UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

night night all, been a strange day of very mixed emotions, Going to get Cliffy out for his last wee of the night then settle Archie on my bed :wub:

its my birthday in 36 minutes shhh all I want is Archie safe n sound for a little while longer

Happy birthday Nige.

I hope you get your wish and Archie is with you for a while. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks all but for the last few years I had nothing but tragic news on my b'day, so have come to actually dislike it and usually do my best to ignore it

Thinsk I have really messed up, I was looking thourgh some pics last night and I think I have somehow deleted the entire golder of dogs pics from last year, there were loads of all 3 of them but I really need the ARchie pics, and the Tessie ones too as she has cancer and I don't know how long I will have my little princess :mecry:

Morning :wavey:

Hope you find the pics Nige flowers.gif

Julia Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Hugapup - what lovely men flowers.gif

It stopped raining overnight and the water on the drive drained away, but then I put the washing machine on and the water was obviously too much for the drain, so the drive is under water again rolleyes.gif Am going to have to not do any washing for a while until all the floodwater's cleared. I am just hoping against hope that it doesn't rain again.

Morning :wavey:

Hope you find the pics Nige flowers.gif

Julia Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Hugapup - what lovely men flowers.gif

It stopped raining overnight and the water on the drive drained away, but then I put the washing machine on and the water was obviously too much for the drain, so the drive is under water again rolleyes.gif Am going to have to not do any washing for a while until all the floodwater's cleared. I am just hoping against hope that it doesn't rain again.

Thanks Alex, hope your water manages to drain

away soon

ive done a bit of tipping out in the shed. thought if I do a couple of bags before the bin men come, it wont take long so I get bored, and dont have to take it to the tip. ive already done under the stairs and my wardrobe. ill do the conservatory next time.

im going to mothers tomorrow so will take stuff for her charity, and other bits to the charity shop, as she doesnt take electricals. my hall might be empty for a few days, you never know. need then to empty the car so lissie and trudy can get in there for the vets on wednesday. lissie for her jabs and trudy to be spayed

lewis should be back from plymouth today yyeeaaaaaa

Marge, I hope you don't have a bump on your head after being attacked by the car door. :GroupHug:

Julia, have massive :GroupHug: from me. It makes you feel so miserable being full of cold. :GroupHu

Nige :GroupHug: Where did you delete photos from? PC/camera/memory card?

Alex, I hope your flooding has subsided but what a great excuse not to do any more washing! :biggrin:

Snow, glad you have finally found the outfit to wear for the wedding. At least that will be one less stress as time gets nearer.

Louie :wub:

MIL is not doing too well at home. Not sure the full-time carer is up to much. I had a phone call from her on Friday evening asking for neighbours number (who is also ex-SIL) saying mum was coughing and wanted to see her. Turned out she was coughing cos she was choking on her tea!! FFS. Ex SIL asked her what she would have done if she hadnt been in, she said dial 999. And mum hasnt been out of bed once yet since being home despite them providing a hoist to get her into the chair. I dont think mum likes her too much either so might have to look at other care options. :(

I've just heard that two of my friend's cows, Tania and Queen Bee have been tested 'inconclusive' for TB. DEFRA are refusing to allow them a retest, and it may well be that Tania's daughter Faerie will also test inconclusive and all of them will be killed. These are dearly beloved well cared for cattle that have been bred on the same farm for many generations : I can't imagine how terrible this must be for the whole herd and their owner.

She has TB infected badgers on her farm and can't do anything about them: she'd dearly love to vaccinate her cattle, but that's not allowed. :mecry:

I've just heard that two of my friend's cows, Tania and Queen Bee have been tested 'inconclusive' for TB. DEFRA are refusing to allow them a retest, and it may well be that Tania's daughter Faerie will also test inconclusive and all of them will be killed. These are dearly beloved well cared for cattle that have been bred on the same farm for many generations : I can't imagine how terrible this must be for the whole herd and their owner.

She has TB infected badgers on her farm and can't do anything about them: she'd dearly love to vaccinate her cattle, but that's not allowed. :mecry:

She can pay to have the tests done again. A lot of tests are inconclusive or false positive. Its a real problem.

Your name or do you own it?

My name. I havent quite got £740,000 !

She can pay to have the tests done again. A lot of tests are inconclusive or false positive. Its a real problem.

She's been told that she absolutely cannot retest again (I think they have had previous tests, but apparently DEFRA are being much fiercer about this than they have been in the past, when retests were allowed), and that the only thing she can do now other than let them all be killed is go to court - which she can't afford, even if she thought she might win. :mecry:

It's really heartbreaking, I don't know why they won't let her at least re-test, and to be denied vaccination as well! It's just awful. It's not as though any of them are even ill. :mecry: