UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning all flowers.gif

This is my first time on t'internet since Christmas morning. I spent Chrissy day at my aunt's and had great fun. We were quizzing all afternoon and didn't switch the telly on until 9pm for Downton. Did I tell you that my friend's grand-daughter played the part of Lavinia Swire in the last series?

I think I am going to make turkey soup today.

Had a lovely day with Nick & Vicky & Bruno yesterday poor old Vicky had to endure Nick & I being very competitive playing Star Trek Scene It (Nicks pressie to me :biggrin: ) followed by having to watch The Ospreys vs Scarlets rugby match mind you I did get her a Rugby WAGs book to give her something to do while we all slagged each others teams and players off :laugh: shows how much Nick and I are "in tune" though without either one of us having any clue what we were getting each other we each bought the other one a Star Trek trivia game (different ones) :laugh: problem is that neither one of us is going to be able to persuade our other halves to play them with us :wacko: :laugh:

Managed to prepare all the veg last night ready for todays Xmas dinner and tomorrows bubble & squeak, Turkey is all done and I even had some home made stock in the freezer which I'll use for the gravy - I really can't beleive I have been that flipping organised :wacko:

now be realistic....as a Rhodedendrom addict nothing we say will stop you from getting more, you're like an animal hoarder excepet your addiction is plants

:laugh: :laugh:

Hope the Merly dawgs are feeling better now. :wub:

Hope your dad fells better today Michelle :flowers:

Morning :flowers:

Lovely sunny day here, so we're off to the allotment to do a few jobs. I collected my seed order at the weekend, and there are garlic bulbs that need to go in asap. :biggrin: Will also make a path out of cardboard, (might stop us sliding all over the place!). I do have too many onion sets though, as I ordered two varieties, so if anyone fancies growing some, give me a shout and I'll pop some in the post. Don't need planting till Feb I believe. (I have 300) :ohno02:

Morning

Pleased your troop are feeling better today Alex :flowers:

Staying at home all day today (apart from walkies) and can't say I'm sorry. Having a day off from hospital visits and feel I can finally get stuff done round the house and kick back a bit.

Thanks for asking Marge. Dad is on a bit of a downer at the moment as stepmum hasn't been to see him over Xmas, skeleton staff on at the hospital, all those he could talk to have gone home so he's been stuck back in the ward with the seriously ill who aren't up to talking, is horribly constipated and has had no physiotherapy so "feels like a rat in a trap". Keeps complaining that things haven't been done then when we speak to the nurses they have so feeling a bit narked with him. Stepmum had a go at one of the nurses the other night and I'm miffed about that. She has utterly peed me off the last week or so.

Edited by Jacobean

Glad the merledogs are feeling better :flowers:

Enjoy your day off Michele :flowers: :GroupHug:

I'm knackered today, I didn't even drink over Christmas but I still feel hungover. I took the dogs out and all they looked at me like I was nuts when I threw the ragger across the field, so we came home and got back in bed :tired:

Michelle - sending positive thoughts for your dad Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I've been to Dunelm Mill. Wasn't too bad but I drove past the Trafford Centre on the way and it was rammed. I went to look at curtains and came back with some steps, some key tassels, cotton and a seam unpicker, plus a bird feeding station which I picked up from B&Q on the way back rolleyes.gif

Just saw on FB that my colleague was busily working from home this morning, until someone pointed out to her at 12.45 that it was a bank holiday laugh.gif

Morning all flowers.gif

This is my first time on t'internet since Christmas morning. I spent Chrissy day at my aunt's and had great fun. We were quizzing all afternoon and didn't switch the telly on until 9pm for Downton. Did I tell you that my friend's grand-daughter played the part of Lavinia Swire in the last series?

Spooky, just watching Downton having Sky+ it, and just as I was reading your post, guess who they were talking about!

Morning :tired:

Back to work today. Having said that' I'm working from home so I just need to make sure I'm available.

I logged on to check my work emails this morning as I've had the email function on my BB turned off. Someone had inadvertently replied to an email to all employees re changes in our procedures, telling the sender that they'd missed them. There followed over 80 emails from various other employees saying things like "I don't know you but I missed you too" laugh.gif I thought it was funny, but not so sure the MD and the rest of the Board will laugh.gif

RMF : Mia has had Cystitis on and off for over a year now, bless her. She's got to the point where she can't hold herself overnight. She goes in one place so if I leave her in the living room I have to pick up the dog bed and put a towel down so she can pee on that, which I can then shove into the washing machine. I started her on Cranberry extract a couple of days ago and she's been clean overnight biggrin.gif Max, however, has pee'd inside for the first time in ages rolleyes.gif Sod's bluddy law.