UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Morning. Another cracking one today weather wise:)

Owl it's good to hear your mum is better but I hope her feistiness with you settles down.

My aunt is forever losing her dog's lead and then ends up calling in at her friend's farm on the way back from a walk for a bit of baler twine. It was her 80th birthday recently and our almost 93 year old friend quipped that she had thought of buying her half a dozen leads as a present. Anyway Ruby and I placed an order at Sports.com over the weekend and I noticed they had some cheapie leads going at 50p a pop so ordered 2 for her. I doubt they will get the chance to wear out or break before she loses them so if they suit the purpose I'll get her some more so she is sure to have a ready supply. They arrived yesterday and don't look bad for 50p! I'll drop them off with her today.

Glad your mum is feeling better Owl :)

Had my hair done today - it was a different stylist, so I was a bit worried that she wouldn't get it right. Needn't have worried though, she was fab. And she has horses, a mini schnauzer and a land rover defender :biggrin: We had lots to talk about :)

Just got to my house to inspect Hugo sofa now he is in situ. He is missing the scatter cushions :angry: Have phoned csl and the lady said they would get them ordered up for me and it would take 8-12 weeks! Just for 2 cushions! The whole suite only took 4 weeks from ordering it to delivery :rolleyes: :laugh:

Evening.

RMRant: Feck up with time wasters on eBay. No word from the sofa buyers. I emailed and said if they didn't want it could they at least tell me so I can relist. They are now 'supposedly' coming to pick the sofa up tomorrow at 5.

Bought a chest of drawers off someone in London. They sent me an email re did I know the item was for collection (well duh, I thought you were going to post it to me :rolleyes:). Just awaiting response from them re when they would be available so I can arrange a courier to collect. Feck knows where it's going to go cos I need to get rid of the other wood furniture in my living room first (not to mention the additional sofa). I'm such a muppet :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

ive chosen the polo. lovely to drive, very pleased. motability will pay for half the adaptions, so thats good

ive been told that a bedroom under 70 square feet is a box room, so cant be charged as a bedroom. hope thats true as mine is 8 foot by 8 foot 4,so thats under, yes?

Dogstar have been invited to this event but Mark and I are in Sri Lanka

Saturday, 6th July 2013 marks the sixth anniversary of the Challenge. Since 2008 small charities and their supporters have travelled from across the UK to run, walk or even stilt walk the 10km or 4km route through the beautiful Peak District. It is free for any eligible organisation to attend. This means that they can keep all funds raised by those taking part for them.

In 2012, 220 runners and walkers descended on the Peak District for the FSI Challenge and followed the shorter or longer route around the Monsal Trail before crossing the finishing line on the lawn of Thornbridge Hall. Despite the weather there was a great atmosphere throughout the day topped by a BBQ in the camping headquarters!

This year, as well as offering 250 free places for you to fill with fundraisers for your small charity, we are also offering the opportunity for you to:

• Host a stall;
• Camp on the grounds;
• Join in with the Saturday evening BBQ;
• Stay until Sunday where you can attend the Thornbridge Hall Garden Party for free.

Whether you come for the day or stay the weekend, it’s a great summer event and an enjoyable way to fundraise for your organisation.

we can get free places for runners in a 4 and 10 k and also run a stall , maybe a few fugees could do it together ?

http://www.smallcharitychallenge.org/#all

long shot but does anyone here want to do the run or the stall ? maybe a few fugees could do it together ?

If anyone is interested let me know

Sam

Good evening. Sorry I haven't been around much for a few weeks. Have been studying and revising like crazy. Have finally done exam today and passed it. I am giving myself a couple of weeks off from it before doing the next one.

Hope you and your loved ones are ok and if not that all will soon be well.

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Well done on passing your exam Sam :flowers:

I am getting stressed out with trying to arrange furniture collection and deliveries, both the bluddy sofa and the chest of drawers I bought which is in London and I need to get from there to here, which would be fine if it could be collected on a weekday but the seller can only do weekends, which is proving more problematic. Needs to be a two man delivery as well because it's very heavy.

Edited by merledogs

I have the lurgy, yesterday knocked me for 6 and I have managed to pull my muscles whilst coughing/sneezing which makes it really really hurty when I cough and naturally todays the day that everything moves to the chesty cough stage :confused:

Had some good news about Nick - he's been offered a new job it sounds a lot less stressful, with better hours, Mon - Fri only and bestest of all better pay :biggrin: he handed his notice in yesterday which he was dreading as he thinks they'll really make things difficult for the next 4 weeks whilst he works his notice but they owe him 5 days leave and over 50 hours TOIL so *fingers crossed* he won't have to work the full 4 weeks.

Can any of you on facebook do me a favour? Bruno is in a competition run by his vets to win a photoshoot he's currently 3rd but needs to be at least 2nd to get a prize - can you please go to this link http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=347153698729450&set=a.347153405396146.1073741826.250639991714155&type=1&theater click on the photo and "like" it - thank you xxx

• Like 1