UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Whizzie my aunt turned 80 recently and also had a Chinese meal to celebrate. Many happy returns to your dad.

Cheesus it was windy here last night as well. I thought the roof was going to come off at one point. It was also lashing it down.

Hope all goes well today Jazz!

Whizzie..as has been shown by the mixed emotions regarding Margaret Thatcher, politics, religion and many other things bring out differing opinions, and having to "take sides" can cause friction amongst people who were previously friends. :unsure: I think you are very wise to keep quiet, as although you definitely feel you are in the right camp, I know there are people who do post in here and are equally sure their opinions (opposite to yours) are right. This board has so far mostly managed to avoid the strains and arguments that have caused so much trouble on other ones, so I think...although it's not really my business as I'm not an admin or anything...that discussions should be kept to pm's and not put into the public domain. Anyone who disagrees, feel free to shoot me down! :D I hope your dad enjoyed his meal and the chair and footstool help to keep him comfortable.

Lordy it's windy out there! I went out to collect my recycling bin and literally nearly was blown off my feet.

Whizzie..as has been shown by the mixed emotions regarding Margaret Thatcher, politics, religion and many other things bring out differing opinions, and having to "take sides" can cause friction amongst people who were previously friends. :unsure: I think you are very wise to keep quiet, as although you definitely feel you are in the right camp, I know there are people who do post in here and are equally sure their opinions (opposite to yours) are right. This board has so far mostly managed to avoid the strains and arguments that have caused so much trouble on other ones, so I think...although it's not really my business as I'm not an admin or anything...that discussions should be kept to pm's and not put into the public domain. Anyone who disagrees, feel free to shoot me down! :D

You have hit the nail on the head, suzeanna. I agree and I expect others will too.

Edited by owl

At least you did remember to put on a top of some kind.

Ha ha ha, that has made me laugh lots, thank you Owl, and is very true. That would have been a scary sight for me and others!

Apologies for being pants - Griff what was the site you bought those mats from? If they or similar are still available - now I have room (as everything is shoved in storage) I can see the dirty kitty paw prints over the floor!

Apologies for being pants - Griff what was the site you bought those mats from? If they or similar are still available - now I have room (as everything is shoved in storage) I can see the dirty kitty paw prints over the floor!

I'm obviously not Griff but I did bookmark the site when she gave the link so here you go:

http://www.splendidpets.co.uk/Large-Dirt-Trapper-Dog-Floor-Mats?zenid=iqmb9itsv79qve3q984puffsm7

• Like 1

Hope all goes well today Jazz!

Whizzie..as has been shown by the mixed emotions regarding Margaret Thatcher, politics, religion and many other things bring out differing opinions, and having to "take sides" can cause friction amongst people who were previously friends. :unsure: I think you are very wise to keep quiet, as although you definitely feel you are in the right camp, I know there are people who do post in here and are equally sure their opinions (opposite to yours) are right. This board has so far mostly managed to avoid the strains and arguments that have caused so much trouble on other ones, so I think...although it's not really my business as I'm not an admin or anything...that discussions should be kept to pm's and not put into the public domain. Anyone who disagrees, feel free to shoot me down! :D I hope your dad enjoyed his meal and the chair and footstool help to keep him comfortable.

Lordy it's windy out there! I went out to collect my recycling bin and literally nearly was blown off my feet.

Speaking as an admin I think that about sums up how I feel about it, obviously I know whats been going on and said on facebook and elsewhere and truth be told I am very glad it hasn't come up here, I'm rather enjoying a quiet forum life lol Whizzie I respect that you have strong feelings about the subject but as Suzzana has rightly pointed out there are others here with equally strong but opposing feelings to yours, I think its great that all sides still have a friendly place to come and chat and get away from it all, we all need that at times and it may be that it can help prevent friends from falling out which would be such a shame. Obviously if things change then we may need to have a frank discussion but for now I think you've made a wise decision and I truly hope you can still enjoy posting here and being part of the "family".

• Like 1

I was going to put some washing out, but I've just noticed that my whirlygig clothes line is leaning at a rather drunken angle! Don't know if something's broken or the wind has just pushed it. I'll have to wait for OH to come home and have a look, my painting the other day has not done my hands a lot of good and I won't be able to sort it out. A few people have walked past our house and done a double take at the door...everyone else has upvc doors, mainly just white...we are only ones on the street with a wooden door and a purple one at that!