UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Audacious Ambles

merledogs

I can't nap Alex as I always feel much worse for doing so! I hope you made it through your meeting OK?

Well Archie was re-united with Sadie today after her holiday so they both had tales to tell each other of camping. Sadie and her mum and dad (the dog walkers) have had a lovely week in Anglesey. Sam and Bowder, the BC's, were along for the walk today so Archie had lots of company.

It's raining rather a lot here - just for a change.

• Like 1

I got the job :pinkie:

They said nobody even came close in terms of how well I interviewed :smug-1: and he wanted to make the offer before he went on holiday today.

It's more money, bigger bonus, less hours, private healthcare and the ability to work from home one or two days a week and set my own hours the rest of the time. In short, it's my ideal job.

I have to undergo some very strict security vetting because it's a financial institution, so it could still all go belly up (there's a load of things they look at) but regardless of that I know that I'm employable and that I interview well.

Fingers, toes and everythink else crossed that I pass the vetting.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 3

Told you so Alex! I wouldn't worry about the vetting, my OH had to undergo very very stringent security checks at his work...he disclosed that he had a fine and lost his licence when he was 17, but he sailed through no trouble.

I see that Tony, the chap with locked in syndrome who lost his case in the High Court, died today of natural causes. I hope his freed spirit is now happy and at peace.

• Like 2