UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Moaning :)

Had a lovely sleep from 9.45 pm to 6.15 am.

Sam - why don't you do what I did and put them on ebay on a two day auction with a very low buy it now price and specify when it needs to be collected by, then if it isnt collected by that day give it to charity. Just thinking that would be a good way to earn some pennies for Dogstar.

Forgot to say re the wax tarts, you can also experiment in mixing them together which is fun.

• Like 1

Update on Kinky's achilles - almost completely healed now. She walks/runs normally on it most of the time now. So glad I didn't put her through the op. One good thing is that if I let her out the back she doesn't jump out of the garden and is quite happy pootling out there. If I let her out the front then she does go to visit the neighbours but I dont think they let her in and if I go to get her in I only have to call and she comes running to me :wub:

• Like 1

Poor Charlie. How worrying for you Jayne but I'm glad to hear that the vet thinks its treatable.

I've been using Yankee Candles wax tarts for years now Alex and have several burners. I used to get really good deals from Yankeedoodle.co.uk but since it changed hands the service hasn't been anywhere as good - nor the prices.

I woke up to find a covering of snow on everything! :) It's melting fast though :(

Thanks guys. It was so scary - Ted woke me up at 7.30 by batting me in the face with his paw, so I took him downstairs for a wee. Then I heard Charlie crying upstairs, so thought my bedroom door was closed and he was trapped. So I went upstairs and he was all tangled in my duvet and his head was tilted to the left. I helped him off my bed and his legs collapsed from under him. I got him downstairs and outside and he just kept falling over and staggering everywhere. I then carried him back upstairs for a cuddle whilst I googled what to do. Then I thought I can't waste any time and went and woke mum up, who woke up the fastest she has ever done in her life. We rang the emergency vets and then took him straight away. Within an hour of Ted batting me in the face, we had got Charlie to the vets and were home. He just looked so scared :(

Oh Jayne, i hope Charlie will be o.k, how very very scary

glad Kinky cat is mended and enjoys life at her proper home

had a crap night, the little sh*t next door had a sleep over, they eventually shut up at around 2am so i decided to do some hoovering early this morning and i fear i may have woken them up Lol, they knew we could hear them as i banged on the wall let the stupid c*w of a mother just let it carry on, she has no control over him at all.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that Kinky is making progress

:mecry: I think Charlie has had a bit of a stroke in the night :mecry: He is very wobbly and is carrying his head to one side :mecry:

Good thoughts for Charlie, hope the vet can get him feeling better soon.

I could do that :) that would be amazing thank you :flowers:

I'll PM you my address.

I am popping out to Bobtails this morning to pick up some paperwork. As well as being able to have a look at whatever new rabbits they have for rehoming (I'll try not to be tempted), they have a new puppy for me to meet :)

Bud (in the picture) had vestibular syndrome, scary for both of us but he recovered quickly (he was in his teens).

I know they do "slow down" dishes for dogs but I do wish they would do "speed up" ones! China has been poorly this week so this morning after doing the tablets-down-the-throat for the pink ones I thought I would be nice to her and put the heart tablet in her food. Nibble nibble, 100 chews per piece of small bite mixer, clearing up any crumb that had come out of the dish before going back to the dish, I had to stand guard for ages in the end as the others were in a circle waiting for her to move away from the dish by 3 inches to signify she had finished. If I put her in a different room she just stands at the kitchen door and ignores her food because she wants to be in with them to eat.