UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garden Fred 2012

eve

More pics from the garden ...

P1000774.jpg

P1000782.jpg

Rhododendron Van is just opening its first bloom ...

P1000779.jpg

Wisteria ...

P1000788.jpg

P1000789.jpg

I bought some bulbs last year but didn't get round to planting them out as early as I should, so when they started germinating in the box, I shoved them in some compost. The majority of them have grown lots of leaves but no flowers but I've had a random yellow flower pop up ...

P1000806.jpg

• Like 2

I've just noticed that the Wisteria I planted last year by the garage, which I thought hadn't flowered at all, has a few flowers on at one end :wub: Am thinking of moving it though, I think it's just going to be too big for the garage, but I'm not sure I've got anywhere to move it to. I may just have to leave it and prune it right back every year.

I've moved some big planters around with the aid of my trolley. I've now got two Rhododendrons just outside the patio doors (they might as well be where I can see them when they are flowering, rather than the other end of the garden). There's also a huge planter which my Acer was in which died, so I'm wondering what to plant in it.

Okay here's the setup. It's a north facing fence and will have a Clematis Armandii climbing over the trellis at the top this time next year (already planted in the border and will be trained across). I'm looking for a shrub/bush to put in the large planter which will compliment the Rhodos. It would be nice if it were summer flowering and fragrant. Preferably evergreen but if the plant is nice enough would consider deciduous.

I did wonder whether a nice fragrant rose would grow in that position, but probably way too shady.

Any suggestions?

P1000810.jpg

Is it the Aztec Pearl one? We've got a large one of those which I walk right past into the office in the morning and I can't smell it at all. The one I've bought is supposed to be fragrant and bloom twice a year, so am hoping it's not one of those you have to shove right up your nose to smell :rolleyes:

My Choisya arrived. Not as big as I thought it would be bit it's a lovely plant. Not sure I'm going to put it where I bought it for though :rolleyes: I may put one of my large leaved Rhodos there instead.

Rhododendron Van is flowering at the moment. She's big and blowsy and pink :wub:

P1000821.jpg

P1000828.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a baby Buddleia :smug-1:

What I mean is that I took a cutting off my Buddleia, dipped it in rooting hormone and shoved it in the compost next to the mother plant. I did this a couple of months ago and it's now got a decent root system, so I've potted it up. I've never grown a cutting before so am feeling quite pleased with myself :biggrin:

I've got Fuchsia cuttings growing on the kitchen windowsill as well, which I've swapped with a couple of others on my gardening forum. Quite pleased that they are all alive too.

Speaking of Fuchsias, quite a few of mine now have buds on the one is about to come into flower :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...