UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

Ian, half of the dog walking team, had taken Archie and Sadie to Whinlatter forest today along with his bike. He is going to attempt to keep up with the dogs whilst they run like mad things. Well good luck with that Ian!

My bloody car battery is flatter than a flat thing - again. I've called Andy out from the garage and he's going to investigate it and possibly fit another new battery. Last one was fitted 3 or 4 years ago but as I don't use my car very regularly it doesn't help keep it in good shape. More ££'s to shell out. Eye roll.

Hee hee he's back and might be a little bit knackered. Sadie and him kept running ahead of Ian on the bike and taking paths they usually take when they are walking but they are closed to bikes so he was losing Ian and had to keep running back to find him. He and Sadie both did loads of extra miles.

Gosh we were lucky to find our dog walkers. All of the above for £6.50 - just amazing! I know it's down to the fact that Archie hit it off so well with their own dog and that they too like The Archibald but even so I don't think there are better DW's anywhere!

Delighted to hear that Archibald is enjoying his new friends so much :wub:

I have just had some fab news from a friend who works with me - her job was put at risk a few weeks before mine and she did get the job she applied for, but she speculatively sent her job off to Siemens at the same time and she has been for a couple of interviews and been offered the job :pinkie: It's £12k more than she's currently on, a much more senior position and a 20% bonus, so she is absolutely over the moon. It's an opportunity of a lifetime and she could end up working anywhere in the world. She's a really lovely person and I can't tell you how delighted I am for her :wub: I asked if I could watch when she handed her notice in :devil:

See that's what you get when you put people under threat of redundancy - it unsettles people and you end up losing your best staff. Feckin idiots.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

I quite agree with that remark Alex...my OH's firm made a lot of people redundant recently but whilst they were waiting to find out who, a lot of others looked for other work and got it, so now they are horrendously short staffed! When my OH took his MED3 in to his Team Leader, he told him that there were 16 people across service desk on longterm sick (stress, no doubt), and now more have left and they are rather up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Serve both firms jolly well right, that is not the way to handle the work force.

I am happy, electrician has been here and now I have hot water in kitchen and bathroom, new hob installed, outside light mended, doorbell likewise, and all powerpoints work.

• Like 2

Wish I could get Kai groomed, Jazz. He is a matted mess but screams like a banshee and curls up into a a tiny ball the size of your littlies if you go near him with a brush. As he's a 55kg GSD that is quite a feat. Sounds funny but is actually becoming a bit of a problem and don't know what to do about it. He'd seriously need sedating to do it properly :-(

no, he resists every grooming implement known to man lol. No idea how it started as he used to be ok and I have no recollection of ever hurting him while brushing him. He can't even be bribed, even though he's a very foody dog and will normally do anything for a treat. Used to be able to groom him while he was eating a giant cow's ear then one day we just couldn't - really don't know why he just wouldn't tolerate it any more.

Anyway, how is everyone?

Hope you're managing to destress Alex and that the new job is everything you deserve. I'm sure the security check will be fine and anything you got up to 25 years ago will either not show up or will be nothing to worry about. Have everything crossed for you anyway.

Yay for electrics being sorted Owl and hope dishwasher arrived ok Jazz.

Another yay for Archie and his fabulous dog walkers. You really struck gold with them Marian.

Got loads to read back but did notice Snow is in her bungalow where she belongs :-)

Edited by eve

Eve , i know this sounds bloody daft but will he let you or someone brush him on a walk. I used to know a dog Jacko that wouldnt let a brush touch him at home but out on a walk he'd allow his owner to brush him for a few minutes at a time. You could follow the hair trail easily and know you'd find Jacko and his dad at the end of it :laughingsmiley: