UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Yep, sorry to disappoint Murtle, but Merledogs is right - lawyers in private practice have to deal with nobs, especially when they are being nobs 'cause the client is paying the lawyer to do whatever nobby thing they have decided on. And accountants in private practice potentially have to deal with SME people who have no idea what they're doing, or bigger business who think they know more than their accountants. Naturally there are exceptions, but ...........

In business, accountants and lawyers have to deal with lots of people, all day every time -and some of them are nitwits like me. I deal lots with accountants and lawyers at work. :biggrin:

Says Mrs B, still with a headache and mainly typing rubbish, except about nobs!

:wavey: Yay for school hols :biggrin: , I have had a lovely day chilling out with the boys today and went for a horse ride with Adam.

Just took the dogs out and met a man who I have seen walking many times with an elderly Cairn Terrier, he was on his own today :( She's gone :(. Sleep tight Jazz :lily:.

Sleep tight jazz terrier :wub: :GroupHug:

Rmf - just had scariest train journey ever!!! Got to station to find out that a truck has hit a bridge on the line I travel on and it's hit it that hard that the digger it was carrying fell off. Anyway, whilst we were waiting for replacement coaches, a guard came out and told us that the 7.27 was going to be departing and calling at all stops, but going really slowly. I've never been so scared on a train in my life, the driver stopped the train before the bridge to assess the damage, and then went across it really really slowly. I think everyone on the train held their breath until we got safely across!! Think a glass of vino is in order to calm me down!!

:wavey: Yay for school hols :biggrin: , I have had a lovely day chilling out with the boys today and went for a horse ride with Adam.

Nice day :biggrin:

Sleep tight little Jazz.

Beautiful sunrise here. Who's with me for kicking the bottom of Tuesday then? I plan to work like a demon today so I can bunk off and go ride beloved pony at tea time.

Sleep tight jazz terrier :wub: :GroupHug:

Rmf - just had scariest train journey ever!!! Got to station to find out that a truck has hit a bridge on the line I travel on and it's hit it that hard that the digger it was carrying fell off. Anyway, whilst we were waiting for replacement coaches, a guard came out and told us that the 7.27 was going to be departing and calling at all stops, but going really slowly. I've never been so scared on a train in my life, the driver stopped the train before the bridge to assess the damage, and then went across it really really slowly. I think everyone on the train held their breath until we got safely across!! Think a glass of vino is in order to calm me down!!

hope you're feeling better this morning flowers.gif ,

Railway bridges get struck a lot ( honestly you think its rare but it's not large buses and lorries do it more than you think ) and although the driver may stop and look there a lot of checks & decisions before that & generic bridge strike guild lines compiled by civil engineers etc. As part of most of those protocols a very low speed is imposed whilst additional monitoring of the bridge is undertaken hence your train crawling over , if there was even the slightest hint of a real structural damage or any concerns about the bridges ability to hold the weight of a train in any way shape or form the line would have been fully suspended and no movements allowed over it.

I used to deal with bridge strikes a lot and I have heard staff say stupid things to passengers about we are going slowly in case the bridge collapses but they were talking crap honest , railway bridges are very solid & safe stuctures ( they carry very heavy trains ) and the risks are generally to the road users after a strike ( in case a few bricks get dislodged and fall down on cars )

Anyway all that aside I hope you enjoyed your vino and todays trip to and from work is quiter for you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Haven't read back properly, so :unsure: :flowers: :biggrin: :GroupHug: as required.

My OH's brother David was diagnosed with a very uncommon pleural cancer last October..he died on Saturday night. :mecry: He'd taken early semi retirement only a couple of months before he became ill, and they had such great plans for his full retirement and now he's gone, it's so sad.

Good luck at the dentist Jazz :flowers:

Have a lovely ride Jules :biggrin:

I have invited a friend over today so am rushing round trying to tidy up :rolleyes: . It's a lovely day and I have already filled up my washing line :biggrin: . It is also lovely having time to visit the Refuge in the morning :wub:, I really do miss sitting doing nothing these days but needs must :wink: .

eta Just seen your post Suzeanna, so sorry :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Edited by Gemstone

Thanks for that. :flowers:

Good luck at the dentist Jazz! I've got an appointment with a cardiologist this afternoon to see if they can shed any light on the atrial fibrillation episode I had a few weeks ago. Bet he says there's nothing wrong and he doesn't know why it did it...ah well, might as well spend a couple of hours hanging round in hospital on this lovely sunny day!

Edited by suzeanna

Who's with me for kicking the bottom of Tuesday then? I plan to work like a demon today so I can bunk off and go ride beloved pony at tea time.

Sounds great, have a lovely ride!

Railway bridges get struck a lot ( honestly you think its rare but it's not large buses and lorries do it more than you think ) and although the driver may stop and look there a lot of checks & decisions before that & generic bridge strike guild lines compiled by civil engineers etc.

The railway bridge just up the road from us gets hit on a regular basis unfortunately, usually by double decker buses on the way to or from Thorpe Park. The buses always come off worse but its scarey to think what would happen if someone was sitting upstairs....

ive got the dentist at 10.30, I cant remember what for ......

pray its just a check up xx

Hope that it's just a check up :flowers:

I'm going to the dentist this afternoon. I know that I'm going to need at least one filling but fingers crossed she doesn't want me to have any crowns etc.

My OH's brother David was diagnosed with a very uncommon pleural cancer last October..he died on Saturday night. :mecry: He'd taken early semi retirement only a couple of months before he became ill, and they had such great plans for his full retirement and now he's gone, it's so sad.

:GroupHug: I'm really sorry, that's so sad.

've got an appointment with a cardiologist this afternoon to see if they can shed any light on the atrial fibrillation episode I had a few weeks ago. Bet he says there's nothing wrong and he doesn't know why it did it...ah well, might as well spend a couple of hours hanging round in hospital on this lovely sunny day!

It's good to have answers but hope that it's nothing anyway!