UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Cheryl, I hope things soon improve for you and today is the day it will all start going in the right direction :flowers:

Alex I'm sure you'll be fine!

The mouse in the utility room has chewed a neat little strip out of the lid of the dog bin, little blighter :mad: Grotty hands notwithstanding I'm now going to have to take everything portable out of the room to find the little blighter, either that or borrow one of next door's cats and shut it in there for an hour or two!

I'm just sitting here catching up Sam in between trying to persuade Archie to eat his breakfast. I've told him time and time again "dog cannot live on treats alone". I think he'd like me to load his dish up with tangly twists, Nasher sticks, dry sossidges, cheesy biscuits and fish skins and forget the real food.

Ruby hasn't gone into work as she has a migraine. She saw the doctor about them last week as they are impacting badly on her life and causing her to miss work on a regular basis. The doc wants her to have a CT scan. Blimey.

Little mouski is no more, I found him/her dead behind the tumble dryer.

Yantan, my OH used to get a migraine a week with boring regularity, sometimes two. He was referred to a clinic in London and given various drugs to try out, but nothing seemed to really work and they gradually improved on their own. He still gets them but it's about every three to four months now, and if he manages to catch them in the early stage good old ibuprofen fixes them.

Ooo err I just had visions of me ending up on one of those dodgy workmen television programs or crimewatch *wibble* I just paid cash for a job to some guys who cold called at the front door - and I really should know better :confused02: however in my defense I didn't fall for their verbal quote to do some verrrrrrry expensive work on my drive nor did I fall for the quote to do repairs to the guttering, or allow them to do the hedge trimming etc that my regular gardeners are going to do for me, but I did get them to clean out the guttering front and back and around the conservatory which VERY badly needed doing and which was on my list of things I was going to get quotes for today as its been leaking & overflowing like Niagara falls in front of the conservatory door and which has caused the conservatory to leak. Whilst we knew we could do the job ourselves Robs not very good on ladders and I'm lethal around one so would probably end up in A&E.

He offered to take a quick look and unblock the down pipe for free so I said yes please lol but when he got up there he found it wasn't blocked with moss as he thought so needed to be taken apart, now as I was stood at the bottom of his ladder the entire time I know he didn't shove anything down it, besides it HAS been blocked for many many months and had been on mums "to do list" so he said £50 cash and he'd do the whole lot front & back and the conservatory, so I figured that was a reasonable price, turns out it was bunged up solid with ................... pine cones !! That sodding squirrel!!!! He's either sat up on the roof eating them or he shoved them in there for storage and then the rain pushed them down until they lodged solid with the moss piling up on top of them so the down pipe was completely blocked and thats why the water has been cascading over the end and sides instead. Now apparently the joints do need replacing as the rubber seals have perished, but I said leave that for now until I see what kind of an improvement it makes and if the leaks bother me.

Now wondering if £50 was over the top or if that sounds like a reasonable price?

RIP ickle mouse, don't worry, it will get reincarnated soon and hopefully not in your house. Mice are definite proof of reincarnation, because even if the afterlife is infinite it could not accommodate all the ex-mice that have ever lived who must by now number at least infinity squared!

Poor Ruby, does she know what triggers them? Migraines are horrid.

Snow my brother does odd jobs for people and charges £8.50 an hour with a discount for pensioners( I don't think you'd qualify for that!) Gutter cleaning is one he is called to do fairly frequently. I think by the time you cover his petrol from up here he would be very much more expensive than the guy who did your work :laughingsmiley: I agree with Owl about getting putting something over the pipe to protect it. We have some wire balled up stuck in the top of ours.

I've just put our dog walkers rate up to the same amount we are going to be paying the stand in dog walker and she said I'd not to do it again as she is happy with what she gets. To make up for the difference I paid this time she and her partner are going to take him on a super duper walk on Thursday (weather and her pregnancy permitting.)

I've taken the patient some soup and bread up as she is feeling a little better. I've had migraine since I was a kid but this is new to Ruby and started in earnest about a year or so ago, although she had had the odd migraine before but with intervals of years in between. She is keeping a dairy to see if there are any obvious triggers.

I'll be brief, because I'm knackered and totally overwhelmed but will write more later when I'm calm. It's well worth being a mentalist in Oxfordshire to be seen by that man :luvlove: Oh he was lovely :wub: I'm to increase the dose of Venlafaxine I'm on and he's writting another referral to go alongside the CBT chaps one to the psychological counselling team. He says meds aren't going to make me better but good, hard core intensive counselling will. So I said "that's lovely, so what do I do in the six months or so it'll take to start that?" but he reckons with his clout and my other referral letter it'll be a couple of weeks.

I've had lots of messages from lovely people :wub: I thought I didn't have many friends but as it happens the ones I do have are obviously very special because between them they seem to be making sure I'm not left on my own for too long.

Mistie the big black lurcher we were after has been found drowned in a garden pond together with a cat. The pond was netted but down a steep slope. Mistie must have chased the cat and they both went through the netting. Cat belongs to the person who lives there. :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

I am very relieved to hear your news, phoebejo x