UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Just caught up with the topic on poor Bruno. I hope he is feeling much better now. Sending gentle hugs.

I read up on the practice Joe Inglis works at and thought it was great, apart from the fact they do not do 24 hour coverage. I wish all vet surgeries were this progressive.

I remember the original program when they were all doing their training. I particularly remember Trude vaccinating a dog and the needle coming out the other of the scruffed part of his kneck!

we got more snow overnight too..... you can't see my footprints from last night!!! my lucky parents are off to the sunshine, luckily the airport is still open.

glad some more people turned up to your friends opening Owl and hopefully the car being left on the hill will put others off.... note i say hopefully!

Joe inglis became a partner at the pet vaccination clinic here, i too remember trude in that programme and recall thinking i would never let her within 10 feet of one of my animals Lol.

Drifting snow has caused problems here in Cumbria and a few roads remained blocked, some very close to hand like the road along Thirlmere lake which links us to the south lakes. Here in town however there is little left of the snow and it's actually a beautiful day with sun and blue skies. The forecast however isn't that good.

Owl I can quite believe the stupidity of those people attempting what they shouldn't. Tis the same here with people going around the snow gates and ignoring road closed signs. People are going up fells ill equipped to cope with the snowy conditions. The mindset seems to be "if we get into trouble we'll just call the mountain rescue out on our mobiles" like it is there to serve their whims. I guess panic will set in when they can't get a signal which often happens!

I recall shaking my head at Trude's efforts on the TV programme. I think she ended up being a very competent vet and last I heard she was in partnership with another girl in a flourishing practice but I stand to be corrected on that.

Drifting snow has caused problems here in Cumbria and a few roads remained blocked, some very close to hand like the road along Thirlmere lake which links us to the south lakes. Here in town however there is little left of the snow and it's actually a beautiful day with sun and blue skies. The forecast however isn't that good.

Owl I can quite believe the stupidity of those people attempting what they shouldn't. Tis the same here with people going around the snow gates and ignoring road closed signs. People are going up fells ill equipped to cope with the snowy conditions. The mindset seems to be "if we get into trouble we'll just call the mountain rescue out on our mobiles" like it is there to serve their whims. I guess panic will set in when they can't get a signal which often happens!

I recall shaking my head at Trude's efforts on the TV programme. I think she ended up being a very competent vet and last I heard she was in partnership with another girl in a flourishing practice but I stand to be corrected on that.

There was a follow up programme about the practice.

Although things started out well they didn't work out . If I remember correctly her partner felt she wasn't pulling her weight.

They eventually split when her partner had had enough and Trude became involved in TV work, documentaries etc

She returned to live in Norway with her fiance.

No snow up here in the very chilly far north.

We have had blizzard showers of very fine, frozen drizzle which doesn't lie but is unpleasant to be out in.

A few weeks ago, the birds had stopped eating the fat balls we put out but they are back in force now. It must be hard being a bird in this weather.

Cleo has been intermittently lame on one of her back legs since the beginning of he year. She is on five days of on lead walks and Metacam. She is not impressed ! Hopefully it is just inflammation and not cruciate or hip problems.

When the vet tried to examine her back end she growled at her, which she has never done- she is a soft lump. Afterwards she was quite happy for the vet to handle her so it was obviously hurting her.

I hope Cleo's leg problem isn't anything serious :GroupHug:

No snow here any more, though everywhere is all horrid and wet and muddy from the snow that fell yesterday and melted. I was up early to watch the Malaysian grand prix, and now have no plans for the rest of the day other than a trip to tesco at some point to get some food :)