UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

good boy Nog!!!!

i agree with Owl, 14 miles is Plenty!!!!!! mind you i would struggle with 1.4 miles Lol

got the shopping done... at least the dogs won't starve! bought some duvet sets for my nan so she has plenty of changes of bedding and spoke to my aunty to see if i needed to wash them before hand.... she said there is a letter for my dad at my nans... it is personal and to be taken with him, my aunty said there was one for my other Aunty but she hadn't taken hers...... i don't know if it is my nans wishes or a letter about my dads life growing up, it is going to kill him to read it..... i don't think it can be what she wants when she is gone as she would only need to do one letter for all 7 kids

Sitting here in floods of tears I have been working so hard just trying to sort out the kitchen still worried about where things are going to go then Rob rang to say he was on his way back with a full van... where the f*** did that come from? When I left the house yesterday there was barely 6 boxes remaining then to cap it all off the stool I was using just shattered under me and sent me crashing to the floor. For a while I wasnt even sure if i was going to be able to get up as I was sprawlled between 2 open doors and wedged in, obviously I managed it somehow, but am shaking like a leaf, dont seem to have done anything seriously wrong, but my entire right side has had a hell of a wrench and bang. My left heel, wrist & shoulder and my right hip & wrist are currently competing as to which one is going to twinge and throb most.

I'm telling Rob when he ges back to call the f****** house clerarance man and get him to come and take every single fecking thing away and we'll start again with nothing - I have had enough!

Snow :GroupHug:

Archie is home and they gave him a medal at the end for completing the walk. Ruby said there was no pleasure in it - it was like a forced route march and there is no way she would have completed the 26 mile walk. So all in all she was pleased there'd been a mix-up and she only had to do a shorter version. Lots of people were making a fuss of Archie and commented on what a great little chap he is (well we know that!) He kept the spirits up of a few folk who had got left behind by friends and colleagues who were treating it like a race.

• Like 1

Snow, get some painkillers, a cup of tea (or something stronger!!) and head of to bed! Rob can leave the stuff in the van, you will be no good to anyone if you hurt yourself badly.

well done to Archie and Ruby...... shame it wasn't pleasurable.

been to see my mum, she still can't raise her leg...... hopefully she will be able to do that in a couple of days.

been absolutely scorchio here today!!!!

Moaning :tired:

Well done Ruby and Archie :wub:

It's Monday, which is bad enough, but I've got an interview at 1pm. My end date of 7th September is looming ever closer and I'm going to go into full panic mode when that comes. Tomorrow will be stressful too, because I've got the second interview in the morning and then my second consultation meeting with HR and my boss and my union rep.

Best of luck with the interview Alex I really hope it goes well for you xxx

According to Rob I have a nice set of bruises across my lower back and bum - I inadavertantly touched one this morning and almost shot thru the ceiling. Both Rob and I cannot move without groaning - we've realised we simply aren't as young as we used to be and neither are our muscles and joints.

Snow - ouch! :GroupHug: I know the feeling re the muscles and joints.

I just want today and tomorrow to be over. Another interview today, then the second interview tomorrow, then my consultation meeting tomorrow afternoon. There are all emails flying back and fore re my redundancy, which are stressful to deal with. I just want them to give me my money and let me go because I really don't want to be here any more.

Good luck with today's interview Alex. I'm sending positive thoughts for you.

It was nice to wake up this morning with the familiar little lump of Archie snuggled in beside me - I fair missed that yesterday morning.

I'm waiting for a Tesco delivery as the cupboards really are bare and I've nothing for my breakfast.

• Like 1

Good Luck for today and tomorrow Merleodgs

Snow, i hope your ouchy's are soon better

Yantan, i hope your delivery turns up soon.

been to see my nan this morning, she was a bit short of breath but she had her hair done and looked more like herself, the letter...... well it wasn't what i thought it was going to be........ turns out it isn't anything to do with her wishes or a letter written by her to my dad but a couple of letters of the hospital wanting 1st, 2nd and 3rd relatives to attend the hospital for genetic testing!!! oh joy, more tests for me and i have to try to get my dad to agree to see the doctor, i have called my aunty to see what is going on as we were tested a few years back for something similar