UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Alicia, thats awful!! Can you contact the PALS rep and see if they can ensure that there isnt a repeat. :GroupHug:

Alex, glad the noise was bearable. I wonder if someone has been round to have a word? Take it easy this evening and give your back a rest. :flowers:

Jayne, is there no chance of you cherry picking your clients? :GroupHug:

MB, glad you got your needles. I think we need pictures of your garden. I ddon't recall seeing any. :biggrin:

I have mentioned our non existent neighbour before who has had the half rent/half bought house for about 4 yrs now. :rolleyes: Well we have had a droning noise coming from there for about 2 weeks now and its pretty annoying, especially when in bed as you can hear it quite clearly. We went round yesterday and its really loud outside the front door and the windows are vibrating! :unsure: As I have no contact info for her we have just found the name of the Housing Association so we can phone them on Monday about it. In the meantime I caught hold of a policeman earlier this morning who was arresting someone down the street. :rolleyes: He was going to ring me about it when he got back to the station. I am still awaiting............. :(

RMF, I have bought two maxi dresses. Not conducive to dog walking or allotment visits but never mind! :laugh:

:GroupHug:

Are you anywhere near N Herts? I'm sure my glasses need changing,

Hope you're feeling better today.

:GroupHug:

Thanks, had a much better day today, still not great on the number of patients who bought spex, but I had a laugh and a joke with most of my patients today, which made the day better!! I am in Manchester unfortunately, so a bit far from Herts :)

I can't cherry pick my patients as it is frowned upon by everyone (including the senior optometrist, but she will make up some magical senior optometrist task to do to mean she doesn't have to do the patients who are unlikely to buy :rolleyes: :angry: )

Ray's Dad has finally his dialysis- after the fiasco yesterday, we thought it was going to be repeated today as they prepped him at 05:00 this morning :ohmy: - but he had his catheter fitted about 1hr ago and we've just got a text saying that it was all going ahead. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_still:

Thanks to everybody for their good wishes and hugs.

MB, glad you got your needles. I think we need pictures of your garden. I ddon't recall seeing any. :biggrin:

Great minds think alike :laugh: After I posted I went out and took some pictures with my phone, Now I find that what with the move and everything (yeah, that old excuse) I can't find the do-hicky to download them onto the PC. Will have to wait till DB comes home and quiz him - with malice aforethought if he can't find it!! :angry:

I've been trying to prise the stump of the pampas grass up by the roots, but it's having none of it. If I don't kill it, it's gonna keep coming back, so am off to B&Q when it opens to get some stump killer. I seem to spend half my life either in garden centres or in the garden rolleyes.gif

I overdid it yesterday so am going to take it fairly easy today. Could do with less rain though, can it stop now please and come back later, thank you.

As per usual my tiny little brain got sidetracked - I started clearing the top patio, then decided that the Pampas Grass against the back fence had to go so I ended up chopping that down.

I know the feeling :biggrin:

RMF, I have bought two maxi dresses. Not conducive to dog walking or allotment visits but never mind!

I think you could start a new trend on the Lotty! :laugh:

I can't cherry pick my patients as it is frowned upon by everyone (including the senior optometrist, but she will make up some magical senior optometrist task to do to mean she doesn't have to do the patients who are unlikely to buy

Very frustrating :GroupHug:

Ray's Dad has finally his dialysis-

Great news :biggrin:

Morning :flowers:

Thanks for the good thougts Re my job. i might start a thread as there's a bit too much for RMF.

I spent all of yesterday weeding the whole of the allotment. Didn't intend to, but it was quite addictive. i did remember to keep topping up the sunscreen, but last night discovered that, with all the kneeling and bending, I had caught the sun on my lower back, just above the waistband of my jeans! Tis very red, but I don't know why I didn't feel it burn during the day. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

how do I get rid of the 'stuff happening' bit at the top? is there a cross I cant see, or are we stuck with it lol

It's been there a long time now. I can't get rid of it either.

I've just had my second breakfast.

Breakfast 1: mug of hot water with a slice of lemon, homemade muesli with semi skimmed milk ( how healthy was that?)

Breakfast 2: mug of fruit tea, one nectarine, two bars of chocolate ( started off withbgood intentions but it was following an hour and a half's dog training - that 's my excuse) :laughingsmiley:

how big were the bars of chocolate :rolleyes:

ive just cleared the carp off of the conservatory set we have never sat on in the 8 years ive had it. its always been full of 'something'

its not to sit on, its to get rid of,so if you want it, shout, im in harlow. the cushions are all hand made. and my tush has never connected with them lol

might just sit on it, realise how ruddy comfy it is and want to keep it lol

no, must get rid........