UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Hello chaps.

I met some lovely greyhounds on the RGT stand at Bramham Horse Trials yesterday :wub:

We had just got off the minibus so I managed to drag the whole group with me and most of them put some change in the collecting tins and then listened to me banging on about pointy dogs. The people manning the stand were disappointing though, they were making no attempt to draw passers-by over, they seemed to spend the day just sitting there with their arms folded, looking grim. One bloke walked up and put some money in the tin and they didn't even say thanks or acknowledge him. So sad to see such a missed opportunity to show horsey/dog people what great pets pointy dogs make :(

I think you could start a new trend on the Lotty! :laugh:

Dress with wellies? :laugh: At least I won't get a burnt builders bum!! .

Lunchtime and I'm still in my dressing gown laugh.gif

Thats a nice change for you Alex. glad to hear you are chilling for a change. :flowers:

Went to the pub for a pre lunchtime drink and was (as my USA friends say) " over-served". I'm in no state to do anything much. I think a snooze is required. :laugh:

:biggrin: What a great Sunday.

Jules, shame about the missed opportunity but at least you made an effort. :flowers:

Alicia, can't you use it as a dog sofa? :biggrin: Or put it on Freecycle if you want rid of it.

I have been to the allotment today for a couple of hours. Oh dear!! Why do weeds never have a problem growing like veg and plants do! :rolleyes:

I have made a bit of a dent in it but think I might be ordering one of those hoes that Marge mentioned. Blisters and backache! Hubby had already cut our back hedges this morning so he was having an afternoon off gardening.

I had decided to try my relatively new food processor again to make some coleslaw salad. The bl*ddy thing ended up in bits! The blade came off and smashed the lid and the spindle despite that fact its not supposed to work unless locked on! :mad: It was about £80 and I am not very pleased!! It may be that I loaded the blade wrong though I fail to see how else it could be loaded but the instructions are diabolical. Customer service will be getting an email/call tomorrow. Its only the 3rd time I have used it. :(

I met some lovely greyhounds on the RGT stand at Bramham Horse Trials yesterday :wub:

We had just got off the minibus so I managed to drag the whole group with me and most of them put some change in the collecting tins and then listened to me banging on about pointy dogs. The people manning the stand were disappointing though, they were making no attempt to draw passers-by over, they seemed to spend the day just sitting there with their arms folded, looking grim. One bloke walked up and put some money in the tin and they didn't even say thanks or acknowledge him. So sad to see such a missed opportunity to show horsey/dog people what great pets pointy dogs make :(

Funnily enough, I've just been looking at some dogs on the RGT web site. The description of the dog varies hugely from "Nice looking dog, will make a good pet" to full description of size, character, home experience, what they are like with small dogs etc. The really sad ones are those who have been in kennels for ages and they can't say what they are like with other dogs let alone cats or children. There seems to be a huge difference in attitude between branches.

Makes you wonder why the people you saw bothered to spend the day there though :ohmy:

The people manning the stand were disappointing though, they were making no attempt to draw passers-by over, they seemed to spend the day just sitting there with their arms folded, looking grim. One bloke walked up and put some money in the tin and they didn't even say thanks or acknowledge him. So sad to see such a missed opportunity to show horsey/dog people what great pets pointy dogs make :(

What a wasted opportunity :(

I have been to the allotment today for a couple of hours. Oh dear!! Why do weeds never have a problem growing like veg and plants do! :rolleyes:

I have made a bit of a dent in it but think I might be ordering one of those hoes that Marge mentioned. Blisters and backache! Hubby had already cut our back hedges this morning so he was having an afternoon off gardening.

I had decided to try my relatively new food processor again to make some coleslaw salad. The bl*ddy thing ended up in bits! The blade came off and smashed the lid and the spindle despite that fact its not supposed to work unless locked on! :mad: It was about £80 and I am not very pleased!! It may be that I loaded the blade wrong though I fail to see how else it could be loaded but the instructions are diabolical. Customer service will be getting an email/call tomorrow. Its only the 3rd time I have used it. :(

Quote Sale of Goods Act - it sounds like it's neither Fit for Purpose or Satisfactory Quality (both of which are requirements of SOGA). If you need a hand writing snotty email quoting relevant sections let me know flowers.gif

Re the weeds, once the ground is cleared in the borders, I just keep an eye out and spray any new shoots coming through periodically, which saves a lot of pulling up. You can make your own weedkiller with white vinegar and clove oil, there are other recipes too flowers.gif

RMF : I've had a very lazy day today, just reading and pootling and napping.

Went grooming this morning and was thinking of going on a group dog walk this afternoon but weather looked quite threatening. My friend rang and persuaded me to go to local dog show for an hour instead. Louie won waggiest tail and second in best trick. Rain thakfully held out and we had quite a relaxed afternoon.

quote name='Jacobean' timestamp='1307283060' post='923303'

Have been chopping back hedge and pulling up weeds in the rain but have had to admit defeat as it's raining heavily now. Having Ryvita with dairylea and a coffee then will tackle the kitchen

Hope you can manage to chill out a bit tonight. :flowers:

quote name='Spins4me' timestamp='1307285122' post='923304'

Went to the pub for a pre lunchtime drink and was (as my USA friends say) " over-served". I'm in no state to do anything much. I think a snooze is required.

a snooze is definitely what's needed. :flowers:

quote name='JulesB' timestamp='1307287171' post='923307'

disappointing though, they were making no attempt to draw passers-by over, they seemed to spend the day just sitting there with their arms folded, looking grim.

What a shame :(

Dress with wellies? :laugh: At least I won't get a burnt builders bum!! .

I have been to the allotment today for a couple of hours. Oh dear!! Why do weeds never have a problem growing like veg and plants do!

I had decided to try my relatively new food processor again to make some coleslaw salad. The bl*ddy thing ended up in bits! The blade came off and smashed the lid and the spindle despite that fact its not supposed to work unless locked on!

I think I will definitely try wearing a dress up the lotty :laugh:

We have marestail on our lotty and i'm sure that, by the time we've weeded up to the tp, it has started growing again down the other end! :wacko:

Hope you get a new processor :liebe94:

RMF : I've had a very lazy day today, just reading and pootling and napping.

Sounds like a good way to spend the day. :thumbsup_anim:

Louie won waggiest tail and second in best trick. Rain thakfully held out and we had quite a relaxed afternoon.

well done Louie :wub_anim:

I have managed to de-stress over the weekend and hope i can get through this week with renewed resolve.

You can make your own weedkiller with white vinegar and clove oil, there are other recipes too

I didn't know this. Will give it a try. It can do too much harm to the veggies. :flowers:

I think I will definitely try wearing a dress up the lotty :laugh:

We have marestail on our lotty and i'm sure that, by the time we've weeded up to the tp, it has started growing again down the other end! :wacko:

I have managed to de-stress over the weekend and hope i can get through this week with renewed resolve.

Maybe we could start a new trend! :biggrin:

We have marestail too. Lots of it! We are supposed to dig it out at the roots and burn it. Not allowed to put on the composting or lotty weed dump. I only found this out today.... oops! We also have some really horrible white root creepy stuff that is taking over and was climbing my tree and through the greenhouse. Not any more!! :devil: At the moment all that has survived is beetroot, carrots, a few onions, potatoes and I cant remember if its broccoli or sprouts :rolleyes: I have pulled loads of thistles out and dandelions and various other creepy things. Just enough to give the veggies some breathing space for now. Will go down in the week if I get chance. So glad I didnt take on a whole plot now! :laughingsmiley:

Well done Amy and Louie :wub:

Edited by safneo

Hello chaps.

It does make a difference doesn't it we went to the Birchwood Carnival and Merseyside RGT are very good (although I'm not a supporter of the RGT as a whole being Anti racing)- they are very pro active - tell you the good and bad about greyhounds and each individual dog- they all really work hard.

Was going to follow up that with a cheery post about going to Birchwood Carnival and our dogs in the Merseyside RGT dog show

Tully got 2nd in Handsomest male and Best Rescue.

Sorda got 1st in Best rescue

and Susie got 1st in Best Veteran.

But it feels :mecry: now as I've just had my niece on the phone- my nephew was badly beaten up last night, fractured cheek bone, concussion were the few phrases that went into my stunned brain. :mad: :( :ohmy:

Poor lad, get well soon :GroupHug: Has anyone been caught/arrested for the attack?

Well done to your dogs and to Louie.

I have done a transport run and am rather the worse for wear. :huh: Glad to be safely back home.