UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Glad it went ok Snow :)

Hello JessandCos :wavey:

My dogs are keeping my mum amused today. Kia jumped on the kitchen counter and ate 5 muffins :ohmy: Then, not 10 minutes later, she jumped up and ate the cat food :mad: Logan is having to wear his hat to try and protect his ear as it isn't healing, so he's alternating between sulking and looking miserable, and rubbing against any object he finds in an attempt to get the hat off :confused02: I think I'd better stop in and get some chocolates to bring mum for putting up with them!

But what on earth DID possess me to tell the panel right at the end that I was all ditzy and perimenopausal? FFS!!! LOL

I used to do a lot of interviewing and I can guarantee you they will remember you when they scoring and thats not a bad thing , nothing worse than sitting down with rest of the panel post interview and trying to score a candidate that no one can remember !

just thought I would pop by and say hi - not been here in a while. News from me is my son is now living in Austrailia after graduating from Exeter Uni in June, my daughter is hopefully going to UEA in Norwich in September. I am now a qualified bodyguard and first responder - I did both courses in January, and it has opened a world of opportunities being female. I am also looking to move to the Cotswold area after September with my two dogs and fingers crossed my partner - dependent on her job/work front.

So far 2013 has been hard dealing with the fact my kids have grown up and moving away from home. I seem to have come out the other side and things are looking rosier and more challenges ahead

How lovely to hear from you , fingers crossed for your your move :)

I have had a bit of a strange day today after a colleague directed me to a news article. A few years back my manager was killed by her husband. What challenged my thoughts today was reading that he was released after just 4.5 years. Thinking lots of positive thoughts but still shocked by the shortness of time served.

:GroupHug:

Starting to dread going into work lately. Let's just say the honeymoon period is over.

sorry to hear that , I think with all jobs the shine wears off but its not nice if you are dreading going in

My last contract was so dire I wanted to leave after the first morning , I managed 4 months but it was awful and I hated getting up every day to travel in

love to all xxxxxx

if you only go to the hospital etc, is it worth having a car? do online shopping and taxis to the places would be cheaper than running a car.

I think it could reach a point where not having a car is cheaper and less hassle , maybe write down all the journey you make for a few weeks/ months and work out what its costing you per trip

• Like 1

Congratulations Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is charlie doing Gooster?

Yantan, i agree about the car, you need to weigh up the cost of repairs this time round, how reliable the car has been, if there is anything the mechanic can see is likely to fail soon also how long you have owned the car (you will know it has been taken good care of if you have had it from newish).

Merledogs, sorry the shine has come off your job, hopefully it is just a blip?

ooooooooo how exciting Lil Angel... a new polo shirt and a bracelet...fabby!

Murlte, sorry to hear that your managers husband has been released already, when my uncle was in prison the time before this there were several prisoners in for murder and they got 9 years so going on serving half your sentence the release if they behave is generally 4.5 years... a bit of a joke really! my mums friend was killed by her abusive ex husband... it was murder, he got the charge down to manslaughter....18 months served!

had to call the vet this afternoon, diez is bleeding quite heavily... i've to put her on rice and chicken and thats it

hope shes ok xx

yeaaa snow!

got a call from the adaptions people, doing my car thats here from next week, to say there isnt the adaption I need. so, been ringing round about other cars. Rung them back late today to say what ive been doing. she said she has spoken to ther manager who is going to especially make the adaption to fit for the same price. isnt that nice? phew. but ... got to go to welyn garden city next thursday to sort it out. but, ill get to see my new car

• Like 1

Glad you have got your car sorted Jazz :flowers:

Charlie was still wobbly when I left this morning - he is having bloody diarhea (can't spell that word :laugh: ) and has been sent home with some special food. Dad fed him last night and this morning, and even though the tins were left on the kitchen top for him to see, he just gave him his normal kibble :rolleyes: He usually has to eat out of a go slow bowl, but he can't figure that out at the moment, so he has been promoted to a normal bowl :wub: Am staying at my house tonight as I have an early start tomorrow as am working in Buxton, so won't see him now until Friday. Am hoping he will be less wobbly as the days go on.

Hope Diez is feeling better soon - have they given her any antibiotics for her tummy?

Oooooo that is nice of him Jazz, we have an excellent adaptions place up here, one of the lads i was at college with used to work there... we all trailed in for a nosy in case any of our customers cars came in with adaptions.

Gooster, no diez hasn't been given antibiotics, i was warned to expect some bleeding as she has had biopsies taken but it was really really bad tonight.

Lol, your dad sounds exactly like my dad, something could have a neon sign above it and he will say he didn't notice Lol, hope charlies tum settles down soon