UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Orations

merledogs

Gooster Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Walked the mutts, shampoo'd some more carpet. Turns out the strong pee smell was on the carpet after all, one one corner of it which stank. Don't know why I didn't smell that bit yesterday when I was on my hands and knees sniffing the carpet rolleyes.gif It looks like Max and/or Timmy have been peeing on the leather pouffe thingy, some of which has absorbed into the leather and some of which has gone onto the carpet. It's gone right through the carpet so the underside stinks. I turned the corner over and scrubbed the underside, then rinsed, then put it the right way again, scrubbed some more, rinsed some more, shampoo'd some more with the Bissell and rinsed again. It still smells, but not nearly as bad as before. I have sprayed it with white vinegar to see if that helps, but am going to do some Googling to see if there is anything else I can try (on other rugs I've used white vinegar, bicarb, mixture of both, biological washing powder. Anybody got any other suggestions? flowers.gif

Could you leave the corner of the rug steeping in a solution of white vinegar and water to allow it to soak right into the fabric. Then rinse and hang up to dry- preferably outside.

When I competed in obedience I used to leave my scent cloth hanging out all night as the dew is supposed to destroy scent. Might work with the rug.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit too nippy to put the rug outside unfortunately, besides which it's been raining on and off laugh.gif

I've sprayed lots of white vinegar on and put a towel on top, so fingers crossed.

RMF : I've just treated myself to a new pair of welliebobs. I don't like wearing the full length ones and my short ones (Muck Boot Ribble) split on the top ages ago so I am in need of a new pair. I bought these ones ...

Evening.

Tonight I will mostly be bah humbug-ing at strange children knocking on my door and sending the dogs into a frenzy angry.gif Why oh why do parents let their kids go and knock on strangers' doors? If nothing else it's bluddy dangerous, not to mention very annoying. I wouldn't mind, but the ones we've had round tonight (I didn't answer) banged on the door for ages and tried looking through the letter box several times. Thankfully I've got a curtain across the front door so they can't see in, cheeky sods dry.gif

Evening

We don't get kidlets knocking round ours because we live in a spooky house lol. We have a path that leads down the side of our house to the front and it's really dark. We do have a security light but it's still scary :laugh: All the trees and hedges make it worse.

Martyn buys treats every year just incase but they have never knocked since I've lived here and that's been 13 years. Such a shame that all that choc has to be eaten.

My tutor has marked the assignment already. Only sent it off last night. So feel I should start the next one now.

Evening :wavey:

Been for my new patient checkup at my new doctors today. On the way home my back was aching where my kidneys are. Anyway when she did a dipstick test, she thinks I have a water infection :rolleyes: Am very impressed so far, really friendly staff and appointment availability is brilliant :)

New doc sounds very promising Gooster!

I've had hordes of kids round this evening, but the littlies all had their mums or dads hovering behind them..the ten or eleven year olds were on their own, but in groups so quite safe. I got a phone call at about 7.30..my little grandson (he's nearly 3) told me he'd seen lots of monsters but he wasn't scared! Apparently the girls coming round thought he was really cute and wanted to take him round with them, but his dad said next year maybe. :rolleyes:

No visitors here this eve, we are too far out in the sticks as well as being behind a locked gate.

We went for a walk in the woods nr Linacre resrvoir outside Chesterfield this morning, noting impressive fungi of many different species, and Wispa gave me a horrendous shock by leaping up a mossy stone wall and devouring a group of large round pale yellow fungi which were clustered at the top. I quickly grabbed a piece of one before it vanished into her greedy gob, and was relieved to find it was a very common and edible species, the Individual Yorkshire Pudding :laugh: It was very exciting to see them living wild and free (though not for long) instead of frozen in the supermarket. They must have migrated across the border and started forming colonies in Derbyshire.

First fieldfare arrived this morning :unsure: winter is here.

Morning :tired: Been awake since before 4 :tired:

Speaking of fungi, I've got some mushrooms growing in my front border unsure.gif

RMQ : Is it just me, or does everyone else have lots of flies in the house at the moment? They drive the dogs (and me) crazy. Timmy's scared of them so if they are in the bedroom I have to hunt them down and kill them, then show him the body so he knows they're dead rolleyes.gif