UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Aw nice thought about the BMW Griff. I am going to downsize from my gas guzzling 2.0 litre Volvo estate to a compact car, like a Fiat Panda, Vauxhall Corsa or something of that ilk.

I have duly nicked the photos of t'interweb and posted the lots in the Dogstar auction at the other site :) I did try to post a couple of my own photos that weren't too blurred but cocked up the transfer from the tab to photobucket and ended up just giving myself a headache :rolleyes: Anyway if anyone wants to bag themselves or their kids some pencil bargains don't forget to check the auction out when it opens.

• Like 1

the fella who was going to have the car doesn't want it as it is too big for his wife... dad said he thought that would be the case anyway so it will be coming back home and we will need to have a think what to do with it.

ahhhhhh the de-hairing of cars... such fun Lol, ours wasn't too bad as it has leather interior i was however surprised to find dog hair in the boot???????

Hello Kiri and Jess :)

Best wishes for Zooey today. I'm sending positive thoughts for him.

Archie would like to know if Dylan needs the RSPCA's phone number? He has it on speed dial as apparently I am not forthcoming enough with the Tangly Twizzles or sweet potatoes wrapped in fish skins.

I'm getting the car repaired so I have wheels to enable me to look around for a new (to me) car without having to rush a decision. I may be able to recoup the costs with a trade-in or a private sale. There is no way you can live here and not have a car. With hospital appointments being a 70 mile round trip a taxi would be ridiculously expensive, same for the dentist as it's a 30 mile round trip there. The nearest big supermarket is a 34 mile round trip, although we do do grocery shopping online, it is almost impossible to buy the things needed for daily living in a town were the majority of shops cater to the tourist trade. A lot of people who move here get a rude awakening when it comes to accessing high street shops and other services. Public transport does not cut the mustard. If only Beeching hadn't closed our rail station!

I have taken photos of the pencils - very bad out of focus ones as I only have the camera on my tablet and I have discovered that I cannot hold it steady. Eye roll. I may have to resort to nicking photos off the web.

We live in rural northern Scotland.

We have no street lights, no public transport and live on a single track road.

Nearest village shop/PO IS 7 miles away, nearest doctors' surgery 16 miles away, nearest town with small Tesco , Coop, Lidl , vet and dentist is 17 miles away. Tesco only started delivering to our area a couple of months ago.

But we have a subsidised taxi available to take us to the rail station- 9 miles away, doctors, to neighbouring villages and into town.

It costs £5 each to go into town- picked up at the door, dropped where you want, picked up where and when you want and dropped off at the door.

They have just changed it to a 'dialabus'- same taxi and same conditions but we can now use our free bus pass - senior citizens- for it which makes it an even better bargain.

We do have to book it by 6 pm the day before and journeys are combined so you need to be flexible with times but that is not a problem.

The nearest local hospital is 40 miles away and the the big general one is 100 miles away. I we have to travel more than 30 miles we can claim back any travel costs over £10 , either bus or train fare or mileage for a car.

Thanks for the good thoughts for Zooey. He's had is dental and is now waking up :) He's had 6 teeth out, so I think he's going to be feeling a bit sore for a while. I think I will raid my mum's vast collection of different cat foods that she's using to entice Toby to eat, so that I can give Zooey a special treat - the applaws tinned food looks good enough for humans to eat.

The applaws stuff does loook good doesn't it! I was tempted to try it on more than one occasion. Wishing Zooey a speedy recovery from his dental.

I have trouble with my hands and find holding things difficult. As a result I have to be ultra careful around hot things and drinks as I am liable to just let go. My latest "just let go" episode happened to be my lunch of noodle soup that my neighbour made me. It was very hot and I managed to spill it all over myself and my computer desk. I have to say if they ever bring back It's A Knockout or The Generation Game then try-picking-up-noodles-from-the-carpet-and-all-the-hidey-holes-in-a-desk would make a terrific game.

• Like 1

glad to hear Zooey is doing o.k, and yes the applaws does look fabulous, our dex is very partial to it and really enjoys the chicken breast and pumpkin.

Blackmagic, down here we have an excellent bus service but there is a service available to disabled people/older people (and kids can go with them too) called ring and ride, it only costs them 60p per journey.... i hear quite a few people moaning about having to pay but hearing about how far away from things you and yantan are makes me think i was right in thinking they are being tight whinging gits! they can go to the supermarket, do their shopping , get picked up and have the shopping carried into their house for £1.20 and they think that is too much!

Yantan i have spent my morning retrieving grains of rice from the carpet... diez seems to think it is a great game to walk along leaving a trail of rice behind her... it is not a great game and after the 4th time of doing it i am just going to get the hoover!

Thanks for the good thoughts for Zooey. He's had is dental and is now waking up :) He's had 6 teeth out, so I think he's going to be feeling a bit sore for a while. I think I will raid my mum's vast collection of different cat foods that she's using to entice Toby to eat, so that I can give Zooey a special treat - the applaws tinned food looks good enough for humans to eat.

Hope that Zooey is home soon. Some special food sounds just the right thing for a sore mouth.

I have duly nicked the photos of t'interweb and posted the lots in the Dogstar auction at the other site :) I did try to post a couple of my own photos that weren't too blurred but cocked up the transfer from the tab to photobucket and ended up just giving myself a headache :rolleyes: Anyway if anyone wants to bag themselves or their kids some pencil bargains don't forget to check the auction out when it opens.

Thank you :flowers: that's fabulous!

Just in case you haven't seen the thread on DRW - Dogstar have been given some stamps, so if you would like to have some to help cover your postage costs, just let me know and I'll send some over to you.

Just in case you haven't seen the thread on DRW - Dogstar have been given some stamps, so if you would like to have some to help cover your postage costs, just let me know and I'll send some over to you.

Thank you but I get free stamps for doing surveys so I'm covered :)

Good luck keeping Zooey on the soft food! Bud had a dental and tucked into dried food while the girls ate his soft stuff. Reg had 12 teeth out in one go - and turned his nose up at soft stuff preferring to chomp on a nylabone. Cassie had a dental - yup, you guessed it tho in her case the others did not get a chance at the soft food as she ate it then had some dried.

Alex, has your job changed, or are you still feeling so down about Max that it's affecting the way you see things, do you think? I hope it's just a bad patch and you soon get back to enjoying it.

Just feeling snowed under and doing stuff I havent done before without much support. Sink or swim I suppose but feels more like sink at the mo.

• Like 1

Just feeling snowed under and doing stuff I havent done before without much support. Sink or swim I suppose but feels more like sink at the mo.

I think you are probably swimming more than you realise Alex. You have great capabilities, however, if you feel you are sinking (which is different to actually sinking) shout until your needs are heard. Even just for a little reassurance that all is going along the right path.

I hope you get the feeling of loving it back soon x

• Like 1

Glad Zoey has come through fine

I had someone contact me asking if I could do their book-keeping. I've given them my charges and asked for information. They have provided this and then said they will "make a short list of potential bookkeepers and I believe the directors will want to meet with 2 or 3 before making a final decision"

I'm now thinking erm I ain't going for a job interview, I'm providing a service so I'm not so keen all of a sudden.

• Like 1

I have a film crew here on Tuesday morning to interview me for the awards ceremony thing , its film to be shown on the night of ceremony

I have only ever done one other bit of filming which is here , this was done by 2 very talented film students who gave me about 2 minutes notice they were going to ask me questions and then filmed me before I could run away ( Mark shot out of the clinic like his arse was on fire )

I sent them that hoping it would be enough but sadly not , they are going to use some of it with the new interview

• Like 1

Have just heard from Dad that Charlie is still pretty wobbly. The reason he hasn't given him the special food is because it is tinned food and he thinks it will go straight through him. The fact it is special food for dogs with poorly tummies seems to have gone right over dad's head :rolleyes: