UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Hello Sashntess :flowers: don't worry we all lose the plot in here every now and again lol

Surprised my MIL tonight by picking her up from the airport when she arrived back this evening, she wasn't expecting anyone to be there lol followed by a MCquater pounder with cheese and a mocha frappe yummmyyyyyyy just what I needed after all that rich xmas stuff.

RMF : Me n the boys now have our sleeping arrangements down pat. We have worked out that we can all sleep in the bedroom if one of them (either Beau or Taffy) sleeps in the squishy donut bed on the floor and the other three share one side of the superking sized bed, which still leaves me with my half (third?) of the bed :wub:

• Like 2

Hope your lurgy disappears Alex. Mine is still just grumbling on in the background. Wake with a sore throat and then as the day goes on, my ears start ringing/feeling weird.

Enjoy your shift at Crisis Sam :flowers:

We had the final of our family poker game last night. I was leading throughout the year by some miracle, anyway last night I came 4th in the game out of 13, which meant I won for the year! Not bad considering last year I came last :biggrin:

Thought I might get a lie in today - no such luck :rolleyes: Stayed at mum and dad's last night, and the dogs heard my dad get up to go to the loo, which now means they are awake and demanding food. Ho hum...

Hi Sashntess, it's nice to see you post again :)

Rant alert!

It's my friend's birthday on New Year's eve and sending stuff through the post (she lives in Connecticut) is so expensive I usually order something online for her from US based companies and have it sent direct.

She's been badly shaken up by the Sandy Hook tragedy, living so close to it and attending one of the many funerals, so I thought a cheery bouquet of flowers might be nice for this birthday. Now when I've sent her flowers in the past I've gone direct to a florist in her town as then I know she gets really good fresh flowers. However I couldn't remember the name of the florist shop I last used and ended up on a general flowers-through-the-post type site but didn't realise this as the site had cleverly added the name of her town to their website heading which made me believe that I was dealing with a local flower shop. Nor could I get the bouquet delivered on her actual birthday on the 31st and just to add insult to injury they added on an extra charge for Saturday delivery on top of the already hefty delivery charge. All of this didn't become clear until AFTER I had pressed the confirmation button. I immediately tried to cancel the order - there was even a cancellation button but nothing happened when I clicked it. I looked for a contact us link but again nothing happened when I clicked the link. So I had a brainwave and logged into my PayPal account as I had made the payment through them. I cancelled the payment and got a confirmation email from them that payment was cancelled. This all took place within 15 minutes of me placing the order.

Confident that the order was cancelled I eventually found a local flower shop that also accepted PayPal and was delighted to find I could get a much nicer bouquet from them and have it delivered for $10 less than the first florists. Another bonus was they would deliver on the 31st so I went ahead and ordered it. Not without making a muck up of it - I gave my own address as the recipient and had to send them an email to correct this. I know what you are thinking - I'm not fit out!

So what have to complain about I hear you asking (and if you have stuck with me this far - thank you :GroupHug: ) Well on checking my inbox this morning it was to find an email from the first florists telling me that my order had been sent out. Yes, the one I had cancelled the PayPal payment for. I quickly logged into my PayPal a/c to find I have now paid for both flower orders :mad: The original flower order payment hadn't been made until today despite me cancelling it yesterday - and of course having had the confirmation of cancellation. I am right pee'd off with PayPal. What is the point of confirming a payment cancellation and then making it anyway?

I've been in touch with PayPal but I doubt they will do anything - they will point some obscure small print get-out clause to me. I've sent a email to the local florist asking them to cancel my order and refund the PayPal payment but I could understand them not being prepared to do so and maybe offering me a credit instead. I would be happy with that but right after Christmas I really don't need all that money being taken from my bank account. It will certainly put me into the red.

RANT NUMBER TWO ALERT!

It's just put the topping on what is turning out to be crappy end 2012. Ruby has been invited (again) to spend New Year with a group of friends and once again I have been left out. I'm only good for staying home to look after Archie. I'm disappointed that she seems to see nothing wrong in my not having been invited but I also think she might have something to do with my being left out too :(

I wouldn't have gone as health wise I'm not up to it anyway. And even if that wasn't so I couldn't have gone because someone has to be here to take care of Archie - but it would have been nice to be asked. It's really hurt my feelings.

These little get togethers have been happening on a number of occasions over the last 3 years since Ruby re-connected with friends from 30 years ago and I've been increasingly pushed out. If it is due to something Ruby has said about me (I have been seen as the big bad wolf all during the worst of her depression) then I am really disappointed that non of them bothered asking me for my side of things.

One of them was here yesterday with her daughter for lunch and as she was saying goodbye she said something like "See you sometime in January then oh, and I'll see you anon Ruby" to which Ruby replied oh yes, yes you will" and I knew then that Sharon had also been invited to the New year party and stop-over that Ruby is planning on attending. Ruby confirmed it when I said "so Sharon is also going to Gary's New Year do then". Ruby insists that she and Sharon were discussing the get-together in front of me earlier in the visit but they didn't - they waited until I was out of the room. And there I'd made an onion quiche for their lunch and made them all a cuppa and been really welcoming.

It it me? Is there something I am not seeing about myself that isn't very nice?

Don't want to read and run Marion, you are seeing something not very nice in others and that can come as quite as a shock and challenge our own beliefs. xxx

Have you spoken to Ruby about being asked along to the get togethers? It might be time to stop being so nice to them for awhile though xxx

Afternoon

Sorry you are having a rough ride Marion. Hopefully the 2nd florist will indeed cancel the order as I'm sure you have explained a bit of what has happened. Lovely gesture for your friend in the US. She will love them

Sorry you are being let down badly by "friends". Maybe they have stopped inviting you because you will have to say no thanks due to not leaving Archie etc so they don't see it as being an issue if you wouldn't go anyway? As you know stepmum has been a right old witch and fallen out with me. She has simply washed her hands completely of us and now actually appears to believe her own lies. I'm just thankful that the authorities also know the real truth and have told dad some of it or he could have ostracised me too. To add insult her daughter in law always sends us a Christmas card without fail from the family and we didn't get one. This has been the most upsetting for me. People don't want to know the other side of the story and take sides without knowing what has happened time and time again. It's a human failing. I've now seen my arse with her to the point where I have her birthday present upstairs ready for end of January and she isn't getting that or a card. She would only either throw it in the bin or give it away. So nope it ain't you. You just stay the way you are cos you are fab

Marion, unfortunately people change...not always for the better...and what was a close friendship or more can cool, for no reason other than it has (if that makes sense!) Have you actually asked Ruby's friends outright if there is anything you have said or done to make them seem to dislike you? If you know darn well there isn't and they look a bit uncomfortable, if it was me I'd just say well, I wish people would ask for both sides of a story as it isn't always how it's made to sound at times. If Ruby keeps doing this more and more maybe she'd prefer to move out permanently and let you find someone to share your home with who puts you first.

I'm glad your dad has seen through his wife at last Jacobean, just forget the old bat exists now, she isn't worth your time thinking about her.

Yantan, sorry people are being so mean to you..... i do think that Ruby is being inconsiderate though, she sounds quite a clever person and i am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but even i would realize that her behaving in such a manner would be upsetting to you...... would it really kill her to stay home and spend new years with you and archie or go for a bit and come home (assuming they live locally) she has been very lucky in having you to help her when she has felt depressed and more recently when she has been ill with her migraines..... i know you suffer with your health but do you have any friends who are local who would pop in for a couple of hours??? that way you and Archie can have your own new years get together

Jacobean, i am sorry you are having a tough time as well. i am glad that your dad has believed others over your step mum, as for the gift you bought for the daughter in law..... you enjoy it instead!!! new year, fresh start, as suzeanna says put the old bat out of your mind and focus on those who are important to you