UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Alex, first let me say thank you on behalf of my OH, who despite being an IT analyst didn't know about the adapter he could get for his Samsung Galaxy Tab, he's very pleased! Secondly, on a more glum note re your lurgy...if you have a cough then there are people either at OH's work or people he speaks to on the phone who have been coughing for a month! He's had it nearly three weeks now.

Jazz, hope your tummy is feeling better and that Trudy's problem is something simple like an ear infection..that can affect balance.

• Like 1

lovely news Sam :) Do they do the scheme in other cities?

Hope Trudy is ok Jazz :flowers:

Just done a different class at the gym. Bar blast, which is basically 30 different exercises that you do for a minute with a 7kg bar. Feck me it was hard. One of the exercises you had to lift the bar above your head with one hand and then stretch down with your other hand and touch your ankle. I had problems keeping the bar above my head, let alone touching my ankle with my other hand :laugh:

oh dear Jazz, i hope Trudy will be o.k

Gooster.... the idea of exercise makes me break into a sweat!!!! if i had to hold a bar above my head (not that i can lift my arms above my head) they would end up calling an ambulance... i am so clumsy i would drop the bar on my head Lol

Merledogs, hope you feel better soon

been to the hospital to see my chest consultant.... i must have made a big impression on him as he came and collected me himself and recognized me instantly (not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing), noticed i had lost weight straight away and was laughing his head off when i said my other consultant had said about the gym and physiotherapy in the same sentence and i pointed out it ain't gonna happen!! he had a good talk to me and has told me i need to keep a close eye on myself as my symptoms will reappear (i only knew there was something wrong when i was coughing up blood!) and i must seek help immediately... i only bothered the doctor last time as my mum was nagging me! i stupidly thought that things would settle down and stay settled down for quite a while but from what he has just said i should be expecting a flare up..... wonder if thats what the shortness of breath and pain in my back is all about then..... good news though, if i end up in hospital again they give you free wifi now!!!

You need to look after yourself Griff, don't be worried about bothering your doctor - that is their job :GroupHug: :flowers:

I think I would have found lifting the bar a bit easier if it wasn't so long. No matter where I had hold of it, it was wobbling all over the place :laugh: Not sure if I will make bar blast a regular part of my gym work out. It's pretty relentless and no breaks in it - at least in tone and shape you get breaks and chance to catch your breath. However Mr Gorgeous said I did well for my first attempt (I didn't know he was working today, thought it was one of the girls leading the class today).

Was supposed to be riding out on Blue again today, but as it is throwing it down, might not bother as neither of us like rain very much :rolleyes: :laugh:

HLGS i do feel for you.... this world is full of weirdos!!! shame his mother wasn't sterilised!!!

Gooster, i really do admire you going to the gym and i am sure your efforts will be rewarded with a new super svelte bod for your holidays!

mum and dad got me just dance 4 for christmas..... gosh that is hard going.... i am sooooooo unco-ordinated Lol can't manage to do much anyway but even trying had me in fits of giggles

Afternoon. Think I've been in my own little world as don't seem to have been on here since before Crimbo. Meant to come and wish you all merry xmas

Hope you all had a lovely day and are still enjoying some chilling out time

Jazz hope Trudy gets on ok today and your tum is better

Jayne & Alex hope the lurgy is going away. I had an annoying cough, sore throat one that is still lingering I'm sad to say. Keep feeling really dodgy at times then it blows over. Everyone I've spoken to who has had it says they have been the same.

Lots of beautiful pics

Take it easy Griff and if you have an inkling of something not being right please get ye to the docs

Was shocked by Downton Abbey as didn't know anyone was leaving. Finding Emmerdale depressing and it's normally my fave soap. We've had a thoroughly chilled break from everything. Dad is ok and loved his pressie. The lads had a thorougly lovely Xmas day. Fergus adores his Kong Wubba. Wasn't sure he would like it but was wrong there. He has been a big soppy so and so. Bracken just wants to torment the others with his and Scoobs flung his little ball with arms and legs about in wild abandon and then decided ripping up loads of wrapping paper was the best fun. He was completely shattered the next day so we left him to sleep. They have had to share Dad's turkey. They did very well. Have passed final test there as wasn't sure I would be able to get through the other side of it without having to give in and have a turkey dinner. That was my ultimate favourite and I used to love the stew but nope I didn't fall off the wagon.

Have been to work 10-2. What a waste of time that was. The phone didn't go once. So I had a good old clean up of everywhere as we don'tt have a cleaner. Have to say it was very pleasant there on my own. If only every working day was like it.

Edited by Jacobean

Thanks Sam, will have a look into that :)

Enjoy your dance game Griff, like Sam, I enjoy a dance behind closed curtains :laugh:

Glad your Christmas was ok Michelle, and your dad is ok :)

Just taken some pics of my boys with my camera, didn't use the flash for them, but the ones of Charlie seem to be ok

SAM_0034.jpg

SAM_0033.jpg

SAM_0036.jpg

• Like 2

Gooster I think they do have other shelters in other cities , there is more info on http://christmas.crisis.org.uk

Mr angry is back on facebook , moving on from calling us "like hilter" he is now claiming our sterilistion program is "equal to genicide"

good grief !

He's trolling and just wants a reaction Sam. Whatever you say in reply, no matter how reasoned you are he will continue to accuse you of something. You've let him have his fun but now is probably the time to ban him.

• Like 1

Sam just ban him. As Maz said, he's a troll (probably looks like one too) :mad:

suzeanna Glad to be of service. Make sure he checks that it's suitable for his model as there are different ones :flowers:

RMF : Gawd knows how I got through today at work cos I've been feeling rubbish all day and really tired. Never mind, another five days off now.

Gooster I think they do have other shelters in other cities , there is more info on http://christmas.crisis.org.uk

Mr angry is back on facebook , moving on from calling us "like hilter" he is now claiming our sterilistion program is "equal to genicide"

good grief !

I hope he never found anyone to assist him with unlimited reproduction - or does he have 23 kids?

The worrying thing is he works ( or has just retired ) from the faculty building next door to the veterinary hospital building where the vets are trained in Sri Lanka and has held senior positions at the Uni board and on the campus, this is not young kid nor a typical troll.

What I think I can do is turn his posts to private so no one else can see them ( I don't think he will know I have done that ) and he can rant away to himself

keep your friends close and all !

The worrying thing is he works ( or has just retired ) from the faculty building next door to the veterinary hospital building where the vets are trained in Sri Lanka and has held senior positions at the Uni board and on the campus, this is not young kid nor a typical troll.

What I think I can do is turn his posts to private so no one else can see them ( I don't think he will know I have done that ) and he can rant away to himself

keep your friends close and all !

Could he just have made his location and career details up? Some of these trolls are very good at what they do. And if he is for real - well! I can't believe that he has actually held senior positions on the uni's boards :confused:

Turning his comments to private then is probably the best way to go for now. Good luck with him!