UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Its a good idea our recyling, basically you dump broken stuff electrical etc in skips and working stuff and good furniture goes in another area. Its all free but some people are spoiling it as they grab loads of stuff then ebay it or sell it on facebook. I only take stuff i need and today was exceptional with the sheer amount i got :laugh: I love going there and most times 'shop' for other people, for instance a few months ago i got some lovely furniture for my eldest daughters friends who were flat sharing and basically had nothing. They were thrilled with the stuff which even included brand new cutlery set still sealed in its box :wacko:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to live near a tip like that in Llanarth. All usable things were put in a separate area.I got furniture and all sorts from there, and I got a beautiful framed print from the Carmarthen tip while the tip men looked the other way as it's not encouraged there.

Bolsover tip here does pull usable things out, but at Worksop there are cctv cameras everywhere to make sure no one helps themselves to anything anyone has thrown out.

Two bits of good news today - big one being ....... I do NOT have cancer :biggrin: the consultant isn't sure what my rash is but he is sure its NOT Pagets disease :biggrin: I have to have a nipple biopsy (bet thats gonna sting) to find out what it is, he suspects some form of eczema or allergy but its not exactly like eczema or an allergy rash so he wants it tested. While there he also checked on my skin cancer patches, pronounced 1 of them a scar not cancer, t'other 2 are totally benign as they have not changed in over 20 years so carry on as normal ignoring them unless they ever change. :biggrin:

The other bit of good news came from my mum, she has been almost totally blind in 1 eye with macular degeneration (AMD) she has it in both eyes one dry one wet, however in the past few days shes noticed her vision in that eye returning!! She says she can now see almost fully out of that eye with just a tiny bit of a spot in the centre of the eye as AMD doesn't just fix itself (if anything it gets progressively worse) we can only assume its a positive side effect of her chemotherapy. :biggrin:

How wonderful to have a whole heap of good news to throw in the air and watch it gently settle on you

Morning :tired:

Well we're back home. Have had some games with the boys and their balls. Dad was having a down day which is to be expected when he's been stuck in hosp for a month and can't do anything much with his hands. He doesn't do TV. My IBS has kicked off. Took a while I'll say that for it.

San :GroupHug:

Michelle - hope your IBS improves and pleased that your washing machine worked flowers.gif

I have to get Polly's ashes back from the vet next week, but I expect someone will collect them for me as vet is not too far away. I do miss her little double bark "arf arf!" and it feels so strange not having a little-ish dog.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : My right shoulder, which was just about better from last weekend rolleyes.gif is now hurty again cos of all the lifting yesterday. On the positive side, the fence is still up but looks like a Frankenfence, so I will need to paint it to make it look a bit neater.

Edited by merledogs

:wavey: morning

That recycling centre sounds fab!

Hope your IBS calms down Michelle :flowers:

:GroupHug: for your hurty shoulder Alex

On Friday one of the lads at work was playing around and he picked me up and squeezed me but he squeezed too tight and hurt my side under my arm. It's so painful :mecry: I can't move or lift anything and I'm tempted to go slap him round the head!!! My Mother hasn't been out of bed because I can't get her up :(

Steph - go to A&E or doctors at least please flowers.gif

I've walked the dogs, repaired the external seal on the patio doors, been up on the flat roof and repaired some cracks in the roofing felt and swept the drive. I am going to have to re-felt at least part of the flat roof, and really ought to do all of it. The more jobs I do, the more jobs I find to do rolleyes.gif I couldn't find the hole where the wasps went in to block that up because basically where the higher part of the flat roof overhangs the lower one, the brickwork is exposed along most of the length but I can't get underneath to get at it.

I've also laid another paving stone for my new path, which makes a total of two laugh.gif Just another 9 to go.

Off to Google "how to recover a flat roof".

If it's not a cracked rib,, it is possible I think to dislodge the cartledge, and that can be just as painful. Best get it checked huh?

Feeling really negative today - fed up with OH dragging me down with his negative attitude - for example, told him I'd suggested #1 son look at lock smith apprenticeships - his response was 'he'll never do it'........ I really wonder why I bother. I had a dream the other day that I married my 1st fiance and was blissfully happy - his response - but you're happy now! He was telling me how I felt!! He wasn't listening... :mecry:

Afternoon tis warmer out there & drizzling today. Martyn is fixing a leaking tap and I've sawn in half a big wooden trellis type thing that did divide part of the garden up until it finally rotted and the wind blew it over the other night. So that will now be easier to move and get rid of. Sadly it took a clematis and a rose with it.

Clearing out some old stuff and tidying/cleaning bits up in the house.

Steph I also think you need to go to A & E :GroupHug:

Fran sorry to hear that. :GroupHug:

Edited by Jacobean

My word Alex you're braver than I! You wouldn't find me on a roof!

:GroupHug: Fran

I couldn't face A&E so I called NHS direct and they said its possibly just bruised and to take ibruprofen if it's no better in a few days to go to my doctor. My sister has come round to sort my Mother out so I've propped myself up with pillows and don't plan on moving for a while.

Fran Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Michelle I keep meaning to send you a great big Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif as you are having such a pants time of it but my wandering memory often wanders so far it forgets it's way home. Please consider yourself hugged now! I do think of you often and hope things are soon on the up.

I have started on the Tramadol that was prescribed by the strange doctor at the pain clinic afore Christmas. It's got me zonked out as well as making me confuddled (well that's my story and I'm sticking to it rolleyes.gif)

I have sat on the side of my bed in the early hours for the last two nights weeping with the pain of my hips, back and now my right knee. I have a rash on my right foot and my left foot and ankle have ballooned up despite me taking a water tablet. I would like to start making a recovery soon.

Steph have you done anything about your crush pain yet? Do I have to come down there to smack your arse and chase you to the doctors or A&E? Ah, just noticed that you have rung NHS direct so I will let you off laugh.gif

Edited by Yantan