UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

I've got my fingers crossed for you Alex. Maybe everything's fine but they just haven't had the time to let you know. I hope so anyway flowers.gif

I've just had my friend Dorothy here very distressed. One of her dog's, Kibbie, a Cavalier has just been helped over to the Bridge by the vet mecry.gif She had heart problems and wasn't able to come with us at New Year when we went to Scotland. She stayed behind with a very good friend of Dorothy's who has always been a second mum to Kibbie.

Anyway this week Kibbie has had no go in her and this morning couldn't even stand up to do a wee. Dorothy took her to the vet thinking they would just adjust her heart medication and was devastated when the vet told her her heart was failing and there was nothing more to be done. She was only 9 and the most loving and loveable of dogs wub.gif

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just rang the garage. It's failed on a few bits (seatbelt, plus number plate light, plus windscreen wipers). He's going to have a look at the SRS light after lunch to give me an idea on cost, but it's just an 'advise' at present. There are a couple of others as well, including slight corrosion on the brake pipe and something else to do with the brakes, but they aren't fails.

Wish he'd bloody hurry up - don't see the point in them offering me the first appointment at 8.30 if it they then leave it for hours without doing the sodding work rolleyes.gif

Sorry to hear about Kibbie Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Edited by merledogs

:GroupHug:

Well, OH has given me his bugs..very generous of him, I don't think! I could tolerate the bunged up/runny nose, the sneezing and the hot and cold feeling, but what's really annoyed me is that it's kicked my fibromyalgia off and my arms shoulders and thighs feel as if someone has been punching me! :angry: Stupid panic petrol buyers have run several of the petrol stations around here out of fuel, my daughter is in a panic as she and her OH were going down to Devon over Easter and now she's not sure if she'll be able to get enough petrol to get there and back. :unsure:

The bug is all around Derbyshire. I have a really bad throat this morning & feel achey & horrible & sick, but at least I don't have the fibro problem. Nipped out late yesterday eve to find some diesel, got some at Morrisons at Halfway after queueing a while. Good thing I did as was doing a short transport run tomorrow, and the hard-working transporter who was doing half the run had someone smash her fuel cap and drain the tank this morning. So it's now a longer run for me, Chesterfield to Wetherby tomorrow with a box of tissues to hand - achoo!

Hope nothing is too wrong with Henry car.

:GroupHug: Poor Dorothy, run free and well again little Kibbie. 9 is too young :mecry:

Edited by owl

Henry's home biggrin.gif It was only £102 including the MOT biggrin.gif I was imagining several hundreds of pounds! They fitted the new seatbelt, bulb and wipers. The SRS (air bag system) light which was on previously, and which I'd asked them to have a look at to see how much it would cost to fix, was no longer on (so assume it must have been something simple as they didn't charge me for it). The windscreen wipers used to make a really annoying noise when they were on - as if they were catching on something. The new wipers are shorter and don't make the noise any more biggrin.gif All in all a good result.

I can relax now and have a beer.

sorry to hear about kibbie :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Merledogs, the light probably just wanted resetting..... you only need a paperclip to do it :wink: if it happens again, google your make of car and it will more than likely be on youtube with a step by step guide.... takes about 2 minutes :biggrin:

Where is everybody? Don't tell me I'm the only one who hasn't got a life rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

I'm going to put the hot water on, dig over the border with some compost and plant out one or two Clematis and a Camellia, then I'm going to treat myself to a nice bath and a bit of a pamper.