UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garden Fred 2012

eve

I've spent the last couple of hours gardening cos the weather is supposed to be foul this afternoon.

I've removed the rest of the dwarf Rhodos from the front (there are twenty odd in total) and rejigged the border so eight of them are now planted out again. Some are in planters, another seven will be going in a new border (yet to be dug) out front and two indoor azaleas (which have been living outside) are yet to be decided.

I did get some strange looks off neighbours on their way to the paper shop early doors :D

• Like 1

It's in a planter Marion, so no reason why you can't :flowers:

Some more stuff which is flowering at the moment ...

Dwarf Lilac ...

P1000568.jpg

Clematis montana Rubens ...

P1000567.jpg

Clematis montana Grandiflora ...

P1000565-001.jpg

The two Clematis were just flowering when I bought them (fiver each from Mozzas, bargain cos they are about three times that price for the same size climbers at B&Q). One is next to the fence and one is by the pergola, so hopefully will smother than pretty soon. The Wisteria on the pergola isn't growing as fast as I had hoped, so this will give it all a 'greener' look in the spring/summer.

just looking on the b and q website and noticed there was a recall for a propagator so thought i would let people on here know in case they have bought one, the recall is

verve 42cm and verve 52cm propagator

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templates/content_lookup.jsp?content=/content/support/product_information/product_recall/product_recall_verve42.jsp&icamp=HP_recallmsg_42

I've mowed front and back lawns and watered the front garden from the water butt (good workout for the arm muscles lugging two full watering cans at a time). I've partly deadheaded the lilac but it's not quite finished flowering yet so will need doing later. I've also sprayed all four Elaeagnus with fungus control cos I am having real problems with a fungal infection.

Next job is to water a gazillion containers with the watering can med3d-arroser.gif

Have almost finished the front garden. I just need to decide on a tree for the circular raised area to the right and cover all the borders in bark chippings.

P1000704.jpg

• Like 2

Your rhodos are amazing Alex! I don't know what's happened to my shrubs this year...my rhodo buds went brown and fell off (frost?) and my dwarf lilac started coming out in bud, then they dried up and dropped off too. The only things that seem to be thriving are forget-me-nots, and blasted goose grass, that's everywhere! Oh, and my acer leaves came out beautifully, but now they are browning round the edges too. I seem to be blighted. :confused:

Your rhodos are amazing Alex! I don't know what's happened to my shrubs this year...my rhodo buds went brown and fell off (frost?) and my dwarf lilac started coming out in bud, then they dried up and dropped off too. The only things that seem to be thriving are forget-me-nots, and blasted goose grass, that's everywhere! Oh, and my acer leaves came out beautifully, but now they are browning round the edges too. I seem to be blighted. :confused:

I have exactly the same problems.

One rhoddie bush is flowering but several others still have green buds on them.

Two small ones had buds but they have gone brown.

My dwarf lilac had had buds on it for weeks but they are not progressing.

My acer was looking lovely and now the leaves have shrivelled up and fallen off like paper. I am hoping it will come away agin.

Everything in the garden seems to have stopped. I think the cold nights and cold soil have caused it. Even the weeds are not growing.

My strawberries were not doing anything until this week, when it has been a bit warmer, so they have started growing.

And yes, the Forget-me-nots are flourishing.

Here is a pic especially for Alex - a rhodo at mum and dad's house...

temporary-13.jpg

temporary-14.jpg

temporary-12.jpg

very nice.I love the colours.

My flowering one was mauve but due to hot sun yesterday and today- 32C in the shade, not bad for the north of Scotland- it is now pale mauve. The colour has bleached out.

The rest of the bushes are still just buds, not even showing colour.

Lovely :wub: Thanks Jayne :flowers:

I've still got a couple of Rhodos to come into flower. One of them's buds are just opening and the other is a way off yet (possibly because i moved it which has delayed it somewhat). I've got a mystery dwarf Rhodo flowering as well - not sure which one it is because I can't find the label. Will take pics later.