UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

oh no Merledogs!!!!!! when the RAC told us an hour they chap was with us within 15 minutes... hopefully the same will happen with you to!! and with any luck he will be sooooooper fit so you have something nice to look a t Lol. seriously, i hope they get to you quickly and you are soon on your way

Still here nearly an hour later. Am hoping it is just the battery cos I had the air con running with the engine off. Thank doG for my Blackberry or I would be completely bored. If its not the battery then I am going to have to hire a car pdq to get me to my interview tomorrow.

oh dear, hope they arrive soon!!

had to get onto the benefits peeps again!! after advice from Houndzrus i decided to query the group i am in...apparently if i am in support group (which i should now be under the special rules as i am on IV chemo) they can't switch me to Income based ESA so i shouldn't lose any money, my mum was told that the decision maker had until wednesday to make a decision, i have heard nothing so called to check today as £160 a month is a lot to lose....... apparently information had been passed to medical department and that was it!! so 2 times the DWP have lied to us now! i am sick to death of medicals, forms and having to chase them

Griff I hope it's sorted soon :GroupHug:

I'm home, finally. Fresh start tomorrow, hopefully it will go better than today. Or if it comes in threes, what will happen next?

It was just the battery thankfully. Probably could do with a new one so will need to sort that.

Glad you're sorted Alex. When our car battery died, the very nice RAC man who came to our house took me into our nearest town which sold them, brought me and battery home and fitted it for me! He refused anything other than a cold drink and said it was all part of their service. I hope tomorrow everything goes wonderfully for you.

Shame you're not closer Snow I love unpacking things :biggrin: packing things up however I hate that!

Good luck tomorrow Alex and hope all this HR none sense gets sorted out :flowers:

Gypsy scared the crap out of us earlier and went to jump out of the window :ohmy: the windows are pretty high up so for her to jump there was so unexpected. Luckily OH was stood near her and dragged her back in!

Edited by kittycat

Sending good thoughts for today, Merledogs.

Morning everyone!! Late night last night as I met up with an old friend for coffee. It was brill! Like a support group for overweight skint single ladies of a certain age - you can tell what the topics of conversation were!!! ha ha!!

Onwards and upwards - have a good 'un!

:)

Edited by Loo
  • Like 1

Really hope today goes well for you Alex and you get the job :flowers:

I am having a day off from unpacking - instead I shall be in Dunelm Mill with my mil spending lots of money and buying more stuff we have to find room for lol MIL is very excited she loves Dunelm and I've promised her lunch as a reward for helping me. My list of things we want/need is 2 pages long.

90% of the kitchen is done thankfully, all the remains is for me to get some stuff to make it "mine" - hence the Dunlem trip we've also managed to get some bathroom storage which hopefully solves that problem, the gap beside the shower and the wall is only 10" so none of the slimline cabinets or cupboards would fit, but we found a set of white wicker drawers in a slimline tower that fit, 4 drawers per tower so we bought 3 of them and cable clipped them together as a stack its not terribly stable but works for now.

I didnt tell you that on Sunday I got upset as Nick was leaving, managed to hold it together but after he'd gone I sat in a chair and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed only for Nick to walk back in as he'd forgotten his sunglasses :blush02: I was tired and stressed and in shock from my fall and all the mixed emotions about being here. Thing is theres still so much of mums things here in almost every drawer and cupboard, yesterday I found her birthday card book, in it was the card she'd got for Rob ready for his b'day, and the one she got for me as well as loads of different ones all neatly filed in date order, tucked away at the back of the book was a poem about moving house ....... that set me off again she'd clearly had that ready for when we were going to be moving to our own house and it was to cheer me up - it was as if she was sending me a message telling me not to stress and that it'll all work out.

glad you made it home Merledogs and i have everything crossed for you today!

Ooooooooo Kittycat, fancy Gypsy giving you a scare like that!

Snow (((hugs))) i am glad you are taking some time off for unpacking and i hope you find everything you want a dunelm mill (never been myself!)

Loo, glad you had a nice evening

well a further call from dwp..... i now have to write off and send medical evidence to prove to them i am ill....... i gave them the details of my gp so they could contact them but now i have to bother my gp for a letter and bother my consultant for a letter instead of them just asking the gp to fax info or a letter i have to take up yet another appointment! and then i have to "request" to be put in the support group but that depends on what the decision maker feels like that day..... bl**dy ridiculous set up