UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

I think I would have done the same as your daughter Suzeanna :laugh:

Glad Dylan is feeling better :flowers:

I know what you mean Marion. On Saturday I was booking an appointment for a patient, she wanted it for Friday, so I went onto the computer and noticed it said that Friday was the 19th April. I was convinced it was wrong :laugh: Not complaining too much though, as the horses go out to live in the field on 12th May, so the sooner that arrives, the better as I will have more time for riding etc :)

This charging people on benefits for having an extra room is beyond a joke. The government should try doing something about all the empty holiday houses that there are here and in other tourist areas. If people can afford two homes they can afford extra billing. The house next door but one from me has 4 bedrooms and the owners use it only 4 or 5 times a year - the rest of the time it just stands empty. They bought it as an investment they have told other neighbours. Great - so rent it out to some locals then who can't afford to buy here and treat yourselves to a nice hotel break with some of the rental income. It makes my blood boil. Grrrrr

Merledogs... i agree, just think another 4 days of work and it is the weekend, mondays are crap though :-(

Snow, good luck at work and good luck with your new phone!

Suzeanna, i would have legged it to the sun like your daughter, hope she has a great time and thrilled to hear dylan is feeling a bit better... you have been busy this morning!

Jazz, hope your MP sticks a rocket up the councils a*se

Yantan, totally agree that the year is flying by and the people who leave the house empty are lucky that they haven't had squaters or had the copper piping nicked!

the sun has actually appeared for a while so what am i doing?? trying desperately to sort my bedroom out... too much stuff, i am being good and putting some out for charity and chucking some other stuff out

I have just been shopping :ninja: I have bought 3 spotty dresses for work (although am going to have to test them at my more laid back practice first of all, as I am paranoid they are all too short :laugh: ). I have also bought a cropped t shirt and 2 ickle pairs of shorts - first summer of being skinny, might as well show off all my hard work :laugh:

I agree charging people for an extra room isn't fair in a lot of cases...especially disabled people...but I must admit I had to laugh at someone on the radio saying it wasn't fair that benefits would be capped at £500 a week. My OH works full time and he doesn't bring home anything like that, he'd be delighted if he did.oops...hit post before I meant to! I know it's just us two and the dogs, but even so...the folk complaining they don't have enough money to pay for their three, four or more kids should have thought about that before they had them. Sorry...rant over.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 3

One wake up closer to the weekend.

How are you feeling about your job now Alex? xx

It's ok but really wearing. The aspects I least liked about my last job make up 85% of this one unfortunately. The people I work with are nice for the most part so I will just have to stick at it.

It's ok but really wearing. The aspects I least liked about my last job make up 85% of this one unfortunately. The people I work with are nice for the most part so I will just have to stick at it.

Sorry to hear that, is it too soon to put your cv together again or browse job sites?

Suzeanna I wish your daughter had taken me!!

Hope you get some answers Jazz, very wearing.

Gooster I bet you will look fab, and just to check can we have piccies please!

Love and hugs to anyone I have forgotten or not mentioned, you haven't really been forgotten! x

• Like 1

Will brave piccies tomorrow :)

Mum said something tonight that kind of annoyed me. We were chatting about me finding a bloke, and she said that she could see me with someone like Tyrone from Corrie. Now I am sure he is a nice guy, but with all the effort I put in to keep fit and healthy now, I want someone who doesn't think exercise is walking to the fridge for their next beer! When I said that to mum, she snapped back that I have only been going to the gym for 5 minutes, and I have no right to say I want someone who looks after themselves :angry: She then added that she thinks that any bloke with a 6 pack is an arse anyway :angry: :rolleyes: She really does annoy me sometimes.

Will brave piccies tomorrow :)

Mum said something tonight that kind of annoyed me. We were chatting about me finding a bloke, and she said that she could see me with someone like Tyrone from Corrie. Now I am sure he is a nice guy, but with all the effort I put in to keep fit and healthy now, I want someone who doesn't think exercise is walking to the fridge for their next beer! When I said that to mum, she snapped back that I have only been going to the gym for 5 minutes, and I have no right to say I want someone who looks after themselves :angry: She then added that she thinks that any bloke with a 6 pack is an arse anyway :angry: :rolleyes: She really does annoy me sometimes.

I have no idea who Tyrone is as I never watch soaps , could your mum have been taking about other traits rather than physical / fitness ? is Tyrone a family man or a kind / decent bloke etc ?

I know I am a born again fitness squirrel ( as is Mark ) but I sort of get what your mum might have been trying to say about the 6 pack bit ( remember I am a mum too ) my daughter has found that some of the very very aesthetically pleasing chaps she has known have been rather lacking in the "nice human being" department as they were rather trading on the 6 pack to get by !!!

The right person is the right person , 6 pack or no 6 pack :heart:

• Like 2

morrrrrnin

my fault this morning that we were up at 6.30. went into silly thoughts mode, so that was it.

washings on the line, had a few coffees and the dogs are fed. they enjoyed my stew from last night

I pray the stairlift people ring to come today, or they will be getting a call

Thanks Sam - the reason it came up was because one of my friends OH's brother is single, and she was saying that I'd probably get on well with him. He plays rugby and is really fit (and has a 6 pack). I am not really bothered about them having a 6 pack, just want them to be fit and healthy, and not be the kind of guy who lazes around on the sofa all evening. I am quite an active person, with having Blue and going to the gym etc, so I need to find someone who understands my need to be busy and active :unsure: I get really bored unless I am going out and doing something :laugh:

Ted is at the vets this morning for his steroid checkup - am trying to decide whether to ask for a referral for an MRI scan to find out exactly what is going on with him :unsure:

Dyl went for his check up yesterday...the vet thinks there is a little infection at the site of one extraction, so he's having antibiotics. Doesn't seem to stop him eating though! I'm freezing, there is a really cold wind and I've got to leave the front door open as I've just painted it (purple.) I'm starting to match it!