UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

I've been to Next to take some stuff back and pick some other stuff up from the Next Directory.

Then I went to the garage and got some Calor gas and took the car through the car wash, which was a complete waste of £6.99 cos it's still filthy.

I have to valet the inside of my car tomorrow, which I hate doing.

Six pounds feckin ninety nine to put a car through a car wash? What was it doing - gold plating it for you? Sheesh Alex it's £2.50 here going up to £4 for the super de-luxe wash and 2 quid at the pressure washer one that you stand and do yourself including detergent and a final wax application.

• Like 1

We took Dylan lurcher to the vet today, to get his anal glands done and also for her to look at his eyes, as lately he's been grabbing my fingers when I give him a treat, which isn't like him. She says his retinas are not responding to the light she shone in his eyes, he's losing his sight and will go blind. :( I know sight isn't as important for dogs as it is for us, but I'm still sad for him. She couldn't give a timescale...just that it will happen. She also said he's older than we hoped, we were thinking nine or so, she says twelve at least! Mind you, if she'd seen him charging round the local playing field with a young dobe bitch the other week, she might have changed her mind (although he was rather stiff for the next few days.)

You can get a basic hand car wash round here for a fiver...or I do it myself for the price of a bottle of car shampoo! Haven't done it for a while as our car is getting so much rust on it, I daren't put a power washer near it in case the whole thing falls apart! :D

• Like 1

Sorry about Dylan Suzeanna, it is sad to see a dog lose their sight, but Max and Jack do ok. The dogs seem to accept it easier than we do. :flowers:

Not keeping up here at all lately! sorry.. :flowers:

Jack's poorly eye is slowly getting better, though he did break his buster collar this week!!

He now has a new one and so I thought you might like this (short) video

The LabVac :laughingsmiley:

http://youtu.be/j-aIF58Y-ps

• Like 3

Nogs been at the vet today as well, last night his bad leg swelled up and he was tummy tucking it - a sign he was in a lot of pain with it, so I had him on tramadol overnight after a quick chat with the out of hours vet, this morning he was walking on it without a care in the world, but we took him anyway, she seems to think it was just inflammation probably from a knock or twist or jumping off the bed akwardly, tramadol for the next 2 days on top of the previcox and see how he goes. Nog of course is now behaving like it never happened and is demanding his walkies lol

• Like 2

Blimey I can't keep up with you lot. So yay to completed houses and other good news, hugs for sad and ouchy people and critters.

Someone local has lost a podenco, it's only been in the UK 3 weeks, one of those weeks it's been roaming villages near the M1, having slipped its collar on a walk. I really want to do something but my gammy leg is bloody useless and my stooopid sighthounds won't sniff him out. The girl who owns him thinks he'll just reappear at sometime (didn't even realise he could be PTS on day 8 by the pound - she is now phoning them daily), she's a bit clueless. I want to help but I honestly don't know what to do :-/

Yes, I have been keeping an eye on Simba's page. It's about 100 miles away from me, admittedly straight down the M1, but a hundred miles drive then a couple of hours on the trail (dogs' noses and brains get tired after more than that) and a hundred miles back is a bit much for me at present as pulled left wrist a couple of weeks ago. It's mending but I am trying to take care of it so it doesn't get permanently kerknackered like left ankle. Also we would need 2 or 3 days there to be of any use as he is on the move. He will always be ahead of us unless (which is likely) he finds somewhere he feels secure. If you can locate him within a smallish area, do a fryup of smelly food on a picnic stove to attract him. If anyone can put the pair of us up, bearing in mind that Wispa isn't very dog-friendly (she either loves or hates them) and not at all cat friendly, we will come. But really I think people would do better to push the publicity side, get on local radio if poss, locate him then feed and trap. I have trap and could bring that, but it needs to be watched every minute it is out. You are also within a reasonable distance of possibly the best catcher and trapper in the country but he can't help until the dog is feeding in one place.

No offence taken suzeanna, fair comment!

Thanks Owl - I'm going to catch up with her tomorrow and see if she's had any reports since Wednesday, the most recent one when I phoned her on Friday. At that point he had visited a pub car park twice and the landlord had phoned her; I suggested she brought the landlord some dog food so he'd keep coming back to there but I don't know if she's taken that on board.

Regarding putting you up, I have room, and two couldn't-give-a-monkeys sighthounds that are used to fosterers. And I'd have no problems with Wispa sleeping with you if she doesn't take a shine to my two.

I'll come back to you tomorrow; I'm a little concerned she's not really organised regarding this. She's done a website but sightings are not being entered, it was in the local paper but we only have a weekly here nowadays.... I'd happily take over some of the admin stuff cos my legs are useless, but I don't want her to think I'm taking the piss. My only real concern is Simba :-/

Hi Gemstone, nice to see you but sorry to hear sad news.

Please try to persuade Simba's mum to encourage the pub car park visits with food, pubs are fave places for dogs on the run, always something to scavenge.

Thanks for your offer of somewhere to stay. I am up tomorrow to do fryup breakfast for local escaped lurcher at 5 a.m. so must get sleep now, will PM you my contact numbers.