UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

How did I lose an entire day? Just read back and realised I didn't post anything yesterday then spent ages trying to remember what I did yesterday and came up blank probably because I actually did naff all LOL

Sam sorry I didn't see your post about the rugby, actually I watch rugby Union mostly though I will occasionally watch a league game if its a "biggie" or if theres no union on and Robs getting his fix by watching the southern hemisphere stuff - I have a feeling he watched your game and I "might" have caught a couple of mins of it whilst passing through the lounge. Oh I did do something yesterday I watched the first Heineken cup semi final and t'other ones today - Go Saracens! lol

Good luck on the house hunt / purchase. Property bee is interesting to see more information on houses for sale, e.g. Price changes that have been made etc.

2 hours till i drive down to gatwick to pick Ben up. I am so excited that he is on his way home. He has been home for two days (3 nights) since before Easter when he went to stay with his Mum after his Dad died. i am used to him being away for trips and things but I really miss him t the moment! xxx

Thanks all its quite exciting but scary at the moment. Its the first of the houses where Ive actually come home and reviewed my finances as to if I could afford which means I must really like it. Apparently its had quite a bit of interest and the guy who went in after us def looked like a landlord to me.

How exciting Amy! I only viewed 3 houses when I bought mine. I knew straight away when I saw it on rightmove that it was the one! Sounds corny but you do just know when you walk into a house if it is for you :)

Just taken the dogs to hydro, it was Charlie's first session back after his vestibular attack. He was really excited whilst Shara was swimming and trying to jump in after the toys, but as soon as it got to his turn, he ignored all the toys and swam around looking pathetic :laugh: :rolleyes:

dead easy Merledogs, it is literally just a case of flicking a switch. just wear safety goggles and old clothes and keep feet out of the way in case you slip

if you have a google and search for using an angle grinder to cut metal you should find plenty of info and you will ensure you have the right grade disc for the job

oooooooo hoe exciting Lil Angel, i hope you get the house......... editted.... just saw your post, sorry to hear it is sold...hopefully something better will come along or maybe the sale will fall through and you can go in with a cheeky offer

Jazz, hope something positive comes of the meeting on tuesday

Murtle, i bet you are dead excited about Ben coming home..... enjoy your time together

nothing much to report here except we have had sunshine!

Edited by griff

I heard that a bungalow on an estate I want is empty, so I made the mistake of going round there

I want it, its mine, its everything I want. I only saw the outside, but can see the council have done the double glazing, so it could have the new kitchen. i saw its got a patio and some lovely colourful small trees in the garden

You know im going to be really upset when I dont get it, but I can dream lol

you had all, each and every one of you, be on your knees praying all tuesday. Sam, if you could get the monks joining in please

Im not kidding!

Jazz, contact the council and tell them you know this bungalow is empty and if it hasn't been allocated already can they give it to you, i know here when people have trouble getting a place allocated to them if you make it known that you know where is vacant they seem more helpful, outline to them the reasons why it is suitable for your needs and explain that the chances of needing adaptations are going to be minimal... instead of stair lifts needing adding handrails etc the most you will likely need is a bathroom adaptation so you will be saving them money by accepting that bungalow

A friend of my OH's is now, in his early forties, financially secure enough to buy a house. He started looking about six weeks ago, saw two houses he liked, put an offer on the one he liked best and he's got it! He is a first time buyer with a good deposit and mortgage in place, and there was no chain on the house to yes, house buying can be a nightmare (having had experience of it myself when a chain collapsed) but if you are a first time buyer and there isn't a chain, it should be straight forward. Good luck! also good luck to you Jazz, I hope you get the bungalow. Make a blooming nuisance of yourself to the housing lot, they'll give it to you just to shut you up and get rid of you.

It's raining and grey here...hope the weekend will be ok as we're going down to Sussex to see my son and his family.

oh, ive made a nusence of myself lol

its in the hands of the head of housing now. they are having a meeting about me tomorrow

im having an inspection tomorrow

and the mans just rung from the insurance company about the stairlift. hes on his way. this should be fun lol