UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts All Talking

Jazz

Ooh, have fun Loobie :) Once bitten by the travel bug am sure you will go everywhere :)

That is a fab competition prize Snow :) I never win anything :rolleyes:

First day back in work today after 5 days off, it was ok as I had an extra long lunch so I could get my nails and eyebrows done :) Have booked in for my holiday nails and eyebrows now, it's getting closer :biggrin: 38 days to go :)

Ooh that is exciting. I admire you.

By comparison, I had an exciting and adventurous Sunday and Monday exploring the industrial estates of Rushden, Northants, paying a fleeting visit to the council tip as well as round the backs of all the chippies and takeaways. Wispa and I really know how to live! We did take in a bit of history on the way home, stopping off at Naseby to see the battlefield and monuments.

slept for 14 hours last night so human again now! (well, started to watch "A place in the sun" at 5, woke up with neck ache at 7.30, went to bed, woke up 7.30 today). We got a new caravan on Tuesday from Mansfield - so in theory a 4.5 hr drive in a car meaning a 5.5hr drive towing each way ............ but we got stuck behind so many things and in traffic that it took 6 hrs to get there with just a very quick comfort break on the way..... Love the new van - in theory would have been back with it here on Tuesday night but as darkness came my eyes were getting tired so we parked up in a layby (thanks to Welsh laybys with loos where you can pull off the road!) and tried out the new FIXED BED!!!!!!!!!!!! Did not have a sleeping bag or blankets but did have my cheap fleece jacket so that plus 5 dogs kept me warm till 3.45 then we set off for home after a quick walk and got back just in time for work yesterday..... The van is second hand, 2 years old but has only been used a few times and is pristine (well, make that WAS now that the beasts and I have been in and out of it).

Oooh what was the atmosphere like at Naseby Owl? A few years back Ruby and I visited the site of Culloden and it was a bit weird. We had the boys with us and they were not happy so we didn't stop long.

I'm glad you liked your new 'van Buddyboy. Sounds like you got yourself a bargain.

Norty Charlie. Have you tried giving him a treat of some sort to put him on until his breakfast Jayne so that way you can go back to sleep?

Hope the drive to Lytham is a good one Alex :)

Fantastic news Loobie. Don't forget we will expect lots of photos!

I hope you manage to get the scooter out of the back gate so you can enjoy your trip to Gt. Yarmouth Jazz.

The weather is pretty lousy here - it's raining again.

Hav fun Loobie

Snow, well done and sounds like it arrived at the right time!

Yantan, no you are not geeky tracking the driver, i got very excited knowing roy was coming to deliver from ocado in his strawberry van Lol

Jazz, have fun at great yarmouth

Gooster, that has flown by, seems like yesterday it was months away

Merledogs, safe trip today

Owl, you and wispa so have some adventures

I got summoned to the doctors today, i had a sore throat and have to have a blood test when i get a sore throat.... i had yet another sleepless night worrying to go and see my usual gp who said for me the results were average, one of the other gp's had looked at them and freaked out, so a wasted trip all round. Haven't seen my bus driver for nearly a week now and i am getting fed up, i don't do being patient... hopefully he will be back on next week.

Well done that cousin!

Funny you should say that about Culloden. Wispa was a bit on edge and kicked off at a tourist at the monument just because I found the sunglasses he had dropped. I don't know if she thought he was a mugger because he came towards us with his hand out to take them. I asked him to stop right there while I left them on a wall for him to pick up and stay clear of the dog. Luckily he was understanding and realised she was trying to protect me from a stranger. But she wasn't herself at all.

Then we went on to the obelisk which was put up in the early 1800s in memory of all those who fell, and as a warning to future kings not to exceed their rights and to the population not to rebel. I suppose people 150 years later would be very conscious of what happened as they would still be finding things they did not wish to see while ploughing and digging. I left Wispa in the car at the obelisk and walked round it by myself, and it was most unnerving. When I walked round the back of it, I felt as if someone had sloshed a jug of ice water down the back of my shirt. Sent a friendly thought to the spirits of all the people and horses who lost their lives on that day, and got back into the car without delay. The battlefield was a solemn place but the obelisk was somewhere you wouldn't want to sit and have a picnic.

Made a change from the council tip though. I have lost count of how many we have visited while tracking.

• Like 1

Owl - that was very interesting about your experience at Naseby. There was a really funny silence at Culloden despite there being at least a couple of dozen people wandering round the field. There were no birds or bird song despite there being a number of trees around and and we found out later that they are very seldom seen or heard there. At a couple of places Archie and George raised their hackles and growled and both of them kept pulling to be away which is why we took them back to the car. Ruby sat in with them whilst I went back for another quick look around. I came across a woman standing crying which threw me a bit. As I had to walk past her I decided to ask if she was OK and she told me she suddenly got this overwhelming feeling of sadness followed by the urge to cry. She said she'd never experienced anything like it and wasn't the sort to just burst into tears like she had.

Griff that's excellent news about your cousin, well done her :)

I have chopped up some green, red and yellow peppers and red onions and put them in a roasting dish with some mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and chunks of fresh pineapple. They have all been drizzled in olive oil and balsamic vinegar ready to roast in the oven. I will cook some diced marinated chicken breasts to serve with them for our tea. Om, nom, nom, nom.

That is very interesting Owl. I don't know the place but am interested to know more based on the little history you have then!

My project manager *shock horror* is a git! I'd hoped he was goin to be fab and I could learn from him...no such luck! He's a problem finder, everything is a problem rather than a lively solution finder!! The project is vaguely interesting though and luckily there are some great guys on the project too! I think as the only female he may see me as an easy touch!

Yantan that sounds very yummy! Can I have mid without the chicken please?

Well done griff's cousin! And glad the results are ok xxx

well done with the As x

oi! how do you stalk the driver? I cant see itttttt

we had a nice day thank you. the scooter went well

my man didnt turn up to do the shed! im not happy!

also not happy that the dogs got the bin out and dragged the rubbish all over the flat. im not saying who knocked it over, but her tiny bowl was behind it!

Well done Griff's cousin :)

Am just not sure what to do with Charlie - am tempted to have him in my room tonight to see if he settles any better :unsure:

Hope your shed man appears soon Jazz :flowers:

Hope your project manager's attitude improves Murtle :flowers:

Just looking back to how I have changed over the last 12 months - we went to Hartpury horse trials at the weekend, and I was looking at photos from this year compared to last year :)

Last year

null-62.jpg

This year

null-63.jpg

null-61.jpg

• Like 1