UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

Suzeanna,they all know how ill my nan is. my nan won't discuss death, dads family won't discuss death, nan refused to have an injection off the nurse until her daughters arrived at 2am in case the nurse was going to "off" her!!!! her sister has been made to promise she won't get treated like her other sister.... apparently according to my nan and her sisters her sisters husband withdrew fluids etc.... the lady was under the care of a doctor nurse etc and any hint of wrong doing would have been picked up... the husband did nothing wrong and cared deeply for his wife..... he just didn't want her to suffer, as for the money for a funeral.... between 7 of them it would be £380 each, it is not an unexpected cost as she has been terminal for over a year..... people should have planned yet already the excuses are creeping in, why should my dad use his pension payout to fund a funeral his mum should have taken care of or all of the kids should take care of?? i won't go near again as my dads family are there and i can't bite my tongue when they come out with stuff...... it really is quite pathetic how they are hiding away from the inevitable... we have made my dad talk about it but the others just say "oh there is plenty of time for that" errrrrr no there isn't she will be gone soon...... it will no doubt cost my dad a couple of grand and then that still won't be good enough for the family

Lets hope your OH's eye continues to improve...... do they think there will be lasting damage???

Edited by griff

Glad your OH's eye is healing up, hopefully there won't be too much scarring.

Sorry your family are being ostriches Griff and burying their heads in the sand :flowers:

Mum and dad got back from their holiday today, whilst dad was taking the tow bar off the back of the discovery (it has a posh detachable one), he noticed a rather large space underneath the car that hadn't been there previously. Turns out that some barsteward had nicked the brand new spare tyre complete with 19" alloy wheel :angry: Dad gets the spare tyre put onto the car every so often and a brand new one put on as a spare, so that it doesn't perish due to the salt etc on the roads. He only had it done earlier this year. To say he is fuming is probably the understatement of the century. They think it either happened at Scarborough park and ride, or when they went on the steam train - in both cases the car was in a car park and left all day. He has rang the train people to let them know, but the park and ride people had gone home for the day. Dad thinks it was an organised gang that did it, so wanted to warn the people who run the places it could have been done.

(null)

Morning, started off grey here but is brightening up a bit. Completed my second park run today, fingers crossed a touch faster than last week. Really need to get there earlier as a half km jog to the start just as they set off wasn't quite what I had planned! Maybe the warm up helped...

Sorry things are hard Griff, sadly death is one of those things that have such different opinions by all. x

Hope OH's eye continues to heal Suzeanna and that your arthritis eases.

Jazz good news on the doglets x

Can't remember anything else...did I mention I am going back to work?! Just have to get the paper work done for the contract.

I did have an interview for a role I decided I didn't want, but it did make me chuckle as I was asked what my short and long term career goals are. I contract, I have contracted for about 8 or 9 years, I have just had a year out...I have never had career goals! I earn money to have goals outside of work. I do understand that this is a normal (ish) question for a permanent role, but is the first time I have ever been asked it for a contract role!

• Like 1