UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Orations

merledogs

Your wasp was lucky it found you Alex..I'd have squashed it!

Hope the Owlvan makes it through the MOT Owl...I had every intention of phoning you this past week to see if we could meet up as I had the car available but you know what they say about good intentions and the road to hell! :rolleyes:

Please cross your fingers for our lovely Dylan, he's developed a lump on his shoulder, about the size of a pea at present but it's definitely growing quickly. OH is taking him to the vet at 2 to have it looked at, I'm praying it's not a mast cell tumour.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno about the road to hell but on Sat I was stuck in jams on the A6 going into Stockport which must surely be a strong contender for that title! Last week was mental anyway.

Everything crossed for Dylan's lump being nothing much.

Thinking good thoughts for lumps and bumps.

Went to Drs this morning - been suffering with 'tingling' on my face and scalp for just over a week, now a large 'spot' has come up on my eyebrow (no I haven't been plucking my eyebrows ;))it might be Shingles :( I have ABs to kill off any infection that may be there, but any changes I've got to go straight back as you don't want to mess with Opthalmic Shingles apparently..... :mecry:

Evening

Big hugs everyone and hope you're all doing better very soon. Scared to mention individuals incase I skip one somehow :GroupHug:

Still raining. Got out of the office for an hour this afternoon chasing around for a missing receipt from a shop. Got stuck in heavy traffic but it passed the time. It was a fools errand as the information given to me wasn't right so the shop couldn't find it :rolleyes:

I've discovered Jordan's Absolute nut. Delish. They won't agree with me but what the hell.

Naughty wasp Alex and clearly I'm right to be scared of em. Hope your cellulitis has cleared up now. :GroupHug:

The rest of this week (in the evenings anyway) is revision revision revision. Can't say I'm looking forward to next Monday.

Can't seem to get out of the gloom following nephew's death but I guess there is nothing that can be done about that.

The good news is Scoobs coat (I think) is in the depot awaiting collection tomorrow.

Edited by Jacobean

quote name='Jazz' timestamp='1318268188' post='927255']

trudy is at the vets tomorrow, think her bladder stones are back

:GroupHug:

We stayed here Finlaystone estate Michelle.

That looks great :flowers:

The owlvan is going for new wiper motor plus MOT tomorrow

Fingers crossed for Owlvan :flowers:

Please cross your fingers for our lovely Dylan, I'm praying it's not a mast cell tumour.

Fingers crossed here :flowers:

been suffering with 'tingling' on my face and scalp for just over a week, it might be Shingles :

:GroupHug:

Can't seem to get out of the gloom following nephew's death but I guess there is nothing that can be done about that.

The good news is Scoobs coat (I think) is in the depot awaiting collection tomorrow.

Sorry about the gloom and hope Scoobs coat comes tomorrow :flowers:

Glad the house is sold Andrea :flowers:

:GroupHug: for all who need them.

We had a nice break last week, albeit loads of travelling. The B&b in Blackpool as quite good fun and it was good to catch up on the last four years with our friends :biggrin: We stayed with them near Kilmarnock and then stopped off at Girvan on the way home. It's where my dad grew up and where he and my mum lived when they were newlyweds. Beautiful beach there too. Feels strange being back at work again, there's so much I want to do at home. :rolleyes:

The hounds at Blackpool

56a442c0.jpg

on the beach at Girvan, Ailsa Craig in the background.

3a6064ff.jpg

Edited by houndzrus

K9Fran..do be careful if that is shingles, a neighbour of mine ended up in hospital with shingles on her face that affected her eyes. :flowers:

Took Dylan to the vets this morning to have his lump taken off...the vet says that as he's previously had two histiocytomas on his foot, there is a fair chance this will be another although it's on his shoulder, but he also said that histios are usually found in young dogs and Dylan isn't that young now, also that histios and mast cell tumours are related and it can mean a bigger chance that this could be a mast cell. I hope they dont take too long at the lab, I hate having to wait for results for things.

Vet phoned at 1.30..could I pick Dylan up, he was very anxious to get out of his kennel! I have a very drowsy lurcher who just about managed to get onto the settee, with a big bare patch and a line of stitches on his shoulder (all for a lump the size of a large pea) and a fetching pink bandage on his leg where they put a line in! Bless him! :laugh: The bill made me wince, just hope the insurance will cough up alright. We have to wait a week or so to find out whether it's benign or not...fingers crossed for benign. I've lost too many dogs over my lifetime, it's too soon to contemplate another one.