UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Garden Fred 2012

eve

• 2 weeks later...

Clematis Etoile Violette ...

P1010005.jpg

Patio rose bought from Morrisons for a few quid, which is four plants in the same pot. I'm going to split them in the Autumn ...

P1010011.jpg

Rose Gertrude Jekyll ...

P1000999.jpg

And another of Teasing Georgia, which is my current fave :wub:

P1010018.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your blooms are all loverleeee!

I have laurel bushes that need planting - I was donated some but can't use them all - feel so bad for the ones that aren't planted but I have run out of room and no one wants them!!!!

Baby Girl is getting married September 2013 and wants lots of sweetpeas. That is the florists problem but I thought I may try to grow some. They are still flowering in the allotments across the road from me so intend to plant some next spring and give her a vase full as long as poss till the wedding. My birthday is in March so I will ask for trellis for the garden........

Have you tried eBay Loo or Freecycle?

Or do you have an area of your patio which could do with some screening from neighbours? The fence down the side of the house isn't quite high enough and the neighbours can see into my kitchen when they stand on their lawn, which is raised, so I've planted some hedging plants in containers so they can grow higher than the fence and provide some screening.

P1010141.jpg

I tried freecycle but gave up. Was a nightmare to join and when I got there the natives didn't look too friendly tbh.

Containers is a good idea. I've got places where I can put those. Silly, but I just don't want them to die!!

That's my bank holiday job then!!

Thank you! :)

I got buckets - big orange buckets for £1.50 each!! I just have to put some hole in the bottom for drainage and hopefully the shrubs will be happy in those for a while!!

Maybe if I leave them at the front of the house somebody will 'move' them!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some more pics of my roses wub2.gif

Rosa Mutabilis - was looking rather poorly when she arrived and now rewarding me for nursing her back to health ...

P1010186.jpg

Sceptre'd Isle, Princess Alexandra of Kent and Lady Emma Hamilton ...

P1010188.jpg

Princess Alexandra of Kent and Lady Emma Hamilton ...

P1010197.jpg

Unnamed patio rose ...

P1010204.jpg

P1010207.jpg

Jude the Obscure - promising much but not delivering as yet ...

P1010201.jpg

One of the Buddleia cuttings I took earlier in the year is flowering ...

P1010215.jpg

wub2.gif