UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

thankyou Houndzrus, you are really very kind, i hope you manage to get a bit of you time... don't go getting burnt out!! How lovely you are getting somebody to paint Jack and Cherry, mums workmate does drawings of dogs from photos and she has said if i dig out my favourites of the dogs and cat she will pop them all on together, like you however it is difficult to choose!

another trip to the drs, called for advice with regard my arm popping open after stitch removal and now have to be seen, i also have to go and get my blood done too.... i had planned it so my dad took me on route to his car Mot but it has all gone a little bit wrong Lol.

Morning - the sun has disappeared here again today but at least it's fine and reasonably warm.

Archie has been baking biscuits and eating them as fast as they cool down. If he keeps going there won't be enough to fulfil his orders!

Suzanne, witch hazel can work really well on things like that! You can get it in various creams, lotions and potions or just plain.

Snow, glad they are moving quickly on it, better to have it all sorted out then dilly dallying :-)

I am off to France for this weekend to drive a car, make sandwiches and wait around a lot...OH is doing the Etape 2. He is still a little tired after the last weekends Marmotte and Etape 1. Luckily the group is smaller this time - but it's about a 2hour drive to the finish town, which will need to be done tomorrow there and back and then on Saturday morning...boo hiss, I don't often have a need for driving long distances - especially with people in the car so will be interesting...I like silence on my journeys, I fear they won't!

Marge if you didn't take sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many lovely pictures of Jack and Cherry you wouldn't have a problem ;-) xxxx

Love and hugs to all and hope the illnesses are staying at bay and people are healing well.

xxx

I love it when people say they have decided that they are going to change the direction of my project, only to be told that my project has the backing of not one but two Board members, who outrank them both :rolleyes:

Edited by merledogs

Lol,that'll teach em! bet that went down a treat.

got a phone call off my mum earlier, she has gone back to work and they are now being very difficult with her..... another member of staff alleges to have "issues" at home i.e somebody sick,she has lied about this at least 3 times that i know of, she has been told that due to her issues she won't have to do part of her job... yet my mum who has explained my situation, provided medical information and tried to help as and when she can is being forced to continue on regardless of the stress she is under, makes me bl**dy sick the double standards of it all. my mum has been brilliant as has my dad taking care of me and the pets and ensuring i don't need to worry and now i think my mum will have to leave the job she likes and is damn good at due to being treated unfairly....... i hope the lies come back and bite the other woman on the bum!

Edited by griff

Griff, that really is unfair..your poor mum, and poor you no doubt feeling guilty about it! I think sometimes it's just a case of if your face fits you can get away with murder. Is there anyone she can talk to in HR..or is it HR who are being difficult?

Murtle, your OH must be super fit, mine comes back puffing after a half hour bike ride :D I hope the weather stays fine for him and you don't get too bored.

I'll try and get some witch hazel and see if that helps. I'm going to look for the silicea in Boots too..double whammy!

Much relief here as my daughter just phoned to say that the examination and mammogram she's just been for at the local hospital have shown nothing dodgy, the lump she could feel is an enlarged lymph node, possibly due to her eczema having a flare up at the moment! :cheer:

• Like 1

Griff that is so unfair. I hope it smacks her in the face...she needs a wake up call. The little boy who cries wolf...

Well I went for my stress test today at the hospital...

The new computer system managed to book mu test for yesterday the letter to the appointment is today at obviously my local hospital but the system had me down for Bracknell.

The poor guy isn't convinced about the system, and I can't really blame him....

That's 2 hours of sitting around over...now just have to wait for the rerun!!!!

...and I missed the sun...back to rain again!!!

Griff I agree with others - that's really not on.

Excellent news about your daughter Suzeanna, I'll bet that's a weight of your mind - and hers.

Murtle I'm sorry you were given the run-around with nothing to show for it with the hospital appointment. My friend is hoping to move down to Bracknell as soon as she can sell her house here. I don't think I'd willingly swap The Lake District for Bracknell but she is now 81 and wants to be near her favourite niece who has said she will look after her should she need looking after.

Yay! Since posting that the day wasn't too good the sun has come out here and it's looks and feels like summer out in the garden! Archie was laying out on his sheepskin but it got too hot for even him and now he's laying on his sofa as it's nice and cool in the sitting room.

I think there is somebody she could talk to at HR, i have told her to start looking for another job as it will just be the same in a few months time... you are quite right, her face doesn't fit..... i actually had to provide her with paperwork from the dss to state that i have a disablement as her boss didn't believe her! and now this, i do feel guilty about it but i am feeling more angry i think than anything, just because my mum is already trained and this person isn't and using somebodys ill health to get out of it is really out of order....... ahhhhhh wish i could get my hands on all of the rotten so and so's

terrific news Suzeanna about your daughter, waiting for test results is awful, lets hope her eczema settles down, hope you manage to get your sore bit sorted out.

Murtle, how annoying, hope everything turns out o.k for you but i bet the system is causing the staff at the frontline all manner of headaches.

Yantan, i love the lake district, it is the last holiday i had with my much missed nan and i can still remember the night we came back from the pub dead late and the farmer putting his shotgun out the window at us.... one of the funniest things ever! Glad you got some sunshine too, i think you must have pinched mine as it has vanished again.