UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Murtle, have you tried cocoa with a comfy collar? (think thats what they are called) the inflatable donut collars.... we have one here for the dogs to save us being smashed to pieces by the buster collars!

Jazz, your dogs obviously have good taste by annoying the housing lady Lol, i hope you manage to get something sorted out...must be very frustrating

Gooster..... hope you are now feeling much better

HLGS ..... yes we want piccies!!!!

Whizzie, glad that the lawnmower has turned up...eventually

Apologies to anyone i have missed

rant coming up...... i can't believe what bad manners some people can have, my dad has just got another car and offered to give his old car to a "friend" who is carless, jobless and dad thought it would be nice for him to have the car, dad offered him the car on sunday..... the fella was chuffed to bits and dad asked him to sort out insurance quote .... today is thursday and i have been chasing him for days. eventually got hold of him this morning where upon he announces that he doesn't want the car.... that is fine, he reckons the insurance was £3000...we have checked it was £900... now i don't have a problem with the fact that he doesn't want the car, the fact he has obviously lied about checking insurance and then not even bothered telling us he didn't want the car i do have a problem with, the insurance is up on saturday and it needs a valet as i think i may have a buyer so basically due to his rudeness i have about 24 hours to get things sorted. if somebody had offered me a BMW for free i would have fallen over myself to check things out and then promptly inform them that unfortunately the insurance was too much for me, i am proper annoyed!!!

• Like 1

Murtle, have you tried cocoa with a comfy collar? (think thats what they are called) the inflatable donut collars.... we have one here for the dogs to save us being smashed to pieces by the buster collars!

Jazz, your dogs obviously have good taste by annoying the housing lady Lol, i hope you manage to get something sorted out...must be very frustrating

Gooster..... hope you are now feeling much better

HLGS ..... yes we want piccies!!!!

Whizzie, glad that the lawnmower has turned up...eventually

Apologies to anyone i have missed

rant coming up...... i can't believe what bad manners some people can have, my dad has just got another car and offered to give his old car to a "friend" who is carless, jobless and dad thought it would be nice for him to have the car, dad offered him the car on sunday..... the fella was chuffed to bits and dad asked him to sort out insurance quote .... today is thursday and i have been chasing him for days. eventually got hold of him this morning where upon he announces that he doesn't want the car.... that is fine, he reckons the insurance was £3000...we have checked it was £900... now i don't have a problem with the fact that he doesn't want the car, the fact he has obviously lied about checking insurance and then not even bothered telling us he didn't want the car i do have a problem with, the insurance is up on saturday and it needs a valet as i think i may have a buyer so basically due to his rudeness i have about 24 hours to get things sorted. if somebody had offered me a BMW for free i would have fallen over myself to check things out and then promptly inform them that unfortunately the insurance was too much for me, i am proper annoyed!!!

How rude!

glad to hear things have slowed down Gooster!!!! lets hope things are settling down then.

thanks.... my dad couldn't see the problem!! it was me who had to make the offer for the new car, me and my mum who had to sort out temp insurance and then sort out getting the money out of the bank and then sort out his train tickets and write an idiot guide to how to get to the sellers house, now i am left to sort out the car to ensure it is in a reasonable state as left to him it will join the other car sat on the drive rotting!

Lost all my replies :(

Alex yes Oldies Club are listed on Ebay :flowers:

Jayne hope you're feeling better soon

Sam hope packing up is going well.

Umm today is going really slowly. Wish it was Friday!!

If anyone has an Oldie and loves showing off photos of them please enter Woof Factor. Its one of our biggest fundraisers of the year to help our vet bills fund. http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=80512

Edited by lil_angel

murtle, this is what you need

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/veterinary-supplies-pet-medicals-c-141_438/comfy-collar-an-alternative-to-elizabethan-collar-p-2535

wishing the day would hurry up for you Lil Angel....it is friday tomorrow though!!!

just had a nice walk, love it when we are on our own! diez was off like a rocket today.... dreading monday, she is having an endoscopy to see why she is passing blood, it isn't a lot but it has been going on for a while on and off now so would like to see if she has a polyp in her bowel (hopefully nothing worse) or an ulcer or something

Hope Diez is ok :flowers:

On my way back from speed dating. First one I have been to that I stayed sober at :laugh: There were some right weirdos, one in particular called Eddie :laugh: There were some nice guys there, but scarily I didn't get on as well with them as Mr G or even Mr Grumpy :unsure: :laugh: It was lovely to see my friend Laurie again, not seen her since I left my previous job in May. Definitely going to see her more often now though :)

Glad you had fun at the speed dating Jayne.

Today will mostly be spent trying to stay awake - the doctor has doubled one of my migraine meds and it is making me rather snoozy. Interspersed with that will be an attempt to get some work done! I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. May go to a local agility show on sunday if it stays dry, otherwise I have some coursework to get done and no other plans :)

Somebody sent Ruby a missive from Paris on the 31st Jan. The sender addressed it correctly but forgot to add UK or England after the county and post code. It arrived today having been on a trip to Barbados! It's taken ages to travel back but good on the postal workers there for identifying that Cumbria is in the UK and for the re-direction :) However I can't help but wonder what part of our address lead the French post office to believe we were in Barbados :confused:

Glad you had fun at the speed dating Jayne.

Today will mostly be spent trying to stay awake - the doctor has doubled one of my migraine meds and it is making me rather snoozy. Interspersed with that will be an attempt to get some work done! I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. May go to a local agility show on sunday if it stays dry, otherwise I have some coursework to get done and no other plans :)

Sophie, no idea if this help or if you've even tried it but have you thought of bowen therapy. I've suffered migraines for ages , almost daily and been in hospital for severe one. Recently a friend tried Bowen on me and said there was a problem with my neck. Until she made me go through various neck movements i'd never realised how limited or painful my neck was, shes done 3 sessions and the migraines have eased dramatically so they were obviously liked in with my neck. Dont get me wrong its not a complete cure but instead of being dosed up daily with painkillers i only need them once or twice a fortnight. The relief is wonderful!