UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Evening. Didn't get home til 7.30 tonight as wanted to finish something off.

Pleased everyone's appointments have gone well.

I'm a book person too. I still like to go to record shops too but sadly there isn't so much music around in them these days.

Had to calm Ray down after a visit to his Dad today- he (Ray's Dad) was suppose to get a catheter today and start his 1st session of Dialysis- so the didn't let him have anything to eat or drink after 20:00 (he's on restricted liquid due to his kidneys) - Ray and his brother arrive at 14:00 to find him feeling ill with a headache - no catheter and no information- finally at 16:00 the surgeon phoned the nurses station to say that it wouldn't be going ahead

So that's 20hrs without food and more importantly liquid- as you can imagine both Ray and his brother are furious and there has been lots and lots of phone calls etc.

I know they can't always do things to a schedule, but surely common decency should make the surgeon realise that this poor guy is struggling and really needs to be told what is happening. :banghead:

Morning :wavey:

Alicia that is just not on angry.gif

The noise wasn't too bad last night, the music went to a bearable level after a while, most unlike them but very welcome nonetheless.

I have been gardening. In the garden at 4.45, now that's dedication for you laugh.gif

Edited by merledogs

That really isn't on Alicia :flowers:

Glad the asbo neighbours were quieter last night Alex :)

I had a horrid day at work yesterday. Basically we get judged on our performance on how many patients buy glasses on the same day. Over the last few months I appear to have ended up with either patients with no need for glasses, patients with no time, patients with no money, or patient who need referring. This has meant that my figures are pretty bad. I feel there is nothing I can do about this, but the senior optometrist (who cherrypicks her patients so her figures are good), keeps on at me that I need to improve things. I honestly don't know what more I can do. After I had been told this, and ended up getting upset, a patient came in yesterday who was having no symptoms and appeared fine, piped up at the end of the test that she currently had prisms in her spex. So I goes out of my room to ask one of the dispensers if he can send the spex up to the lab so we can check for prisms, he turned round and told me to do it myself, despite the fact he wasn't busy :angry:

Anyhow, this patient came in again saying she wanted to know why it wasn't picked up during the test, even though if a patient isn't complaining of double vision you don't just go shoving prisms in their spex without a test showing they need them. Anyway, this just sent me over the edge and I ended up really upset.

I ended up with a really bad headache for the rest of the day which just wouldn't shift. Didn't even get to the farm last night, as by the time it had gone, it was past 8pm and I still felt really poorly.

Never mind, got 2 x 3 day weeks coming up, can't wait to actually have 2 full weekends off :)

Got the needles Yaaaaaaaaay. Lost the will to sew :angry: So today I wll do more gardening. I'm finding all sorts of things hiding behind the buddleia TREES.

Blimey they've got a will to live. One was towering over a beautiful acer which I have now given some daylight. There's quite a little jungle up there at the end of the garden. Turning into one of Mungo's favourite places. Oh, and the buddleia is only slightly beaten by the bamboo. You'd think this was bluddy Chine the amount of the stuff thats growing here !

I had a horrid day at work yesterday.

I ended up with a really bad headache for the rest of the day which just wouldn't shift. Didn't even get to the farm last night, as by the time it had gone, it was past 8pm and I still felt really poorly.

:GroupHug:

Are you anywhere near N Herts? I'm sure my glasses need changing,

Hope you're feeling better today.

:GroupHug:

Oh, and the buddleia is only slightly beaten by the bamboo. You'd think this was bluddy Chine the amount of the stuff thats growing here !

I hate the stuff, it's ugly and grows like triffids.

I have taken the dogs out, mown the lawn, done a couple of washes and done the hoovering. What with that and the early morning gardening I think I deserve a rest laugh.gif

I may do some more gardening later cos I need to sort out the small patio at the top which has mud caked in the corners and stuff growing through it cos there are a couple of paving stones missing.

I've done a bit of reading in the garden and had a short nap. Am dithering over whether to have a bath and chill out of whether to shovel some soil around in the garden. Might give that a go for a bit and if I get bored then have a bath.

My life is just so exciting rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

I hope everybody's out enjoying the sunshine. I think I've burned the back of my neck from bending over gardening rolleyes.gif

As per usual my tiny little brain got sidetracked - I started clearing the top patio, then decided that the Pampas Grass against the back fence had to go so I ended up chopping that down.

Sore back now, so shower, shandy and telly o'clock.