UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPS are supposed to come today to collect my faulty mobile and send it for repair. Of course it's too much to hope they could give me even a rough time to expect them, so I'm going to have to stay in all day and Rosie won't get a walk! Why are companies like this? :angry: I've already had an argument with them over the phone as they insisted that a delivery label was put through my door on Monday, and I'm adamant that it wasn't. What's the betting they'll go to the same house they delivered that to...in other words the wrong bloody house?

We arent that bad in Cardiff Snow :mecry: Have you thought of looking in Caerphilly. Reasonably priced and easy access to A470/M4 for any commute.

This week is sooo dragging :rolleyes:

LOL I know you aren't hubby's from Grangetown (tho he'd say Canton lol) - its more that I get all "bumpkin" in a city - I have lived my whole life in either a village or smallish town - I worked in Cardiff including central Cardiff for over 12 years I'm just not sure I'd settle in "the big city" plus what we can afford to buy and what we want to buy means we would be looking in quite built up areas, Ely (big NO from us both although I have seen a nice house on Grand Ave I would consider but hubby won't) Llanrumney/Rhumney (been warned off that area) Fairwater or Gabalfa.

I lived in Caerphilly when I was young (my brother was born there) I like the area but 3 bed semis in our price range tend to be Hengoed way or to the north of Caerphilly, one of the things we are both keen to avoid is having to use Coryton roundabout at rush hour - we did that for many many years and we are in no hurry to do it again.

The areas in Cardiff you mentioned are a bit umm rough lol although there are so nice part of Rumney. I can understand about wanting to avoid Coryton at rush hour. I have family who live in Newton and Porthcawl and they seem to be quite nice areas.

Day is still dragging!!

Rant alert:

Rude neighbour who I thought I was getting on with, and who said she liked having us here and was pleased the horses had eaten all the weeds, has suddenly declared war. Yesterday Wispa was outside and I heard her bark at a passing horse, but then she started really kicking off & didn't stop so I went out to see what was going on. Neighbour was standing at bottom of drive with hands on hips glaring at her aggressively & winding her up, and said "Is that your dog?" Strange question, she knows that perfectly well. She complained that her husband could not get his afternoon rest which he has between 2 & 4 because of the noise. I said I would bring Wispa in and would respect her husband's needs. Then she said quite crossly, "What's the matter with you" staring at my rather grubby dressing gown. When I explained she was a bit mollified and asked if there was anything she could do. Thought that was it, but no. She has just had a go at Becky and said she is calling in Environmental Health to report us for keeping 5 horses on a tiny patch of land, also complaining about the muck heap which will attract rats. We have agreed to move the muck heap which doesn't attract rats as it's only horse poo and nothing else. We aren't shifting the mini horses. 5 minis eat less and produce less than one big horse. They are very quiet, and don't even call to passing horses. Becky told me not to worry about Environmental people, she knows most of them as they went to uni with her, and they are sensible.

Edited by owl

Bad luck Phebe, you always get one and you had to be living next door to her! She wants to consider herself lucky she hasn't got my neighbour's dog next door, she barks for at least two hours a night, usually until about 1am or sometimes even later :rolleyes: Anyway, I doubt environmental health would find anything odd about horses in a field...in the country...different if you were in a flat and they were on the balcony.

Hope your leg is mending and not too painful.

UPS just came and collected my phone, yay! now..how long before I get it back, I wonder?