UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

So sorry Alex. Horrible shock. Hope something where you can show your potential and be appreciated crops up very soon. You deserve better than they were dishing out to you.

Run free little Ferro

Griff hope you can start the treatment on your next visit and really sorry about your nan. Big hugs

Hope dog in Wasps nest is found very soon

Congratulations on your NLP Murtle.

Jazz I hope your son sees the error of his ways very soon and don't overdo things at the stall.

Marion I'm sorry that you're being left out of things. More fool them because I imagine you being great company. I love your sense of humour. It does look like other person is being possessive with Ruby. Hope she enjoys the olympics.

Sorry to hear that Alex. Hope today goes ok for you.

Very disappointing that they made you travel all the way to Portsmouth for that, I am yet to meet a sensible HR department. But I do think it's poor of them to make you travel back after news like that.

It's another scorcher here already.

Alex my first thoughts on waking up this morning were of you matey. Hugs. It's a horrible, horrible situation to be in. Have you thought about a plan of action or is it still sinking in? Can us Fugees do anything to help?

We still have grey skies but it's been getting hotter - humid hot though so not nice.

I see we managed to insult the north Korean football team last night by displaying the south Korean flag before their match resulting in them all walking off the pitch. Eye roll. I wonder how many more times we will stuff up before the Olympics finish.

Thank you Michelle for you kind comments about me. You lot have helped restore my self-respect. Thank you.

Today I have a food delivery coming from Tesco and the gas man is coming to service the boiler. Exciting times! LOL

Alex, i agree, you are too good for that company, they never appreciated you or your work and hopefully you will find a position where you are not taken for granted, i also agree that it was totally irresponsible of them to drag you all the way to portsmouth to be told such awful news and then them allow you to travel back. :GroupHug: :hug:

thanks for the kind thoughts about my nan, hopefully she is moving to the marie curie hospice today as a bed has become available, i think that will be a better environment for her to be in as there is only 17 beds she will probably get great care, mum went to see her yesterday with my dad and i think they will go to the hospice today if she is moved...... my brother still hasn't been up to see her :handjob

RMF mad painc this morning, sat and stroked laneys face and looked at my hand....blood everywhere, on examination the lunatic has managed to scratch his face.... then he decided not to eat his breakfast which got me worried too.... funny how a bit of toast got eaten quickly though!

Alex I'm so sorry to hear that :GroupHug:

I have a really crappy day ahead. After a particularly difficult few weeks, I'm off for an emergency appointment this morning with a psychiatrist before I go on holiday tomorrow. I've been on new medication since Monday, 75mg a day which next week is increased to 200mg per day. But it makes me feel really sick as it is! I've barely eaten anything all week so at least my diet will get the kick start it desperately needed! The dogs are off to Ians mums for their holidays tonight and his cousin is popping in to feed the cats & chickens. Lizzie is going for a hair cut this morning before her holiday by the sea. I've not packed anything, my ironing board broke two days ago so we're going for the crumpled look :cool2: I have a million things to do today and can't be bothered with any of them. I just feel sick with worry.

Good news about your nan Griff, the atmosphere will be totally different in the hospice and I'm sure even people who seem unaware of their surroundings must feel it at some level. Was your brother never close to your nan, or is he the sort who shies away from a difficult situation? Maybe he's afraid he might be "unmanly" and cry?

Hope Laney soon regains his appetite...is it definitely a scratch, or could something have stung/bitten him?

Sorry Phoebejo, your post came on as I was writing...do try not to worry (easier said than done), the psychiatrist is there to help you, and honestly if your meds make you feel so bad, I would have thought they should be changing them, not increasing them. If there's anything that really needs ironing, stick a folded sheet on the kitchen table or worktop and get SOMEONE ELSE to iron, I've lost track of how old your girls are now, but the eldest at least should be able to drive an iron!

Have a lovely holiday, relax and try to forget your worries :GroupHug:

Phoebejo :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: i hope your appointment goes well and you can enjoy your holiday.

Suzeanna, our family is quite complicated but my brother did used to see my nan more than me, he lives in london so it is a couple of hours on the train and i appreciate he has an important job etc but any company would let you go and say goodbye to a relative, what i think, is he doesn't want to come up and go back the same day but given my current situation him staying isn't practical :err: i have explained how ill she is and it is always me ringing him to tell him how she is doing.... he saw both my other grandparents suffer and die so i can't see it isn't he can't face it... i think he is just selfish

Bejo - I hope you manage to relax and enjoy your hols :GroupHug:

Griff - good to hear your nan is moving and hugs for Laney :GroupHug:

RMF : I've had two agencies contact me about five different jobs, one of which would involve moving to Leicester but which would mean a £5k - £10k pay rise. One agency has been proactively contacting clients with my CV and two of them are potentially interested. The other agency has one job in particular which sounds right up my alley, but would involve travelling to Liverpool every day. It's encouraging that at least there are jobs out there but I have dealt with agencies before and they will put you forward for anything - it's converting that to interviews and a subsequent job that's the difficult bit.

Cheryl - shower steam is a great iron :-)

- you'll be fine at your appointment and I hope they can sort your meds out x

Griff, sadly it would have to come out of his holiday entitlement normally. Very few companies are that sympathetic until they die, then some will give compassionate leave.

Alex, if the agency is being proactive it's because you are worth it and they know they have found a diamond that they can place! Good luck with the search, but also take care of your health at the moment as it can be a little bit like a roller coaster ride of emotions.

Daisy is 15 now and very able to help around the house but in the usual teenage ihateeveryone sullen way. She's out visiting a friend with a birthday gift at the moment but I can think of plenty of jobs for her to do later :D Molly is helping out at the local riding school this morning in exchange for a free lesson. I know I'll feel so much better later when they're all packed. There are clothes EVERYWHERE! I've just told Emily that if she shouts or growls at me one more time she'll be spending the week with the dogs in Weston Super Mare :mad: