UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Morning. Wish I wasn't here, but my sleep patterns show no sign of settling down into anything sensible.

The only sensible thing I did do was make an appointment with my favourite GP when I had my dizzy turn .......... which means I now only have to wait until a week tomorrow, and can use it for whatever bit of me is bugging me most at the time. :laugh:

Contrary to other opinions, Marge, I think you should be dancing..... on the tables to show off your lovely new ankles!

:laugh: no chance!

We appear to have bought a new (to us) caravan this weekend and a new car to tow it with for me

Pictures please :biggrin:

It's been a busy few weeks and we are a tired household tonight, my poor OH has only spent one day at home in three weeks.

i hope you can both get a bit of chill out time today :flowers:

Daisy is always so lovely when I come home - she completely forgets herself, forgets that she hates to be touched or handled and throws herself and her kisses all over me, and wriggles and bounds all around me.

Awww, bless her :wub:

Fingers paws and everything still crossed for Pepper. :wub:

Put lots of cream on Alex :flowers:

Glen :wub:

morning. Dinner was okish, ended up sitting with the neice's future inlaws, who were a bit miffed about venue, paying, the cake etc etc. Bodes well for the wedding, (if they get that far, that seemed to be a touchy subject too!) :unsure:

is there anything I can do for ulcers on my tongue? They have been building up over the last few days and now I have then down the sides and on top. methinks I won't be doing much talking today. :huh:

Hubby took me to Cosmos last night for a "treat" as I'd never been before, http://www.cosmo-restaurants.co.uk/ I must admit to being a bit torn over the whole experience. The food was superb really superb, and having such an incredible array and variety of dishes to try was fantastic - I tried loads of different things I'd never had before (tho I couldnt be convinced to try the sushi bar raw fish just seems iiick) but whilst I discovered loads of new dishes I liked I equally found several I didn't and heres where I'm left a little uncomfortable - at least 4 times I left a half filled plate with partially eaten food on it and went and got different food leaving the other plate to be cleared away (which it was at the speed of sound) hubby is a little less adventurous than me so he only left about 2 plates worth. Now the restaurant seats 250 every 2 hours (1 hr 45 mins at peak times) if only 10% of the diners are trying & leaving food they don't like then thats an awful lot of food being wasted and presumably thrown away. It also encourages people to be "greedy" I know I certainly fell for that :rolleyes: :wacko: I ate far far more than I would normally, and far more than was "comfortable" because I a) wanted my moneys worth :rolleyes: and b) wanted to try as many new things as I could ...and then I realised what I thought was an already well stocked and varied dessert station was in fact only 1 of the 3 dessert stations :ohmy: and things became surreal (is it possible to overdose on fresh cream?) hubby kept telling me to "pace myself" but having a time limit on how long you can have your table for does limit that to some extent.

Dont get me wrong I really enjoyed it, and I would go again and recommend it to others, but the waste does bother me .... am I being silly? I don't think I've ever concerned myself before about wasted restaurant food maybe it was just seeing how much food was getting thrown away?

Morning all.

Just had a read through,(I do read chatter most days, just never post.... which is nuts!). How lovely it is to 'see' so many familiar faces :)

I do hope all is well with everyone ( i did note Glen is as handsome as ever!)

:)

Ix

Hello Ingi :wavey:

Snow - I would feel uncomfortable with that as well flowers.gif

Walked the dogs, washed the car, washed all four wheelie bins, hoovered, hung washing out, shoved another one in, put rugs in garage, got other rugs out of garage, now sitting down.

Morning on another beautiful day.

Gorgeous Glen :wub:

Doesn't sound too clever Marge. Although on other hand family gatherings do seem to have grumblers.

Jules hope you and oh manage a more peaceful day today and can chill a bit :GroupHug:

Andrea look forward to seeing pics. Lovely thought to be able to get away with the doglets whenever you fancy :flowers:

Martyn has had to go into work. Hope he manages to fix the problem soon. He hates his job as it is.

Ambre Solaire do a good aftersun if you're sore at all Alex.