UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Damned Breast Cancer Has Hit Our Family Again :(

bonniebird

My beautiful mum was diagnosed with this poxy disease last Wednesday :'( we are gutted as you can imagine. She had a "line" under her breast and it turns out she has grade 2 which is a "good" one to have. She is waiting for the MRI scan, then a partial mastectomy and radiotherapy.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but in 2008 my sister in law was diagnosed and my best friend, thank God they are both in remission, which makes us feel more optimistic, but oh my, its all rubbish :'( Hi have to have a scream on here, can't do it on Facebook as my mum is on there. I can't explain how I feel, but I know that if I am watching tv or walking the dogs, my mind will go off it for a few minutes, then BAM!!! It hits me, the roller coaster lurches in my stomach and hot tears fill my eyes. I know BC is no longer a death sentance, but its not like having your appendix out and its all over. My mum is 68 and my dad is 79, I feel soooo sad for them, hence the rant on here, so sorry eveyone, but it was needed!

Thanks Karen xxx :confused02:

sorry to hear this, you come on here and rant away!!! cancer has taken most of my relatives including both of my nans. don't forget to get in touch with macmillan as they are there to help both you and your mum..... they can answer questions you have and i think they have quite a good forum too.

sending good thoughts to you and your family

I'm so sorry to hear this, Karen. Cancer sucks.

But there are many, many successes in fighting this disease. Try to focus on the positives. And make sure your Mum knows just how precious she is. When she comes through it all, she too will have positive memories of this time.

Sending love.

Thanks everyone :flowers: I wonder if its because my mum has had a bad year, she lost her sister in June and her older sister has just been treated for Breast cancer too, maybe the stress of it all is too much. We are being really positive and supportive, please God she'll be ok, just not fair. Thanks all, this is kind of a private place for me on here and I do come here everyday even though I might not post, I do check in xxx

So sorry to hear this...life is very unfair at times, some families breeze through with nothing, whilst others seem to get all the bad luck. Hopefully as it's the "good" kind, your mum will make a full recovery after her treatment, and be with you for many more years yet.