UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

awww poor Bruno, i hope he will be o.k, both of mine have been really whingy for 24 hours after surgery, if he is not settling you can always ask for some other painkillers to alongside the ones he has.... my 2 tend to have tramadol alongside whatever they are on.

i was thinking of owl yesterday.... i hope she is o.k

HLGS Have fun at the sri lankan high commission!!!

Yantan, how lovely of your mechanic

Suzeanna, hope you can get out for dog food

i had to go to the vets to fetch some more medication and i nearly exploded when i was in there.... there was a bloke with a GSD, he was telling all and sundry he had bought her in to have her "aborted" which was going to cost him money because she had been a bad girl and got in with one of his males... they are guard dogs and he's been breeding for 30 years, he just kept going on about how she was a bad girl and costing him money and poking her on the forehead, i bit my tongue but turned my back and was shaking my head, i did think about telling him what i thought but you can't educate stupid can you? the receptionist got called away and i just walked out.... i was on the point of exploding so i have just rung up to apologize for being rude and leaving.

Griff you did well to hold your tongue with that stupid man. Dogs deserve much better owners than that. Sometime I wonder if we really are in the 21st century when you hear how some people go on and how they hang on to out-dated thoughts and ways of operating.

Glad your OK Owl. Don't feel pressured into catching up before you are ready, it's just good to know you are about.

it was a very close thing Yantan, he was saying that the dog she got in with was a white GSD and he didn't want her to have pups to him as he hadn't got a very good temperament! why the feck isn't the dog neutered then?? it would save any further issues between those 2 particular dogs, he was also going on about how she was a "proper" GSD and saying you see that crown there that means she is a proper GSD... i had my back to him and couldn't see what he was pointing at but i just thought what a complete N*b he was, thank goodness i was just collecting medication as if i had to sit and listen to that while waiting for my appointment i would have had to go and stand in the cold!

Owl, sorry your life seems to be mad busy at the moment, i will keep my fingers crossed that things slow down for you soon.

we had a light dusting of snow overnight and it is now all gone!!!!! the man from ocado said he had been in banbury this morning and as he got into the hills it was deep with snow so he had to turn round and find another route.

Well done on not punching the idiot griff.

Sorry to hear Bruno isn't happy. Logan had part of his ear amputated last year, and was really miserable with the cone and the anaesthetic / sedation (sedated every 2-3 days for bandage changes). We ended up having to sleep on the sofa with him for about 2 weeks.

Glad to see you're ok owl - I hope things slow down for you soon and you get a chance to catch your breath.

I can't believe how well zooey is doing - he had 6 teeth out, but was still demanding dinner and tucking in last night. It doesn't seem to have phased him at all. I am quite definitely not on his list of favourite people at the moment though - he normally sleeps on my side of the bed, but was rather noticeable in his absence last night. And whenever I move near him he goes shooting under the bed :dry: He'll probably start talking to me again just in time for his post-op check next week.

Warning for Bonmarche David Emmanuel jeans!!! Safety Advice - do NOT wear on dog walks!

First outing in them - a dog walk, no problem as they were lulling me into a false sense of security.

Second outing - to the pub for a meal, no problem.

Third outing - Dog walk no problem but then we stopped for coffee and it was the Hen Rescue, so they got filthy and I got hurt (and my wellies were punctured).

Fourth outing - clean on today - dog walk and I managed to slide gracefully into deep mud at the edge of the river resulting in soaked legs and bum, and on the way home as the car warmed up I smelled worse than 5 wet and muddy dogs.

Moral of the story - by all means take them to change into after a walk when you are meant to be going for a coffee but do NOT wear them while exercising dogs.

• Like 1

Just popping in to give an update on Charlie :) He is a lot less wobbly today, has managed to jump on my bed just now and just seems much happier and with it :) I was speaking to dad tonight and he confessed that he thought we would have lost him this week (and he didn't see him at his worst when he was collapsing in the garden. He just saw him when he was lying on their bedroom floor panting, and then when he got home from the vets on Tuesday!). Am so relieved that he is improving :biggrin:

• Like 3

Good that Charlie is making steps forward.

We were woken up this morning by crashing around and I think Rosie is having a similar episode. She can't stand up without rolling or collapsing, is very stressed and her eyes are flickering. Emergency vets have said to wait for our own vet to open, not sure if that is the right thing to do but it is a shorter car journey.

fantastic news about charlie!!!!!

sorry to hear rosie is having a similar episode and hope she is soon much better

Merledogs... totally agree about the snow, i am bored of it now and am fed up of shouting at laney to stop being a n*b Lol.....love your emoticons

Owl, hope your drifts clear soon

Jazz, is it next week you are going to see your new car???

Snow is pretty, but it is spring and I don't think my flowers have appreciated the snow. My mind has also moved into less wrapping up and more spring wear!

Alex those sum up the snow feelings here :-)

Glad Charlie is improving x

Hello Owl xx