UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

When I win millions on the Euro lottery this is the house I want to buy http://search.knightfrank.com/tnw070312

Funnily enough there was something about it that seemed familiar to me. It's name, Apedroc, rang a bell somewhere in the dark recesses of my memory and a couple of views of the house made me think I'd seen it before but for sure I've never been in that part of the world before. I was just getting to thinking that I must have lived there in a past life but then it struck me! I had heard of it before and I'd certainly seen photos of it too. During the war my nanna got to know a young girl called Jill Balcon who arrived with Rodean when the school was evacuated here. Jill went on to become an actress and is mother to Daniel Day Lewis. She kept in touch with my nanna right up until my nanna died in 1984. The house seemed familiar because nanna had photos of it which Jill had sent her - it was her father Sir Michael Balcon's house! He was a noted film maker back in the day.

Anyway I want it!

• Like 1

Alex I can't tell you how delighted I am for you - just think that awful place you work at will soon be behind you and maybe if things work out right with starting your new job you will have a wee bit of redundancy money to treat yourself to summat nice - well done xxxx

• Like 1

oooo....I was going to ask you if you'd consider a poo sandwich if you got the job....boo I missed my opportunity!! Needless to say it doesn't surprise me Alex ;-) though I love the fact that it does surprise you. You are incredibly talented and I am so thrilled that not only have you found your ideal job, you get paid to leave your less than ideal job. How fab is that!

Is it financial vetting or Security vetting, either way - offences generally don't matter so long as you disclose / are open about them, this is especially important in financial institutions and areas where you could be bribed or blackmailed. Issues are more likely to occur in financial institutions if you have been declared bankrupt, or blackmailed someone or things along those lines!

When I had my security clearance completed I completed the initial forms correctly - so I thought...I then had to go back and change details about where I was born - it's amazing what information comes to light when you have to complete officialdom forms...

Bounce bounce bounce - I am so excited for you Alex. I hope you get a week off between jobs to enjoy yourself. You deserve it...

• Like 1

When I win millions on the Euro lottery this is the house I want to buy http://search.knight...k.com/tnw070312

'tis lovely - but FOUR bathrooms???? It would have to come with a cleaner! he he!!

This one is on my list

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37391414.html?premiumA=true

but I guess 6 bedrooms and one bathroom would lead to a scramble in the mornings!! There's always the lake tho!!

Lovely house Marion :flowers: Can we come and live in the stables please? :unsure:

Thanks for all your kind words, but I really don't deserve them.

I couldn't possibly say what norty things I did but it was 25 years ago so I am desperately hoping it doesn't come back to bite me on the arse. I'm not celebrating quite yet - I'll do that if the offer letter drops through the letter box.

Stunning :wub: and the dogs would love the lake :wub:

Fanbloodytastic Alex!!!! you should spill the beans on your murky past, we're friends and will understand everything..... :ph34r: :laughingsmiley:

:ph34r:

Is it financial vetting or Security vetting,

Security I think (or possibly both). They said there was a very high level of security for obvious reasons.

25 years is a long time Alex, most firms would be fairly reasonable about that. We will not ask about your murky past as if you spill the beans everyone else may feel obliged to do the same, and this thread could become so exciting that no one would get anything else done.

Where has my owl avatar pic gone?

• Like 2

Yawn, Merledogs, hope you late night doesn't spoil your day!! (Need a yawn stretch smilie thing but can't find one!!)

Happy Birthday, Jazz! Hope you have a lovely day. :cheer:

Morning everyone else. Thank thump it's Thursday!

Baby girl came round last night and showed me the designs for her wedding dress. It's so exciting!!! We have to have a frock shop so she can decide what neckline she wants - being very slim but generously chested (!) she doesn't want strapless. Only 13 months to go ..... and counting..... :)

• Like 1

Time will fly Loo hard to beleive Nick's been married a year already!

Feck I'm stiff - my back complains nonstop and getting up in the morning is currently a chorus of owww oooo arrrrrggg sheeeiiiiitttttt I'm walking like a little old lady.

Kitchen now looks like a kitchen again and is starting to look "mine" I've also ordered several seagull statues and mobiles for the bathroom so that will be "mine" soon. Today Rob goes back to work and my plan is to unpack the dragons and make the conservatory "mine". I've also ordered a new plaque for the house and have decided to give the house a name so we now live at "Dragons Roost" to celebrate the move I've treated myself to a new dragon from the money I got as a leaving pressie though I'm not sure the church would approve of me getting an "underworld" dragon lol

K023%20Large%20Underworld%20Dragon.jpg

• Like 2