UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Hiya Melp...... lovely to see you!!!

Owl, glad you made it back safely... how cute are the poopies???

Lol @ Snows neighbour and pull your finger out and don't keep your birds waiting... it is not on you know!!

Gooster have a wonderful holiday (even though you have already left!!) get a nice tan and enjoy the warm weather

i have been out!!!!!!!! first time in about a week, i ventured to the doctors, had a big lecture on the need to take things seriously not to suffer in silence when i am ill and got dispatched with a handful of blood forms.... i am not going to have any blood left at this rate....... also last weeks blood test shows i am still not in remission again despite the higher doses of tablets and i am really annoyed as the hospital still haven't written to him to sort my medication out...luckily i took the box for my tablets that the hospital pharmacy gave me

Oh Griff, sorry to hear that.

My lovely aunt is very poorly in hospital, she went in after a fall and they can't have checked her notes or listened to her because they gave her something with gluten in and she has coeliac.

She is now refusing to eat as she thinks they are trying to kill her off because of her age. My sister has gone over there wearing her clerical collar to impress everyone and get listened to, and intends to get this sorted out.

Oh Owl, how awful..... i do hope she will be o.k, i don't think all hospitals do it but when my mum went private for surgery they made her wear a red band as she has an allergy to penicillin and they said anyone with any allergy is tagged with 2 bands...one normal and one red which means they need to be extra cautious. i hope your sister gets things sorted out and your aunt is soon home

Sorry to hear that Owl, I can see why your aunt would think that though! Some hospital staff dont seem to bother to read notes, patients with an allergy to penicillin have been given it regardless in the past and died. Hopefully your sister can put the nurses straight and reassure your aunt.

It's trying to snow here again, just little flakes..hope they don't bring their friends, I've had enough of it.

How brave of you to go out Griff, I've only ventured out with Rosie once my OH has come home, so I have someone to hang onto if necessary. Useless lot at your hospital, not to have got onto your doctor! I'm rather concerned, I read yesterday that a link has been discovered between taking low dose aspiring frequently...and they classed frequently as once a week...and macular degeneration. I'm meant to take aspirin every day because of my blood problem, but if it's a choice between going blind and having a heart attack, sorry but I'm opting for the latter. I'm not taking any more aspirin until I've spoken to the haemo consultants on 15th February.

i read that yesterday too Suzeanna, can you call the heamo consultant before you stop??? i went blind completely for about 5 minutes once and it was awful, i thought losing my hearing was bad but no sight absolutely terrified me!

it is snowing ....again! it isn't settling though and i have to go out shortly... will definitely get a taxi now.

made some muffins today using oil instead of butter...hmmmmm not entirely sure what to make of them, they were moist but i hadn't really got anything to flavour it with so chopped up a milkyway Lol

Hi :wavey: sorry I havent been round but we moved just before christimas so it has been hectic, then my dad had a stroke, and, and,I could go on...

I am loving the new house, I have it for a minimum of 15yrs so can relax and now settle.

Going to moan now - I'm still lonely and have decided that I would quite like some male company - how the heck do people find people???

Blackmagic, we have a regular pheasant at the bird table. I always rattler the door handle a bit before I let Wispa out so he has the chance to take off if he is in the garden.

Loobie and Melp, nice to see you both. Glad the house is right for you, Loobie.

Things have turned out different to plan. Wispa is still at friend's and enjoying things as I may have to go and see auntie in hospital and be away for another day or two. One of yesterday's dogs has mild KC and one of the pups isn't very well. So we took them to the vet. The dog had nasty runs so we were worried in case of parvo. Vet thinks not but says we can't be absolutely sure for a few days. Dog seems much livelier after being given ABs so hopefully that is all it is. Still puts a small home based rescue on lockdown for a while, and there are dogs waiting to go into foster and one reserved to a home. As I may have to do emergency vet runs during this crisis, it seems a good idea for Wispa to stay where she is however much regular disinfecting of van, clothes etc I do. She seems very relaxed and happy, i think she needed a holiday and a change of scene.

Hope it isn't serious and they are given the all clear soon Phebe. Sorry your aunt is in hospital. Witnessed first hand how people can be left and be given the wrong things. The nurses don't keep an eye on what patients are eating and drinking or not. I know they haven't got the time particularly but something needs to be done. You can get dehydrated so quickly on a ward.

Griff sorry to hear that. Don't let the hospital get away with delaying things.

Loobie pleased you love it where you live. Wishing you many years of happiness there. My advice is don't look too hard for a chap because they come along when you least expect it. Try and pick up a social life, maybe with friends from work to start with. Go out regularly and not be looking particularly, have fun and it'll happen. I met Martyn through a friend at work funnily enough. Neither he or I wanted a relationship at the time so we thought we were safe to go do a hobby together and we just clicked on sight lol. If you have any interests get yourself more involved in those too.

Sorry your Dad had a stroke. Hope it was a slight one and he's doing ok

I've had enough of this dark and cold. It's so boring and miserable walking the dogs.

Morning :wavey:

I hope Jayne has a great holiday and doesn't miss Mr G too much :D

Owl - I hope that Wispa can come home soon and that it's not Parvo that the other doggies had.

I've had a poorly leg for a few days, but it feels a lot better this morning, it still feels a bit delicate, but it's good to be (almost) pain free :)

I'm fed up of the snow. Due to the snow and my bad leg, I've not been out of the house since Sunday.

Morning Loobie :)

Morning to all :)

I actually had a fairly decent (for me) night's sleep so am feeling a bit more like today.

We have no snow here in town as what little we did get has disappeared. The fells are looking fab though as they are still covered.