UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Auntie is being discharged from hospital and has a care plan already set up with visits 3 times a day. Her friend is with her at the moment. With any luck this may work out, at least for the time being.

No more news yet on ickle pup Hope, still on drip.

Best of luck with job Murtle.

Glad you got back in here Marion. It was a beautiful morning here also with sunshine and blue skies but went really cold this afternoon. We've escaped the snow and I'd like to keep it that way.

Sam, sending good wishes for Tashy and Kitty. Terrible news about the culling :(

Owl, loads of good thoughts for little Hope. Wispa is such an amazing dog. I love hearing your tracking stories. Glad your Auntie is on the mend.

:wavey: Hello from Egypt :biggrin: Hotel has free wifi in the bar :)

:wavey:

Just sent a tenner to help out Sam. If I had more I would send it and now I can't say "if I win the lottery I will see you alright" because that was my lottery money! It's better spent on Tashy though :)

Thank you so much Missus onetwo :) you are a star , we will keep you updated on her progress :heart:

Jayne Gooster good to see you have arrived safely :pinkie: and are making the most of a free bar :ph34r:

Today I am mostly doing more bloody paperwork for the officials here and submitting more paperwork for my visa and work permit , working and living in a developing country ( or aspiring nation as we must now call them ) is very very challenging as every time you attend a government department they tell you something else !

If anyone has seen The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and the character having to submit a new form for the same request daily to find a person , its like that but without Judi Dench and Maggie Smith

Hope the drinks haven't left you with a headache this morning Jayne...they do look tempting though.

Glad your aunt is out of hospital with care arranged Owl, it must be a load off your mind. My son in law is tearing his hair about his dad, he lost his mum last weekend at 75 (I think) but his dad is 85, with very limited mobility and suffers from low blood pressure which means he's prone to suddenly passing out, and the stubborn ruddy man flatly refuses to listen to any suggestions of carers, moving to a retirement flat etc. He can't manage stairs so he can't live with either of his sons and wouldn't if he could.

I hope little Hope pulls through, and that the dog with suspected parvo continues to improve.

Murtle, hope the job goes well when you start back.

Sorry to anyone I've missed, I'm a bit muddled at the moment. BT Openreach came earlier to move my telephone line off the fascia onto the brickwork. It took him ten minutes tops (took him longer to drink his mug of tea!) and they charged £138. Arghh!

Edited by suzeanna

I feel your pain Suzeanna. After we had the extension built we got BT to come and re-connect the line. The engineer was here less than 10 minutes, left most of the cable hanging and exposed inside as he said he could see we still had to finish off and might want to move it (err, no.) I had to go out and buy some of those little tacks with the plastic on top that holds a cable to finish it off. Yet when the bill came it was an eye watering £200 plus! I complained to BT and tried to get them to reduce it but they weren't for budging.

Owl I hope all goes well for your auntie returning home. Still sending positive thoughts for little Hope.

It was snowing hard for about an hour giving us quite a cover but it's stopped now. I have to go out so I am going now whilst the going is good. See ya later.

Archie has been suffering a bit more than usual with colic. I know one of the causes is down to his not eating - if he's that way out he will just ignore his Wagg. Over the years I've tried him on all sorts of food but we always end up back with Wagg this being his preference above all other foods, including my home-made stuff!

Anyway I found a Burns soft food pouch in his cupboard yesterday from the time he was all up for Burns before going off it - eye roll. Anyway he found it to his liking yesterday and his tum became much more comfortable after polishing it off in two meals. I decided to order another couple of boxes and found the best bargain at Pet-Supermarket which also included free delivery - nice! I place an order just before 3pm yesterday. I thought it would take a few days at least before it arrived but have been gobsmacked to receive it this morning! Well done Pet-Supermarket! Why can't all businesses be that on the ball??

The snow has buggered off. Grrrrrrr.

I hope the sun re-appears for you Jayne. You made me giggle with your comment about cloud-bathing :)

Hi Gooster (and goosters dad!!) hope the cocktails went down well.... you make good use of the free bar!!!! hope the weather improves for you

HLGS, sorry to hear about tashys leg... hope they can save it and hope Kitty can make a recovery too

Suzeanna, i think i would have been sick if i had to pay that amount of dosh to bt! luckily my dad is an ex bt engineer so we sort things ourselves with regard cabling extensions etc..... when we had a problem with the phone i got connected to india who was telling me the fault was with my equipment.. my dad had done a line test and told me exactly what the problem was so i told the lady who was adamant it was going to cost me £100's... the fault was in the exchange and when the engineer called i had to get my dad to tell him how to fix it!!! brilliant

Yantan, glad Archie has decided to eat something, lets hope his tummy settles down soon

Murtle good luck with the job

Merledogs... nearly the weekend now!!!

Owl, glad your aunty is going home with a care plan, hope the little pup and other poorly dogs continue to do well

Jazz, i am sure your lad will have a great time in oz, a couple of my mates have emigrated

my bro has just jetted off to South Africa, he comes back, then goes off to new york, then comes back and heads off to belfast, he has just been on a cruise and literally flew back into the uk on sunday from seeing the northern lights....... am i jealous...not bl**dy much!!!

Edited by griff