UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Guess who turned up at the door about an hour ago folks? Yes the Kiwi. She asked to see Ruby and when I told her she wasn't here she did an eye roll. She was exuding attitude so I just asked if she had come to pay back the money she owed Ruby and she did a long "yeeeeeees" and look black-affronted that I had the temerity to ask. I told her she could give me the money and I would see that Ruby got it. She refused and stood there like a sulky 15 year old saying she would wait until she saw Ruby in person.

Personally I think she had come to try and get Ruby to agree to her stopping over tonight. I was really annoyed with her attitude today - there was no "thanks for putting me up and feeding me" - no, just feckin attitude!

So did she leave, or did you invite her in?

A bit of hail on the moors just outside Chesterfield today, just got back to the car in time. Freezing here, coal fire blazing away but Wispa and I are snuggled under blankets.

Hope you get a better night, suzeanna.

Yantan, that is a very untypical Kiwi and most of her compatriots would be ashamed of her. I'm glad that Ruby put her foot down.

Off tracking tomorrow near Stoke on Trent.

The ancient collie who went awol near Carrsbrook is still pootling around, there has been another sighting.

I have the worst cold ever! I had the flu jab a week last Thursday by Saturday I was sneezing non stop with tissue shoved up both nostrils my eyes were red and swollen I looked like a flipping vampire, in between being too damned hot then utterly freezing I dosed myself up with everything echinacea, zinc, vit c, paracetemol daily, so by Monday evening I was starting to feel human again, on Wednesday having stopped sneezing and dripping I found myself with the start of a sore throat and a cough, added strepsils to the daily pill regime and Thursday passed with only a mild soreness and occasional cough, went to bed last night telling myself it had been 7 days now so I was bound to be over the worst ..... today has been bloody awful!! I'm back to non stop explosive sneezing, nose like a running tap, eyes swollen and feeling like they are being pushed out of my head cos theres no flipping room in there for them, every single tooth in my mouth is aching not "toothache" toothache but pressure like behind my eyes. I took myself off to bed this afternoon - not something I do usually but thats how dreadful I felt, and I just lay there for 2 hours utterly unable to go to sleep due to the sneezing and stabbing pains in my sinuses.

I am not associating this with the flu jab I know that doesn't cause you to get the flu, and this is a cold anyway, its just bad timing I guess as Rob, & his boss and everyone he works with has had it this week as well so I no doubt got it from Rob weeks ago but I wonder if having had the jab right in the middle of the incubation period has made it worse? I can't remember a cold ever going back to the start before, usually the sneezing drippy stage turns into the gunky coughing flemmy stage, this ones been there and gone back to drippy sneezy.... arrrrgggggggg

Moaning :tired:

For poorly snow :GroupHug:

which one have you got? Mine is the Calor Provence. Its coming up to its 5th winter now

In that case, can I ask a question please? I've been thinking of getting the Provence for years, but finally came to the decision to buy it this year. Only thing I need to know is, if you are sitting in front of it, do you get the heat from it? I like a fire I can sit in front of and warm my hands :flowers:

The ancient collie who went awol near Carrsbrook is still pootling around, there has been another sighting.

Good luck with your tracking today :flowers:

RMF : Max has a little lump on his leg which seems really sore. Looks like a bite or something but it's worrying me because Max is so stoic that he very rarely shows when he's in pain, so for him to whinge when I touch it, it must be painful :(

Did anybody watch Derren Brown Apocalypse last night? Don't usually watch that sort of stuff but was flicking and ended up engrossed in it. Highly recommend it! Bit scary at times but not overly so because you know it's all not real. On again next Friday.

Basically they make a man believe it's the end of the world. The lengths they went to to set it up was unreal - they hacked into his phone and telly, got all his family involved, got his favourite DJs to make up pretend programmes, roped in 250 actors to be stuck on a bus with him when the meteor shower hit etc.

Edited by merledogs

Morning :wave4: havent been round all week as it has been manic in work, I was helping on the sponsored walk for the victims of the Cardiff Hit and Runs which went ahead yesterday and went really well, over 100 people walked the route that the driver went on and it was really emotional as Karina Menzies daughters were at the end when the doves were released - it was heartbreaking.

Today I am doing a BBQ - yes a BBQ!!! - to raise money for Tickled Pink, so I am going to be v v cold but it is all for a good cause :cheer:

Got some Wagg dog food reduced in Costco for the dogs cause I cant afford the petrol to go to Claires to collect my CSJ - hope it is ok :unsure:

Hope everyone is keeping warm :bigtonstuck:

right off to work ....

In that case, can I ask a question please? I've been thinking of getting the Provence for years, but finally came to the decision to buy it this year. Only thing I need to know is, if you are sitting in front of it, do you get the heat from it? I like a fire I can sit in front of and warm my hands :flowers:

Let's put it this way - if you're sitting in front of it & it's on full, you won't be sitting there for long. I tend to switch it on full for about 10-15 minutes, then turn it right down. It gives out an amazing amount of heat & being cast iron, it still gives out heat for about an hour after you switch it off. I love my Provence, it wasn't cheap, but it was worth every penny.

• Like 1

Got some Wagg dog food reduced in Costco for the dogs cause I cant afford the petrol to go to Claires to collect my CSJ - hope it is ok :unsure:

Is it normal Wagg or Wagg Worker? I ask because I was feeding mine Wagg Worker until a few weeks ago & had a lot of behavioural problems with Betsy. I've been told it's a bit like blue Smarties and children :confused:

No snow here :( I luffs snow. Could you fetch me a boot load over Loo?

Sorry, Yantan, I set off but by the time I got to Threlkeld it was melted. Guess I shouldn't have had the heater on in the car.....hehehe e!! In the end it was just a flurry (not a MacDonald's one) and we got the frost in the end!!

Have a happy Saturday all!!! x