UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Ruby is going to suggest she moves to the youth hostel tomorrow. We are not going to be played for a pair of mugs.

Roll on tomorrow!!

Survived the spin class, though I think you might be right in that I am a sadist...it hurt!

Sounds like fun....I think ;)

there was at least £1500 of flowers from the family at my nans funeral.....

That is a ridiculous amount of money to be thrown away.

Sitting here full of cold and sorry for myself :-( Can't remember who has done what but glad to see the kiwi is moving on

Hope you feel better soon x

Glad you didn't have to go and get the dog Claz, what a way to treat you though!

Evening

Hope she goes quietly Marion. We were taken for mugs but didn't think it at the time when we took someone's daughter in for a whole month! It was the people who used to live in our house and we'd not long bought it from them. She stayed with us for free and we fed her all for nowt. She did buy us a lovely bunch of flowers as a thank you. Her parents emigrated to Cyprus which is how we came by the house and thought it a good idea to buy next door and make our home bigger. We ended up sending no end of post abroad to them and never received a penny or nowt from them in return.

So sorry to hear about your son Suzeanna. From what you've said in the past it sounds like it's been on the cards for a while. Hope he can manage to keep things civil with her and get appropriate access to his son. When my parents split up (many years ago) I ended up living with my dad and my mother never paid a penny towards my care.

Hope you feel a lot better very soon Loobie and that your job is going well.

Jazz take it easy and I'm glad you're letting others help you out. You've been through a big operation and it does take a well to get better from that.

Claz that's terrible. Some rescues will just shove dogs on people with no regard. It's so rude and not helpful to human or animal concerned.

Hope your knee is recovered very soon Steph. If you haven't been already you might fancy a trip to your docs.

Helllloooo :wavey:

Sorry about your son suzeanna, hope an amicable resolution can be found.

That cake is A-mazing!

Marion, your "guest" sounds like a rain cloud at a BBQ, hope she trots off quickly!!

I have survived my hangover from last nights antics and I will never let wine near my mouth again!! It makes me loopy :laugh: I am off to the doctors as the lump on my knee doesn't seem to be going anywhere and all that dancing last night didn't really do me any favours :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Right she's going in the morning. Ruby is having to lend her £20 so she can go to the hostel eye roll. I doubt she'll get it back but as Ruby said "it'll be worth it!"

Great news :woof: Should have given her leftovers (after Archie'd had his fill).

RMF: I have my first fire of the year blazing. I'm officially in winter mode.

Sounds lush. I just wish I could go into hibernation until March.

Sitting here full of cold and sorry for myself :-( Can't remember who has done what but glad to see the kiwi is moving on

Hope you feel better soon :GroupHug:

I have survived my hangover from last nights antics and I will never let wine near my mouth again!! It makes me loopy :laugh:

Really? You're blaming the wine?! :D

RMF : I'm visiting one of our centres this morning about ten minutes from my house, so am WFH this afternoon. Have a stonking nedache so hope it goes v soon.

Morning!

I've slept all of 3 hours :(

DW is coming for Archie at 8am as she has a busy day.

The light is on in the sitting room but the door has stayed firmly shut. I'm hoping that our visitor will start making preparations to go before too long. Archie really is not happy at having her here and his routine (and mine) has been totally disrupted. He cannot get to his sofa or keep watch from the sitting room window and he runs a mile when the visitor goes anywhere near him.

Steph it's not the wine darlin' - you are loopy to start with :D A very lovely sort of loopy and don't you go changing;

I am bad. I've knocked the heating off to encourage our visitor to get moving!

Good for you, open a few windows too, tell her you are a fresh air fanatic. I can't believe the brass neck of the woman, I'd never dream of imposing on strangers like that!

I'm afraid I haven't read back properly...not been feeling so great over the weekend...so will just say I hope all ill people or pets are feeling better today. :)

Seems my son's marriage may be wobbling on for a while longer, he's caved in to his wife's demands..again! She's totally got him by the short and curlies because she knows how much he cares about his son and that if she goes back to live in Scotland he'll probably have a fight to ever see him again. It's not helped by the fact her disabled mother lives with them (she still has her own house in Scotland) and encourages J in her wilder demands. :mad: When my son said he doesn't earn enough money for the things she wants, her dear mother told him that plenty of men have second jobs and he could get night work!!! That's on top of the regular 48 hours plus overtime he does already. Good job I'm five hours drive away or I'd probably murder the old bat.

Oh Heck Sue, sounds like the mil is behind a lot of the tension, does she have to live with them? She really shouldn't be poking her nose in between husband and wife.

Don't faint but its only just gone 9.am. and my house is gleaming from top to bottom, dusted, polished, vacuumed swept, washed, bleached, and tidied :ohmy: oh yeah and I also changed the water in both vases of flowers :ph34r: Nick & Vicky are coming to visit and they haven't seen the house since we got the furniture and started making the place "ours" oh that reminds me must poo patrol in case Nog has left a morning pressie for me lol

• Like 1

Thanks Marge, i'll have a go at that

Things went ok ish on friday, still not in complete clear but they are starting to believe that someone acted with 'malicious intent' to report me and cause all the trouble i've had.

After Jodies hamster Rufus dying unexpectedly i got her a new one to help so Billy is settling in well. Never known such an active nosy hamster :laughingsmiley: . Then on friday Jodies other hamster Eddie died, he was a dwarf , over 3yrs old and very doddery so it wasnt a shock but still upsetting. After that the oven door glass shattering followed by the car drivers door refusing to open [now fixed] it wasnt a good week last week!!!

Oh d

Thanks Marge, i'll have a go at that

Things went ok ish on friday, still not in complete clear but they are starting to believe that someone acted with 'malicious intent' to report me and cause all the trouble i've had.

After Jodies hamster Rufus dying unexpectedly i got her a new one to help so Billy is settling in well. Never known such an active nosy hamster :laughingsmiley: . Then on friday Jodies other hamster Eddie died, he was a dwarf , over 3yrs old and very doddery so it wasnt a shock but still upsetting. After that the oven door glass shattering followed by the car drivers door refusing to open [now fixed] it wasnt a good week last week!!!

oh dear...well, you've had your three things, that should be it...good times to follow, I hope!

Snow, you certainly have been energetic, all I've managed so far is to wash up, change our bedding and tidy the living room. I bet they'll be most impressed with your efforts!

Edited by suzeanna

The visitor vacated the premises at 9.20am. The visitor came back at 9.40am. Eye roll.

She'd gone to the local YHA and couldn't get in as they are full so she asked could she leave her (very large) bag here and collect it later once she'd found some accommodation. I told her that this is why making plans and reservations is important and that she could have booked a hostel bed from NZ to be sure of getting in.

She's walking up to Barrow House which is now a private hostel and lies a couple of miles out of town to see if she can get in there. I told her there was another private hostel in town and to try there too. I also told her if neither of them could take her she'd probably have to get the bus to Cockermouth where the next nearest hostel is. Failing that she'd have to stay in one of the numerous B&B's available in town.

She wants to come and collect her luggage when Ruby is here tonight - I suspect she thinks Ruby is a soft touch, having bummed 20 quid off her and so thinks she might be persuaded to let her stay again. No feckin' chance!

I've just been talking on the phone to Ruby and she was telling me what a tense day she spent with Trisha, the visitor, yesterday. She basically just sat in the car and said nowt. Ruby tried to make conversation but was getting 2 or 3 word answers followed by silence. Trisha had said she wanted to visit Hadrian's wall so Ruby took her but Trisha showed no enthusiasm for it all and never thanked Ruby for taking her.

Trisha is also a smoker and though we don't allow smoking in the house I can smell it. It has permeated the places where she hung her coat or left her clothes and she smelled heavily of ciggie smoke too and that's a migraine trigger for me. I've been knocking migraine meds back all weekend.

I am sorry to rant at you lot but it's helped get it off my chest.