finally got home just before 9 pm. Engine management system light is on, which means it ain't gonna be cheap. Soooo tired :tired:

oh no what a horrid day for you

Hope your car is mended soon Alex :flowers:

How exciting for Florida Snow :biggrin:

Someone just posted this link on FB, it made me cry with laughter - it is about autocorrect failings. Some of them are a bit rude, so if easily offended, don't look :)

http://keep0smiling.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/even-more-very-funny-autocorrect-fails.html?m=1

OMG I'm crying !!!!!

• Like 1

Someone just posted this link on FB, it made me cry with laughter - it is about autocorrect failings. Some of them are a bit rude, so if easily offended, don't look :)

http://keep0smiling.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/even-more-very-funny-autocorrect-fails.html?m=1

That's so so so so so funny I am crying with laughter which as I am on a bus is attracting some looks !!!!

• Like 1

OOOO sorry to hear about the car Merledogs but well done for managing to get to the hard shoulder safely.....think i would have punched the recovery guy though if he made me go to visit a non existent mechanic

Lil Angel, i do hope you are feeling 100 percent soon

Gooster i am going to bookmark that for later on....could do with a good giggle

mad busy day for me, had to drop the cat in for a biopsy, then walk the dog, then go and fetch my drugs from the doctor and thought it may be a good idea to let them know my infection was back and i was peeing blood..... thinking i could just get some more antibiotics without being seen...... nope i now have to go back today to see the doctor, then i will have to go and fetch dex back from the vet... he is not going to be a happy kitty Lol. to top it all off i can't stop crying,i don't know what the hell is up with me.

I tried to trace mine but neither of my parents seem to have been born!

That is highly suspicious. Are you sure they are not from another planet?

Griff, if you can't stop crying it may be partly due to the infection? No wonder you are feeling awful.

• Like 1

Thanks for the autocorrect thing, made me smile and also feel relieved that I may have sent some silly messages but not so far any rude ones. I have just baffled a member of a search party by telling her that the tracker dog and handler are now following a scent by the seashore tower, and please head in that direction. There is no seashore in the middle of Ockley Common, Surrey. It's an old semaphore tower.

• Like 2

well i am back... there is blood in my urine (not visible) protein and lukocytes? she is treating me as having an infection but the wonderful hospital lost my sample i dropped in yesterday! she said that as i had seen blood on the toilet paper if it comes back negative for infection i will need to see a urologist as she suspects i may have a tumour! fan flippin tastic.... i swear i want to restart this month and re-do it!

had to take a call whilst in the waiting room too, saying dex was ready for fetching and when would i like to come.... i had to say later as my gp always runs late Lol

Gooster i had a good laugh at those messages, i am soooooo glad i turn off predictive test Lol

Edited by griff

Hope it turns out to be an infection Griff and not a tumour :GroupHug: :grouphug:

Glad to have cheered everyone up with the auto correct :biggrin: I love the responses from the recipients - especially the one where autocorrect said that the bloke had killed his date instead of kissed her :laugh: